• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
re1ifkfc.png

Release Date: May 21, 2019
Price: US ($29.99) | CA (CA$39.99) | JP (¥3,300) | EU (€29,99/£29.99) | AU (AU$39.95) | NZ (NZ$54.95)
File size: 16.2GB
Language support: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese
Digital Only

Summary
Hailed by many as a masterpiece, this remake of the first entry in the long-running Resident Evil series is now playable in HD. Experience true terror in this genre-launching survival horror classic.

The year is 1998. The Bravo Team of S.T.A.R.S., an elite special forces squad, has gone radio silent, and its Alpha Team has been dispatched to the forest on the outskirts of Raccoon City to investigate this mysterious disappearance. Attacked by bizarre and vicious dogs, alpha team members Chris and Jill manage to escape to a mysterious mansion in the middle of the forest. The horrors they encounter there are far greater than anyone might have foreseen...

Standard HD Edition Features
Very Easy Mode
Modern Controls
16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio

New Chris & Jill BSAA Costumes
30 FPS

Switch Exclusive Features:
Now Portable!
In-game Achievements

Screenshots

re0pljrf.png

Price: US ($29.99) | CA (CA$39.99) | JP (¥3,300) | EU (€29,99/£29.99) | AU (AU$39.95) | NZ (NZ$54.95)
File size: 13.6GB
Language support: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese
Digital & Physical (On Cart in the Origins Collection)

Summary:
This entry in the Resident Evil series expands on and enriches the excitement and intrigue of the survival horror genre. Learn of the events that preceded the series' first game, and experience thrilling new gameplay systems as you alternate between its two playable characters to solve the mystery.

In 1998, the American town of Raccoon City has been host to a series of strange and grisly murders. Rebecca Chambers, a new member of the elite special forces team known as S.T.A.R.S., has been dispatched along with the other Bravo Team members to investigate. Her search leads her to a train which has stopped in the middle of the forest. Little does she know, that this train is bound only for the realm of nightmares...

Standard HD Edition Features
Modern Controls
16:9 or 4:3 Aspect Ratio
Wesker Mode
Lower Leech mode requirements
30 FPS

Now Portable!
All DLC Costumes Included
In-game achievements

Screenshots

re435k3p.png

File size: 12.0GB
Language support: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, English
Digital Only

Summary:
Ushering in a new phase in the Resident Evil franchise, this game focuses on the events following the dissolution of Umbrella Corporation. The pioneering over-the-shoulder camera perspective is a departure from the fixed-camera views found in earlier entries, allowing for unrivaled action gameplay which has been met with widespread critical acclaim.

In the wake of the completely unprecedented biological disaster of Raccoon City, the corporation exposed as the initiator of those atrocities, Umbrella, has been dissolved. Leon S. Kennedy, a survivor of the incident, has gone on to become a special agent in the direct employ of the president of the United States. The president's daughter has been kidnapped, and Leon has followed eyewitness reports to a cold village in Europe. In that village, a new intrigue awaits at 60FPS...

Now Portable!
In-game Achievements

Screenshots

Last edited:

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow the title fit perfectly with the price of the games

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
In on REmake... when it goes on sale.

Tempted to day 1 RE4; I'll wait for reports on how it controls before doing so.

lojo

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wanting to revisit RE4, after putting so much time in RE2 remake. I really hope the gamecube controller works for it.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I will not buy it at a high price.

I will when it's discounted tho. Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. And having it Handheld will be amazing

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Really curious if RE4 will run at 60FPS or 30FPS. It ran at 30 on last gen so we will see.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I feel like the only one who doesn't care a ton for the gyro controlling of games on Wii; it didn't significantly enhance my experience playing Metroid Prime or RE4.

It should be the opposite !

I blew my load on Golden Week sales last month, trying to cut back and only buy sure things, lol.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
The title actually hurts... lol.

RE4 is probably going to be a port from the PS2 version right? i think i will wait for a "big" sale before thinking of buying it again.

but I'll probably get the physical collection. both remake and 0 are my favorite classic RE titles.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So no info on re4...?

Want 1080p@60fps + gyro controls
Expecting 1080p@30fps + no other changes

Oct 25, 2017
Dang I didn't realize they were $30 EACH. Guess we can pretty much figure out how much Devil May Cry 1 is going to cost.

Well good for people who want it portable I guess.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sigh, I should be more excited about some of my favorite titles coming to one of my favorite recent systems; alas...

Definitely going to buy REmake on release...and while I don't want to encourage Capcom with this shit pricing scheme, I might fall for RE4 too.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted so hard to get RE4 on Switch since I love it to death and own, like, 2 billion different version of it, but if gyro isn't in there, I don't think I can justify paying an extra 10 bucks.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
RE4 would have been my fastest eShop purchase if they had released it at the same price as the other versions. Now I'm just gonna wait for 50% off or more.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Did they bring up Dino Crisis on that podcast? I had a whole army like the DC posts on that tweet to try and see if they'd talk about it.
It was the most boring thing ever. Literally just "hey explain RE to people who have no idea what it is or what any of the games are like" ...incl a spoiler warning for that dog/window scene ... I mean ...fine those people exist but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
£30 6th gen games. Capcom are back baby...

It was the most boring thing ever. Literally just "hey explain RE to people who have no idea what it is or what any of the games are like" ...incl a spoiler warning for that dog/window scene ... I mean ...fine those people exist but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lol.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone recommend me which of those games to play, I'm fairly new to the series, the only RE game I've played was RE Revelation on the 3DS years ago, I have not played RE:R2, which one is the most enjoyable.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
You misunderstood, i mean based on the PS2 version, not GC/Wii version of the game which had better graphics and visual effects.
I was messing around. I'm pretty sure it's a port of the PS4/Xbox One/PC version, which was a port of the 360/PS3 version, which was based on the GameCube original.