• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
ok this is my experience:

gtx 1070 stock
i5 8600k stock
16 gb ddr4 3200
ssd

the game run almost flawlessly at 4k30 frame with everything on ultra except:

shadow on high
no AA
texture high 4gb
shadowcache off
volumetric light normal
no dof\blur\aberration
v-sync on
dx11

no bug but the black level are fucked up like other people say, even on space color 709.
the graphics are good but not great like i was expecting from the trailer, it's probably a very old build.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I was talking about the process I described to reset the timer without using a trainer. I don't trust random executables from China.
I haven't tried using Cheat Engine to see if it's possible to freeze the timer with that.
Yeah sorry I went back and reread your post after. That said it's perfectly fine if you don't especially if you're oblivious to the scene.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is a FOV slider hidden in the settings that I just found. It doesn't do much, but it's something.

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
Could anyone please PM me the trainer and explain to me how it works ? I would love to play the demo without the time limit.
Thanks for your help !

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I remember is my shadows/lighting was weird when I played. In the starting area, there was a glow like light affect around the office chairs and around Leon himself when near the statue. I imagine a settings change can fix this.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Huh, this is really weird. The brightness is completely fucked for me. It's like it's trying to use HDR or something, even though my monitor doesn't support it.

This is the first time I've ever seen this issue with a game. It had the brightness calibration, I ignored it like I always do, then when the game booted up it was looking way, way too dark. I go in and adjust the brightness and suddenly.... I can't see anything at all. No amount of tweaks would fix the problem. I'm on an Acer G-sync 1440p monitor (I think the HBX1U or something like that, probably not the actual correct model number) I've never ever seen a problem like this. What the fuck?!

Edit: Holy shit, I just tried the demo again, the more I move, the darker the screen gets... this is weird as well, is anyone else having this problem?

Yes. I was having this exact problem. It gets progressively darker until the screen is pretty much black. I updated the drivers. That seemed to do the trick.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow setting it to rec 709 makes a huge difference.
I honestly got a bit bored with the demo yesterday because everything was bright / washed out, now it looks like a proper re game and it's not too dark either... (my nvidia color settings are set to RGB full FWIW)

I was talking about the process I described to reset the timer without using a trainer. I don't trust random executables from China.
I haven't tried using Cheat Engine to see if it's possible to freeze the timer with that.

3dm however are not random, they have a rather good reputation (and as far I can tell strict rules too)

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any clues about why this game has so many "High" texture settings? (1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB, 4 GB, 6 GB, 8 GB).

They don't seem to be present in the demo (at least the very high ones). It's a 7.6GB demo build, those 6GB and 8GB "files" not being there so that they don't inflate the size of for everybody makes sense to me. Yes, you can compress those high end(ish) textures, but it's still a rather small demo...
In general higher texture resolutions exist to allow for sharper/better image quality across surfaces for people with "high" end GPUs and a lot of available VRAM. They are sometimes worthwhile and sometimes rather trivial. We have to wait for the full release to see if they are really there and if they make a difference.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
By the way, that's how it looks the game at the most possible minimum graphics settings, just for the laughs:

961440_20190112002423prd34.png

961440_201901120025201rcfw.png

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
By the way, that's how it looks the game at the most possible minimum graphics settings, just for the laughs:

looks just like ps1

vega 64 dx12 vs dx11

dx12 is slower by quite a bit on AMD as well. DXR being tied to dx12 is quite unfortunate as youre paying an additional performance hit on top of the extra rendering demands. lets assume the penalty here is the same as it is for AMD, thats 25~% performance hit just for using dx12. in BFV its 20%.

Last edited:
I'm getting what seems to be a stable 4k/60 on my 2070. All I did was use SSAO instead of HBAO+, lower volumetric lighting to medium, and shadows to high. I'm using the 6gb high texture setting and left shadow cache on (not really sure what it does). Everything else is maxed out except I turned off motion blur and CA.

I'm quite happy considering I literally just received my 2070 this morning.
Saving this for checking once at home.
Good to hear!

