• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand everyone flipping over the prices, I mean one look at the e-shop and it's readily apparent that this is the norm on the platform, to re release 10+ year old games at 30$ or higher, I'm not sure why people suddenly had different expectations from capcom.
Its not in line with Capcoms pricing of similar Switch ports on Switch in the past - thats all there is to is.
People bringing up other publisher, games or systems are missing the point.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
You can laugh at the pricing but clearly Capcom are going to catch people who have never played the games before and would therefore find the price reasonable.

For the rest of us. Well that's what sales are for.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Jawmuncher
Another thing to mention in the OP is that RE0 HD actually has new content in it from GCN RE0 with the Wesker Mode. That's something that's getting me to buy the Origins Collection eventually here. It's not Switch-specific for this version but it's new content for anyone who wants these to supplant the original GCN/Wii versions of RE0 and REmake (the Japanese version has remastered versions of Wesker's Report in there as well so I wonder how that shakes out on Switch which seems to be a global SKU for REmake and RE0 - can we access it if we switch to Japanese?)

REmake HD
  • A Very Easy mode was made available. This can be seen in the S.T.A.R.S. candidate personality test at the start of any new game, with a third option being available.
  • A new (Alternate) analog control scheme was added, based on 2D or Modern Controls from later games.
  • A 16:9 camera perspective was implemented.
  • BSAA costumes for both Jill and Chris were added and can be selected from the start.
  • Wesker's Report and Wesker's Report II were remastered and added as unlockables in the game. (Japanese release only)
  • Manual reloading (no need to go into the inventory)

Also some neat under the hood improvements for RE0 (stolen from gamefaqs with some stuff I found elsewhere...the RE wikis are a real letdown here with no actually detailed rundown of these differences)
RE0
  • Getting 100 leeches in Leech Hunter will now give you ALL rewards (in the GC version you'd have to get 100 leeches for infinite ammo and then 90 leeches in another run to get the magnum)
  • Some leeches in Leech Hunter are now visible
  • More costumes and most of them are available right away without beating the game, plus you can change clothes any time now instead of having to use the locker key in the train
  • Manual reload
  • Costume selection for Leech Hunter mode has apparently been removed for the HD version.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
$40 Canadian for RE4? Lol naw.

Considering what the Revelations games launched at there is 0 chance I will buy these until they get a 70% discount. Total trash price.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Jawmuncher
Another thing to mention in the OP is that RE0 HD actually has new content in it from GCN RE0 with the Wesker Mode. That's something that's getting me to buy the Origins Collection eventually here. It's not Switch-specific for this version but it's new content for anyone who wants these to supplant the original GCN/Wii versions of RE0 and REmake (the Japanese version has remastered versions of Wesker's Report in there as well so I wonder how that shakes out on Switch which seems to be a global SKU for REmake and RE0 - can we access it if we switch to Japanese?)

Also some neat under the hood improvements for RE0 (stolen from gamefaqs with some stuff I found elsewhere...the RE wikis are a real letdown here with no actually detailed rundown of these differences)

I'll work on adding these when I get on the desktop.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
- Chooses to charge $10 more than other console versions that released 3 years ago.
- Chooses RE0 to be the game on the cart and forces a digital only REmake.
- Chooses RE4 to be digital only and takes out the much celebrated gyro controls.

I then choose not to buy these products except RE4 when it gets a steeeep discount.
Would really like to get some communication from Capcom on why these releases are like this. I mean obviously it's because $$$ but the inconsistency with these very same ports on other platforms is very scumbag.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Would really like to get some communication from Capcom on why these releases are like this. I mean obviously it's because $$$ but the inconsistency with these very same ports on other platforms is very scumbag.

They hate the Switch as a platform and all the gamers in that ecosystem.

I half joke, but Capcom has stated that their focus is on big AAA experiences and Switch conveniently defies their expectation of what gamers want.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
They hate the Switch as a platform and all the gamers in that ecosystem.

