• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the icon is another disappointing aspect for RE4 in on this platform. Very much echo Neiteio here.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Correctomundo. 60fps for RE4.
RE0/1 will be 30fps — same as PS4/XB1.

We also included an Achievements system within each game.

In a nutshell, features/content, performance, and graphical fidelity are pretty much on par with current gen systems. The benefit here is that you can enjoy the same experience on-the-go or in docked mode.
Would you communicate up the chain that gyro controls are wanted? I've bought a few copies of RE4, but it would be nice to having else to set it apart from the other versions.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
At 20$ with motion aiming, RE4 would have been a questionable but understandable purchase. 30$ without motion aiming is just highway robbery. Fuck them and their "support" of the system.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone more familiar with when Switch games update on the eShop is there any chance of these titles releasing later tonight (Talking about the US)?

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I'll buy at least RE4 when there's eventually a deal. No way I'm spending $30 on any of these.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Icon makes 4 a no-go. Price is too high for REmake having played it within the last couple of years. Tempted by 0 but again, the price makes it a harder pill to swallow. New content (thanks TheMoon) and having it on there to dip in and out of with sleep mode does make it tempting though.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
really surprised but also somehow not surprised that they didn't add gyro to RE4. what a wasted opportunity. hard pass that would have otherwise been an instant buy. how can you be that out of touch? it's one of the main talking points since it got announced. here's hoping they patch it in.

also echoing the statements here that I hate companies ratcheting up the price on old ass games when cheaper versions could have been found for a really long time. not cool.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Correctomundo. 60fps for RE4.
RE0/1 will be 30fps — same as PS4/XB1.

We also included an Achievements system within each game.

In a nutshell, features/content, performance, and graphical fidelity are pretty much on par with current gen systems. The benefit here is that you can enjoy the same experience on-the-go or in docked mode.
Just to make sure it's not missed in the overnight transition:
If you could at all communicate to someone higher up that the RE community on Switch is quite upset about the lack of any motion/gyro aiming assist, which was in both Revelations ports and was basically the star feature (widely beloved) of the RE4 Wii version and that we would be able to swallow the extremely steep price compared to other platforms as a sign of good will if the dev team would patch that in.... That would be swell. Because apparently nobody had done any market research before greenlighting these (every other major and smaller dev is adding gyro aim to Switch versions, Capcom had it and took it out basically...).
Cheers!

I think its evident that the lack of any motion aiming for RE4 is an issue for many by looking just at the comments in here, especially since the precedent was set by previous Nintendo-system ports of the other games.

Here's a chance for an wonderful good-will "listening to the community" win - updating the game to support gyro aiming similar to how it was in Revelations 1/2/RE4Wii and replacing the Switch home menu icon to something more like this
re4switch0gjxu.jpg

or a direct shoutout to its GameCube origins...
re4gcnjak69.jpg

or hell, even the website icon would be preferable!

re4webbckjc.jpg

please, anything you could pass on to someone who makes calls about this....

(also a nice global physical copy with reversible covers thrown in would make people very happy to buy the game for the n-th time over...)

thanks in advance!

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Icon makes 4 a no-go. Price is too high for REmake having played it within the last couple of years. Tempted by 0 but again, the price makes it a harder pill to swallow. New content (thanks TheMoon) and having it on there to dip in and out of with sleep mode does make it tempting though.

For anyone wondering how bad the icon for 4 is I'll post a picture. They couldn't even capitalize the text font for the title of the game. Resident Evil 1 on the other hand has a great icon and the correct capitalizion in the system text.
D7BTXYOVsAExKgq.jpg:large

Also I am both dissapointed and disgusted with myself because I ended up getting both RE1 and RE4 preordered. I'm the reason Capcom is going to continue gouging us Switch owners for money and I'm sorry.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
For anyone wondering how bad the icon for 4 is I'll post a picture. They couldn't even capitalize the text font for the title of the game. Resident Evil 1 on the other hand has a great icon and the correct capitalizion in the system text.

Also I am both dissapointed and disgusted with myself because I ended up getting both RE1 and RE4 preordered. I'm the reason Capcom is going to continue gouging us Switch owners for money and I'm sorry.
The text is a joke but it's the streak of fart around Leon that gets me.

Oct 29, 2017
I will not consider buying this without an option to play with the same controls as seen in RE4 Wii Edition. There is absolutely nothing stopping this from being done; the system is fully capable of replicating this control setup.