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
STOP. Just noticed my gibberish. It's the other way around: I'm loosing FPS when going from DX11 to DX 12.
DX12 has worse performance (on my nvidia based card, at least).
Oh wait, I actually have read it the other way around, your corrected way. Guess my brain and experience with DX12 automatically fixed that for me, haha. Anyways, 60fps playing on DX11 with 140% image quality/render resolution (of 1080p), with everything maxed except for texture quality (I think I use this high/2GB setting) and volumetric on medium.

Fullscreen mode gives a few fps more opposed to (borderless) windowed mode.

STOP. Just noticed my gibberish. It's the other way around: I'm loosing FPS when going from DX11 to DX 12.
DX12 has worse performance (on my nvidia based card, at least).
Oh wait, I actually have read it the other way around, your corrected way. Guess my brain and experience with DX12 automatically fixed that for me, haha. Anyways, 60fps playing on DX11 with 140% image quality/render resolution (of 1080p), with everything maxed except for texture quality (I think I use this high/2GB setting) and volumetric on medium.

Fullscreen mode gives a few fps more opposed to (borderless) windowed mode

This is actually pretty awesome, for the classic retro feeling!

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here are my settings btw

Ryzen 3 2200G GTX 1060 6GB 8GB RAM 3000mhz, installed on Seagate BarraCuda 1TB

Graphics :

API DX11
Full Screen
1920x1080
Rendering normal
IQ 100%
60Hz
Framerate variable
Vsync On
Anti-aliasing FXAA+TAA
Texture quality High (1GB)
Texture filter High (ANISO x4)
Mesh quality High
Shadow quality Medium
Shadow cache On
Contact shadows On
Screen space reflections On
Subsurface scattering On
Volumetric lighting Low
Particle lighting quality High
Ambient occlusion SSAO (set areas only)
Bloom On
Lens flare On
Motion blur On
Depth of field On
Lens distortion On
Film noise On

Graphic memory 2.79GB/5.91GB

Audio :

Dynamic range Small
Output 7.1 surround sound
Real-time Binaural On

Display :

Display Rec. 709

Runs stable at 60FPS, only at the first shutter in the main hall it drops a little (~58FPS)

Last edited:

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Depth of field is glitched out in some places but I'm having a smooth experience with a 980ti, i7 5820k, 16gb ram, everything maxed except textures at 5gb vram at 1440p with gsync. Will try in HDR on my TV later to see how much it improves the colors.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does the borderless window mode not vsync automatically like it should?
I really do have a lot of problems with borderless in general.

inspectah

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
At 4k/60/HDR on a 1080ti, even with lowered lighting/shadows etc, I always get dips because of the SSR and even heavier dips during cutscenes.

I got a locked 60fps throughout the whole demo with these settings:
- DX11
- 3840x2160/60Hz/HDR
- 90% resolutionscale
- everything on/max, except:
- AA = TXAA+FXAA
- AO = SSAO
- volumetric lighting = medium.

Resolution with 90% scale should be 3456x1944, VRAM usage was around 6-7GB.
FPS and Frametimes completely flat.

(looks washed out because of the bad HDR->SDR conversion screenshot utility)

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the VRAM stat. My GPU has 8 GB VRAM, but I get the same smooth framerate as when I use 12,8 GB VRAM as I do when I use 7,88 VRAM.

Playing 1080p.

Edit: Tested again. I have lense distortion and film whatever it's called off and image quality or whaetever it's called at 150%, the rest is on and maxed (8 GB texture). Only thing that makes the FPS go down from 60 is when increasing the image quality form 150% to 200%, FPS drops to 44.

Last edited:

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
I tested the game with all the settings to the max and while 30 FPS where achievable in general, there were some heavy parts like the first dark hallway when you go to the cop. Flashlight + water reflections caused 20 FPS in that part. In the Main Hall it was 28-30 FPS.

My rig is a GTX 1070, 16 GB RAM DDR4 3000 Mhz and a Ryzen 5 1600.

Game looks very good despite there are some "dirty" textures like the blood on the floor in the first dark hallway. Looked very low resolution.