I half joke, but Capcom has stated that their focus is on big AAA experiences and Switch conveniently defies their expectation of what gamers want.
Seems pretty stupid to make business decisions based on pettiness but then again Capcom has a history of making very questionable decisions. It's more likely down to bad management of their switch division but it's still pretty weird compared to past ports on the platform (ie: Okami)

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not buying any at that price, but RE4 portable is really intriguing at a sale price

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I got disappointed all over again because I forgot they were charging $30 for RE4 in 2019. I don't see it going on sale for $20 or less anytime soon either, we'll probably get $25 at some point but even that is more than I would pay.
I really don't understand everyone flipping over the prices, I mean one look at the e-shop and it's readily apparent that this is the norm on the platform, to re release 10+ year old games at 30$ or higher, I'm not sure why people suddenly had different expectations from capcom.
I think it always behooves consumers to have a reasonable expectation of pricing and make their displeasure known when those expectations are not met.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even imagine the thought process behind porting RER collection with Gyro controls and then not having them in RE4. Embarassing. Back when these ports were announced and people were saying that these will have no new features, I thought to myself that that can't be true, Capcom will reveal more info as we get closer to release. I was wrong.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
At that price? LOL kiss my butt Nintendo.
Nintendo does not set prices for other publisher's games. Neither does any other platform holder.
I got disappointed all over again because I forgot they were charging $30 for RE4 in 2019. I don't see it going on sale for $20 or less anytime soon either, we'll probably get $25 at some point but even that is more than I would pay.

I think it always behooves consumers to have a reasonable expectation of pricing and make their displeasure known when those expectations are not met.
The Revelations games are on sale all the time. RE4 will hit its 50% off sale sooner or later this Q3/Q4.

Oct 25, 2017
At that price? LOL kiss my butt Nintendo.
giphy.gif

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
The best port of RE4 is for Wii, thanks to the motion aim.

The switch port have that option?

Does the Wii version maintain the realtime cutscenes from the Gamecube? e.g. if you wear a different costume, it's reflected in the cutscenes. I hate how in the PS4, etc. versions it's all some of it is pre-rendered. It's super low-res and looks horrendous.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I can't even imagine the thought process behind porting RER collection with Gyro controls and then not having them in RE4. Embarassing. Back when these ports were announced and people were saying that these will have no new features, I thought to myself that that can't be true, Capcom will reveal more info as we get closer to release. I was wrong.

If any capcom ports are going to have new features they tend to yell it from the rooftop ASAP. These RE ports and the upcoming DMC are likely to be very similar. With no new big titles for this FY besides Mon Hun. Might be a case of pushing out more solid ports with less new features to make up for that. Since adding new features can add more time to a port when you're trying to fill a FY.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
REmake will definitely be on my Switch when it's on sale, at least 33% off, Zero when it's at least 50% off and I'm no inerested on RE4 because I already have it on Wii, though it is a shame it doesn't have gyro aiming, I hope they add it on a patch like Panic Button did with Doom.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Onimusha was 20 though right?
Yes. They priced all their previous releases appropriately. Here they got greedy.

REmake will definitely be on my Switch when it's on sale, at least 33% off, Zero when it's at least 50% off and I'm no inerested on RE4 because I already have it on Wii, though it is a shame it doesn't have gyro aiming, I hope they add it on a patch like Panic Button did with Doom.
Unless some huge backlash campaign hits them, they won't care. RE4 sells itself.

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Well, some of them are at least. I saw gameplay on YT.
Only for Ada's side-story that originated on PS2, and that's true for every version thereafter. (And, like, one short cutscene in the main-game with a bridge or something, but that's a 5 second scene without any character models.) Shame on you.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Yeah and bayonetta is 30 dollars as opposed to the 19.99 on the steam store, Darksiders is 30 dollars compared to the 19 dollars on the steam store, surprise RE4 is 30 in comparison to the 19.99 on the steam store.

