• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
There's no way someone won't discover a workaround for the time limit, right? There has to be a way to delete a save file or redownload the demo to play it again on the same account.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Finished it. Came out to 21 minutes playtime.

I'm fresh off of a replay of RE2 from a few days ago, so seeing familiar rooms in this detail (and not from a youtube video) was fucking unreal. As someone also replaying REmake at the moment, I liked seeing hints of other puzzles and coming across doors that I probably won't be able to open for a while (Like the club key door in the 1F West Hallway) Game looks and runs pretty damned great on the Pro, too.

Just.... damn, man. This game is going to be something special. It might honestly top REmake as the GOAT video game remake. I'm even more hyped than I was before, and I didn't even think that was possible.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way someone won't discover a workaround for the time limit, right? There has to be a way to delete a save file or redownload the demo to play it again on the same account.
There is an explicit mention that demo can only be played online. They probably store and check your account data on their internal db.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I feel like the golden rule of RE games is when you get stuck, check the map for rooms you can get into that you haven't visited yet.
Yeah, the map is honestly a lot more useful in RE games than people give it credit for. REmake in particular highlights rooms a different color depending on whether or not you've found everything in any given room too, which is super handy for trying to piece together where to go next or where you may have missed a crucial item.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
LOL! CAn only play once. WTF?!
25509.jpg

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The hdr is completely broken for my. Ks8000.
The dark halways and misty grey. Like actual grey.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Possible to delete and download again including save data ?

Anyway , just downloaded from nz on Xbox , any way to download on PS4 without a nz account yet ?

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Where to go, what to do.
There is an explicit mention that demo can only be played online. They probably store and check your account data on their internal db.

To add to this, REmake 2 does something that REmake 1 does where on your map, grey rooms mean rooms you haven't explored the room yet (see them when pick up the map of an area for untentered rooms), red room means rooms there's something you can still do there (be it a puzzle, an item you haven't picked up or found, etc.), and green means you've 100% completed that room. In REmake 2, they also have made the map show items you got near enough to interact with but didn't picked up so you can pick them up later.

Oct 30, 2017
First comparison

Pro
residentevil2_1-shotdq7dyp.png

1X
brawly_residentevil21o2iou.png

Pro seems sharper but jaggier. Pro has some weird depth of field going on during some cutscenes, blurring Leon in odd ways. More coming.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
There was one bit that did look a little weird to me: That last cutscene with Marvin before the demo ends, he leans back a bit, and his head got really blurry. Not sure what happened there.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
First comparison

Pro

1X
Pro seems sharper but jaggier. Pro has some weird depth of field going in, blurring in odd ways at times Leon. More coming.

Yeah the DoF in cutscenes seems totally off on PS4 but I'm guessing this is quite an old build.

HDR is also a bit naff - looks beautiful in lit rooms but the dark corridors are way too bright. Mucking with the settings in either direction just seems to make everything brighter either way which was weird.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Quite a few things are missing in this demo from the E3 one. So far two things i've noticed

• You can't open Leons Desk (Though the safe is still there, don't know the combination for it though)
  • The portable safe is not in the demo as well. Preventing you from getting more shotgun ammo and a side pack.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Quite a few things are missing in this demo from the E3 one. So far two things i've noticed

• You can't open Leons Desk (Though the safe is still there, don't know the combination for it though)
  • The portable safe is not in the demo as well. Preventing you from getting more shotgun ammo and a side pack.
Yep it's not in the locker room.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
First comparison

Pro
residentevil2_1-shotdq7dyp.png

1X
brawly_residentevil21o2iou.png

Pro seems sharper but jaggier. Pro has some weird depth of field going on during some cutscenes, blurring Leon in odd ways. More coming.

Pro seems sharper but more visually 'noisy'.
XBX seems smoother but looks a bit more blurrier.

