• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
The screen space reflections are dreadful. Should be removed in their current state.
The game has DOF issues in cutscenes. Leon's face is constantly a blurry mess
Low res textures in spots where they shouldn't be (cost of 60fps I suppose)
The HDR and overall black levels are way too raised. Looks terrible for a horror game in scenes that are supposed to be very dark
Oh man.. suddenly my need for RTX to be in has increased.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
From the screenshots posted here, I really prefer the look of the 1X version. It has that "The Order" soft post-processed look which I find a million times more appealing than overly sharp with tons of jaggies and visible artifacts. I only have the PS4 pro though. Hopefully, I can achieve better than both on my PC.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the screenshots posted here, I really prefer the look of the 1X version. It has that "The Order" soft post-processed look which I find a million times more appealing than overly sharp with tons of jaggies and visible artifacts. I only have the PS4 pro though. Hopefully, I can achieve better than both on my PC.

Yeah the Pro is a jaggy mess ew

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

It's certainly a preference thing but you can't not see how the blurring on XBX causes a lot of textures and elements to look overly blurry/lower quality than PS4 Pro.

For example:

Pro to the left, XBX to the right.

Police desk sign:

untitled0ecl7.png

The RPD badge on Leon's outfit is barely legible on the XBX.

untitledg8fid.png

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
where's the 3rd emblem?
I got the unicorn and lion. also blasted hell it does look better on pro for some reason. this plus binaural support is pushing me to now switch to ps4 since ive also got platinum headsets.
anyways. shit feels like Remake in every way except for re4 camera.
the zombies are super fucking resilient. does this game have gun upgrades? coz if not popping their kneecaps and knifing seems 100 times more efficient especially since they trip over each other. thought to be fair im noticing their health varies based on who they are. with average civilians going doing in 2-3 shots while cops take like 6 or 7.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's certainly a preference thing but you can't not see how the blurring on XBX causes a lot of textures and elements to look overly blurry/lower quality than PS4 Pro.

For example:

Police desk sign:

untitled0ecl7.png

The RPD badge on Leon's outfit is barely legible on the XBX.

untitledg8fid.png
So weird. The X version is blurry and the Pro version has a ton of jaggies. Any chance this is an early version of the game and these issues will be corrected with the launch version?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Pro above, X below.

Someone could easily mistake the XBX version running at a lower resolution. Hopefully this is addressed by release.

33nfd3.png

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Too bad they didn't include the high res mode for both consoles. I'm just happy to have a demo, though

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So weird. The X version is blurry and the Pro version has a ton of jaggies. Any chance this is an early version of the game and these issues will be corrected with the launch version?

Not only a high chance.. am pretty sure that is what's going on.

You seen the RE engine. Even with the DMC 5 demo. It is a piece of a beauty. This does not represent final version.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Pro to the left, XBX to the right ..

look at the sign and plant. Yikes. Looks like a reverse RDR2 situation.

Someone said that things from the E3 build weren't in this demo, so it's probably not a 1 : 1 of the same code. It might be a chunk off the release code owing to how soon it's releasing to retail release.

5s7epx.png

Tony

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man.. suddenly my need for RTX to be in has increased.

Any word on implementation? Looking around all I see is that it's planned for the game, but no details as to whether they're talking about RTX only or DLSS, and no idea if it's at launch or not. My 2080 is hungry y'all.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

For example:

untitled0ecl7.png

I wouldn't blame anyone for completely hating the image on the right, but I find stuff like grain and image softness easier on the eyes than jaggies and shimmering. One my brain interprets as closer to a film and more organic the other I immediately reject as something digital and unnatural. Of course, this is taken into account when the image is viewed as a whole. In these zoomed in examples where neither seems to have any digital artefacts, the clarity on the left is more appealing.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
finished the demo. my only niggling issue is that the shotgun lacks a lot of OOMPH, though I imagine that's by design.

this is going to be a masterpiece.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not getting my hopes up. The X version of RE7 is softer than the Pro version, even though it runs at a higher resolution.

Yep, change in resolution probably won't change the TAA implementation either console uses. The same trade off was present in RE7 as well. Pro had sharper image quality but more visually noisy, XBX was less noisy/more stable but the IQ was worse/blurrier.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, change in resolution probably won't change the TAA implementation either console uses. The same trade off was present in RE7 as well. Pro had sharper image quality but more visually noisy, XBX was less noisy/more stable but the IQ was worse/blurrier.

I refuse to believe the X will be a blurry final mess. That makes 0 sense.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Finally able to confirm that you can blow a zombie in half on REmake 2 (thanks Mikan for the second picture):

DwkwXA_WoAAT2-h.jpg%3Alarge

Status
Not open for further replies.