• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

This demo had been leaked a bit before-hand, but have to be online to play it, have one shot at the demo, 30 minute time limit, and now confirmed will be hitting all platforms REmake 2 is releasing on. Demo will only be available from January 11th to January 31st, one shot and 30 minutes only to see how far you can get.

Thirty minutes. That's how much time you'll have with the Resident Evil 2 "1-Shot" Demo when it becomes available for PS4 on January 11! As the name suggests, you can play as much as you like for thirty minutes of in-game time, but once the clock runs out, so does the demo. You're going to want to maximize your time playing through this unique experience, so we have a handful of tips for players to keep in mind when they sink their teeth into the demo.

Leon's welcoming party may have been cancelled, but your escape from the police station has just begun. Similar to the demo that we've had at various events since the game was first unveiled at E3 in 2018, you'll be able to explore the R.P.D. as you like… but you'll be on a time limit. Once those thirty minutes are up, so is your demo! Fortunately, you can continue if you die, or if you complete the mission objective. However, just like in real life, you can't turn back the clock and you won't be getting back the time you lost, so use what time you have wisely.

Play quickly and carefully if you want to see the end of the demo, and be sure to pick up any useful items you see laying around while conserving your ammo. It may be tempting to try and defeat every zombie that stands, or crawls, in your way, but sometimes it's better to use a few bullets to make an escape route than empty a clip on a monster that refuses to stay dead.

Also confirmed there's a new trailer at the end of the 30 minute demo you can replay as many times as you like, but you can only play the demo once (and it requires always online drm, one playthrough per account). Demo has a cut-off point/objective, but you can still explore around RPD even once you reach the end of the demo until time is up.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
well there it is. now some of you can calm down.

happy to see pc included. will give it a try

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
One shot at the demo? Doesn't that kind of, you know, defeat the purpose of a demo? You want me to get hooked on your product and buy it, then I'm sure as shit gonna have to play it more than once Capcom!

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Nice one. Wonder if the theory that your 30 minute limit will reset upon re-download will bear fruit.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo of the original RE2 on PC too many times when I was a kid (before I actually got the game).

Can't wait to try this one out.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Love that it's one shot.

Will obviously be able to actually play it three times because it's on three platforms.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
And they called me crazy for saying it's multiplat.

HAH

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So I don't know much about Capcom demos but will this demo be a chunk of the full game or a area with enemies specific for the demo?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a dumb gimmick. What's stopping me from playing it on multiple PSN accounts?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I told myself I was going to wait but NOPE.

Hopefully we can select difficulty, I'd like to prepare myself for the hardest diff on launch.

EDIT: Oh...I missed the part where we can only do it once....hmmmmmmmm.....there's assuredly going to be a workaround on PC.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Is the demo coming down after this weekend? Unfortunately I'll be out of town, but I'd like to compare to see if my PC can run it better than PS4 pro

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Nice news!
Don't know if I should play it though since I've tried to watch gameplay as less as possible and it's only a few days until release date.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me that doesn't mean we can only play it once...
Sounds like you can only play it once, the demo also requires always online DRM, so I think they're doing some tracking with this to try and advert people who try to cheat the system.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Having only one chance to play a demo is kind of weird. But oh well at least it releases in a couple of weeks.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I played the shit out of the RE2 PS1 demo as a kid in anticipation for the original's release. Can't wait to play this, too.

Can you only play it once, or does it just mean death = restart?

as if anyone really believed in the exclusivity
There definitely were a few people concerned about it for whatever reason.

Didn't expect PC too though, that's neat.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to waste the bandwidth for a 30 minute demo, especially not when I have to download the full honking game a scant two weeks later.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, not playing it. While I had immense fun played the time demo for the original game I don't have to wait long for the new game to be released.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Remember when Nintendo used to get shit for only letting you play 3DS demos 30 times?

Status
Not open for further replies.