Do that and you will get my money Capcom.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Anyone more familiar with when Switch games update on the eShop is there any chance of these titles releasing later tonight (Talking about the US)?
Depends on the publisher , like everywhere.
Nintendo's games, Mortal Kombat and many others launched at midnight EST.

But some launched when the store updated at 9AM PST Tuesday.

And yeah, lower case has always been the "correct way" to write 4. Sucks, but not a mistake on Switch.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamexplain is gonna stream the first hour of Resident evil 4 and apparently the port has problems.
Jonneh who is a super fan of the game, is dissapointed.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any other versions of the RE4 HD with motion controls?

These are essentially ports of the 360/PS3 version right?

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The lowercase text does seem odd at first, but it's actually always been styled that way.

h24u5F0.png
Depends on the publisher , like everywhere.
And yeah, lower case has always been the "correct way" to write 4. Sucks, but not a mistake on Switch.
To be fair it's the same on PS4. I have always found it really weird.

First time I've noticed this small detail so I do take back my criticism. Really weird, but I guess if it's done out of tradition than that makes it cool!
Really though it'd look so much nicer with proper capitalization, time to go back in time and change things for the better.

DMA99

Feb 18, 2018
Gamexplain is gonna stream the first hour of the game, and apparently the port has problems.
Jonneh who is a super fan of the game is dissapointed.

Thats a bummer.

I was personally pretty disappointed with the PS4 version as well. The abrupt audio transitions are jarring, and the deadzone for aiming is way too high.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Same for Okami HD, Mega Man 11, Onimusha etc. But for some reason, nobody at Capcom want to answer why those three RE ports are pricier.
Onimusha was the first sign of price creep, even though it was on all platforms. It should've been an HD Collection for $30 (1-3) or $40 (1-3, DOD) like DMC but we're going to end up getting $20 individual releases.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So I heard RE4 has problems besides no gyro?

I just found this from Game Explain.

Apparently lacking other Switch features ones might hope for like no HD rumble either. Sounds like issues that were existing in the previous HD ports are still there too like the brighter color palette compared to the original game, which I expected, to be honest. Nothing game breaking it sounds like, but nothing new or improved compared to other versions of the game.

Last edited:

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Sad to hear about RE4 port issues, hopefully Digital Foundry will take a crack at it once it's out.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Man, maybe the Switch versions of Okami, ResRev2 and Dragon's Dogma are all flukes, because I do not understand why you'd handle - what many would consider one of the best games of all time - like this.

It's baffling.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
I just found this from Game Explain.

Apparently lacking other Switch features ones might hope for like no HD rumble either. Sounds like issues that were existing in the previous HD ports are still there too like the brighter color palette compared to the original game, which I expected, to be honest. Nothing game breaking it sounds like, but nothing good or improved compared to other versions of the game.

Charging 30bucks for that.
Fuck off

For the extra 10$ they should've at least include gyro, for fucks sake.
grrr

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the sniper animation bug still present?

Edit: The accelerated aim glitch is still present. Capcom get fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
No motion aiming, no sale. After Okami HD did precisely what I wanted to take full advantage of the Switch's suite of input options, delivering a truly definitive edition (apart from the intractable end credits issue), I know Capcom can do better.

Last edited:

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México

The series has always had an interesting relationship with upper/lower case.
biohazard 4 / resident evil 4 is always lowercase.
The original BIOHAZARD is always in uppercase. The remake biohazard is always in lower case.
Same with biohazard 0. HD REMASTER is always in upper case.
BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil / RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard always has the main title in upper and the sub in lower.
BIOHAZARD RE:2 / RESIDENT EVIL 2 is all upper case.

It's more consistent in Japanese but rule of thumb is early, PSX/N64 days everything was upper case, GCN days everything was lower case, nowadays everything but subtitles are in upper case. (See BIOHAZARD: marhawa desire, BIOHAZARD: heavenly island, BIOHAZARD THE STAGE)

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Guess, I'll not purchase RE4. The poor icon gave me pause, but no gyro? No HD Rumble? And apparently other issues are starting to crop up? $30?

Yeesh.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Just played the minecart section in 60fps on PC. I failed the climbing QTE first time around but when I focused on it the second time I succeeded. You really need to mash it out but it's doable.