This is almost exactly the same setup that RE7's Pro and XBX versions had:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...one-x-offers-a-big-leap-over-standard-console

It all boils down to a choice between X's clean but softer image, or the sharp but visually noisier output on PS4 Pro.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm so fucking happy this turned out the way it did. Having bought the original on pre-order back in the day shared with two friends, it warms my heart to see the impressions and just drinking in how great it all looks overall.

I'm so hyped, I'm about to shed a tear of joy.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Figured out some better hdr settings. Increase black levels and lower gamma.
Hallway still looks crap but atleast its dark now.

Fyi the game only seems to capture your time at checkpoints.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Demo was great but really short, only took a little over 10 minutes to get to the end. Blacks are broken and everything is grey in dark conditions, dunno if it's a problem with HDR only. Pro version looked good but had some jaggies, will try on pc later. Bummer that they changed the safe combination, maybe it's in the main office...

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Nice comparison shots. Thanks for sharing!

I have the CE preordered for PS4. This makes me feel a little better about it. I was worried there would be a massive gulf in quality between the Pro and XB1X which has been the case with other games lately.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Demo was great but really short, only took under a little over 10 minutes to get to the end. Blacks are broken and everything is grey in dark conditions, dunno if it's a problem with HDR only. Pro version looked good but had some jaggies, will try on pc later. Bummer that they changed the safe combination, maybe it's in the main office...
Its hdr. Tried both. Lit rooms look extra extra dark if i lower the gamma to make hallways better.
But hdr still looks better than default.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Sad that it seems exactly the same as RE7 with one version being jaggy and one blurry. I'd probably rather play the PS4 Pro version but XB1X could almost certainly be sharper.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Took my sweet time like an idiot and the clock run out literally when i opened the locker to get the shotgun

I was all "alright a shot-THANKS FOR PLAYING"

God i'm pissed

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
To add to this, REmake 2 does something that REmake 1 does where on your map, grey rooms mean rooms you haven't explored the room yet (see them when pick up the map of an area for untentered rooms), red room means rooms there's something you can still do there (be it a puzzle, an item you haven't picked up or found, etc.), and green means you've 100% completed that room. In REmake 2, they also have made the map show items you got near enough to interact with but didn't picked up so you can pick them up later.
That's is a really nice QoL improvement. I can't wait to play the full game.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Someone might have mentioned this already but you can turn film grain off on consoles.

Revelations 2 am cry.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a 30 minute time limit is counter-intuitive to how you typically should play RE games (slow and steady).

Yup, I can see myself spending 10 minutes+ in some of the larger rooms checking for details. I'm going to stretch this game for as long as I can because a 1st time playthrough of a dream remake may only come once in life.

For this combined I shall be going in completely blind on the 25th.

Loving the solid impressions though!

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Sad that it seems exactly the same as RE7 with one version being jaggy and one blurry. I'd probably rather play the PS4 Pro version but XB1X could almost certainly be sharper.

Yeah, this is really going to make things difficult for me. Why is the AA so aggressive on X? It should be operating the same as the Pro but with an increased resolution. That softened image is kinda shitty. Ugh, I didn't want to play this on my jet engine.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Someone might have mentioned this already but you can turn film grain off on consoles.

Revelations 2 am cry.

Nice. Do consoles also support turning CA off ? That's one of the best parts about RE7's PC version.

CA is an abhorrent effect and should always be presented as an option for people who don't want to compromise image quality.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Lol at the people getting pissed. You know they could have just forgone a demo whatsoever like a lot of devs do right? Why are some of you so fucking entitled? It's not like we rage when we can't get an unlimited demo with most games.

I'm debating whether I want to play the demo or not. This is day 1 for me so I'm afraid of ruining some of the 1st time play luster.

Does anyone know what part of the game the demo takes place? Definitely don't want to play if it's the opening arrival at the city.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I feel like a 30 minute time limit is counter-intuitive to how you typically should play RE games (slow and steady).

Well it is only a teaser to make us even more hungry for the main course and they don't want to ruin the first part of the game by having people play it over. At least it's not a few months away and is out in 2 weeks.

It will be interesting to see if this older build has any changes to the finished game, like enemy / item location changes ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.