And despite I worked my computer's ass, temperatures were reasonable. With some games my CPU is at 70ºC or more, and with this demo didn't exceed 63ºC. It may be the cold, or maybe it has a good CPU management. Or both.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Disappointed by the sound design, especially the way the guns sound. I was playing SOMA on my surround system before I booted this, and it just sounded so incredibly massive and immersive in comparison to RE.

That plus the weird greyed blacks.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's often normal too :)
Avoid it whenever I can...

Also I read you're supposed to turn off full screen optimization in Windows but this never improved anything for me either.

Full-screen or exclusive full-screen generally offers the best performance for games in my experience.

Disappointed by the sound design, especially the way the guns sound. I was playing SOMA on my surround system before I booted this, and it just sounded so incredibly massive and immersive in comparison to RE.

That plus the weird greyed blacks.
Did you set display color to rec 709?

That got rid of any "greys" for me completely.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Man, after all the hype about RE Engine, this game doesn't look too hot. Brightness settings are completely borked and always something looks off no matter how many times tried to change them on PS4 and PC versions. Is the demo old build?

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I had a 1050TI until recently in my pc it's a good card for what it is but I honestly wouldn't expect it to run this game well, I would set everything to low or off and then go from there tbh, or try at 900p/720p.

Also I don't know why it shows 0GB for some, that seems to be a bug?

Ah I thought it would at least run the game better than my ps4 :/

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, after all the hype about RE Engine, this game doesn't look too hot. Brightness settings are completely borked and always something looks off no matter how many times tried to change them on PS4 and PC versions. Is the demo old build?
It looks great!

Set display color to rec 709

Don't change anything else, calibrate your monitor / TV.

Honestly the lighting does look shit on the default settings, but rec 709 makes it look like a proper Resident Evil game and the effects / textures / lighting are stunning! (on my 1060 at least)

Ah I thought it would at least run the game better than my ps4 :/
They're probably cutting a lot of corners on PS4 to get it running honestly. Try lower resolution that's the easiest way probably and it'll still look good, just a little less sharp, which the game isn't anyways with all those blur and dof effects - which work well for this kind of game though, mind you.

Last edited:

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
It looks great!

Set display color to rec 709

Don't change anything else, calibrate your monitor / TV.

Honestly the lighting does look shit on the default settings, but rec 709 makes it look like a proper Resident Evil game and the effects / textures / lighting are stunning! (on my 1060 at least)

For me rec 709 was borked the game randomly gets very dark and very bright in a matter of seconds in the same location. It was obviously not working correctly for me.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
They're probably cutting a lot of corners on PS4 to get it running honestly. Try lower resolution that's the easiest way probably and it'll still look good, just a little less sharp, which the game isn't anyways with all those blur and dof effects - which work well for this kind of game though, mind you.

Will do, thanks. Got 2.5 minutes left to test settings on a new game lol

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me rec 709 was borked the game randomly gets very dark and very bright in a matter of seconds in the same location. It was obviously not working correctly for me.
Ah, I see that's a bummer.
What card are you using and what's your settings for colors? I noticed the Windows default settings are messed up for a lot of games.
Mine are set to RGB full in nvidia control settings.
PS: also I'm on latest nvidia drivers, maybe that does something too

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I see that's a bummer.
What card are you using and what's your settings for colors? I noticed the Windows default settings are messed up for a lot of games.
Mine are set to RGB full in nvidia control settings.

1070Ti for games I use a 4K tv I think I had it set at YCBCR maybe I will try with RGB later and see if it will work correctly.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I had really inconsistent blacks on my LG B6 with the demo.

The parts in the main hall were perfect with deep blacks, but as soon as I went under the roller shutter and into the corridor, everything went grey. Not sure what's going on, but seems to be a game issue. Hope it's resolved for the full release.

Erebus

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Europe
Why is my graphics memory limit at 1.9GB? I have a GTX 1060 6GB. Is it a bug? Should I upgrade my nVidia drivers?

DoLLo73

May 15, 2018
For me it was simply perfect.
3440x1440p almost maxed out in DX12 with 2600X, 1080Ti, 16GB. No stuttering, no framepacing problem, no crash and 60fps locked with splendid result.
Happy day one after that.