I'm just saying this is the norm, why anyone expected anything different is beyond me.
I didn't expect this because all previous Capcom multiplatform releases were reasonably priced on Switch , even the Ace Attorney Trilogy and Onimusha, which came out this year, so this doesn't make sense (the "exclusives" like USFII and GU weren't though). And for the most part, most multiplatform Switch releases have had the same digital price as the PS4/One Versions without a sale, obviously there are examples of this not happening like the 2 you posted, and that's not nice either, but at the very least those are last gen games and both ports are pretty damn good and Bayonetta you can get a discount if you buy both 1 and 2, these on the other are Gamecube games, and RE4 won't have any kind of physical release.

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any impressions on these yet? I know RE4 has no gyro aiming but does the framerate hold up? Decent visuals? Decent controls?

Funnily enough thanks to Capcom (and their excellent Dragon's Dogma port and price) I have enough to play to wait this out for a sale.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard justifying myself to rebuy RE4 just for portable play. I was so excited when this got announced regardless of the price but the lack of new features is a bummer. Would have expected motion control at minimum. The fact no features were added make it too much of a cash grab for me.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any impressions on these yet? I know RE4 has no gyro aiming but does the framerate hold up? Decent visuals? Decent controls?

Funnily enough thanks to Capcom (and their excellent Dragon's Dogma port and price) I have enough to play to wait this out for a sale.
It's barebones in a few aspects (like most of the RE4 ports). Can't change the sensitivity of aiming for one, so aiming with the joycons will feel weird to some people.

Also don't remember being able to shoot with the face buttons if you're on a controller config that has you shooting with the triggers on the 360 and PS4 ports ... but I can shoot guns with ZR, Y and A on the type II button config ..

EDIT: Booted up PS4 version. Type II doesn't play like this there.
Also affects knife attacks and how you confirm item pick ups.

Last edited:

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California

Correctomundo. 60fps for RE4.
RE0/1 will be 30fps — same as PS4/XB1.

We also included an Achievements system within each game.

In a nutshell, features/content, performance, and graphical fidelity are pretty much on par with current gen systems. The benefit here is that you can enjoy the same experience on-the-go or in docked mode.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017

In a nutshell, features/content, performance, and graphical fidelity are pretty much on par with current gen systems. The benefit here is that you can enjoy the same experience on-the-go or in docked mode.
This may be a long shot, but is there any chance you can please suggest updating the RE4 home menu icon so that it features a key visual and the game's logo, as per Nintendo's recommended guidelines and for consistency's sake with other icons? It's one of my favorite games, and I would like it to have a pretty "cover" if I buy it for the sixth time, lol. :)

See also: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...fix-the-re4-switch-icon-pretty-please.105198/

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain

I never understood the lack of 60 FPS on Zero/REmake HD for consoles. They are unlocked on PC and it doesn't break anything AFAIK.

Yes, i know that those games have pre-rendered backgrounds and it is barely noticeable, but with higher framerate the input response would be better. I remember that because on PC input response at 60 was way more comfortable than at 30 FPS.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'll buy the RE0/REmake physical version and wait for a sale to pick up RE4. Having RE4 on the go would be great but not something that I want strongly enough to pay full price for. I absolutely would've bought it day one if it had the motion aiming as it would be really nice to have that version of RE4 on a modern platform but oh well.
I never understood the lack of 60 FPS on Zero/REmake HD for consoles. They are unlocked on PC and it doesn't break anything AFAIK.

Yes, i know that those games have pre-rendered backgrounds and it is barely noticeable, but with higher framerate the input response would be better. I remember that because on PC input response at 60 was way more comfortable than at 30 FPS.

Doesn't playing REmake unlocked result in some issues? Its been long enough since I've played it that I don't remember but I definitely recall there being some issue with playing REmake at 60fps.