• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akibared

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So i manage to make it run smoothly and without (major) stutter. I actually had to.. increase detail and resolution. So wild, i have a i5 7600k and 1080, at 1440p with lower settings cpu goes to 100% and stutters every 10 seconds or so. By stressing the gpu more i get more utilization and the stutter stops almost completely. Is this normal or is my cpu shitting the bed?

I have a 1070 but the same CPU and same results on my end.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The half-fps animations for npcs thing seems to be more noticeable in games recently. Hitman 2's pre-release footage also had it, though the final game fixed it up, at least on PC. Wonder if the final build of RE2 also sorts that out.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me, or is impossible to tell the visual difference between Volumetric lighting medium and high settings?
Medium gives me like 10+fps.

Medium gave me a significant boost on a 2080 and I couldn't tell the difference much. High seems like it's not worth it for the performance hit and I *think* the digital foundry overview said basically the same thing

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
How do I launch a game in directx 11 instead of 12? Sorry if it's a dumb question I'm more of a console guy but I want the best possible graphics here

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
How do I launch a game in directx 11 instead of 12? Sorry if it's a dumb question I'm more of a console guy but I want the best possible graphics here

Just change it in the settings?

I can't remember if the demo has a launcher (a menu/screen you see before the game boots) but at worst you'll just pick DX11 and have to quickly restart.

Oct 25, 2017
I cant find a definitive reply-any way to get rid of those terrible "sparkling" reflections? Same shit happens in Re7 im guessing its an engine issue.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
What audio codec do we need for the RE2 Demo? I'm on LTSB Windows 1809 so audio is all fucked up through my sound card unless I pass audio over my NV GPU.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Man do I hope that they add an option to turn that off. I hate when games do that, it looks awful (to me).

Same. I didn't notice it in the demo but it feels hardly necessary in a game that probably won't have any vistas so great it requires memory optimization to that fine a degree.

I don't know though. Maybe it's the sort of thing someone could make a tweak or mod for.

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Is your audio delayed or distorted? I'm getting some really bady audio lag, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Nope. It's just that the sound card won't down mix properly. Sending digital audio over my NV GPU and feeding it into my headphones via the monitors stereo output works great, but I wondering how to get my sound card to work.

Edit: Turning on Windows Sonic in sound options fixed it.

Last edited:

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Finally got around to playing through this and I was pretty impressed.

My specs:
GTX 1080
i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM
2560x1440 144Hz G-sync monitor
Game installed to a 7200RPM HDD

I had everything maxed out (except for render scale which I left at 100%) and the game ran really well for me. I left the FPS counter on but I kinda forgot to look at it because I got pretty into the game. There were a couple of noticeable hitches when I approached the roller door and the game dropped to around 45 FPS when those two zombies came around the corner in the flooded hallway. Apart from that stuff it was totally smooth and felt really good.

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
The game runs like butter set to 100hz on my 2080 ti, 1440p, everything set to max, and 120% res scale. Just ignore the vram warnings.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
Hey everyone, I was getting up to 121fps in the first area with a i5 4690k and RTX 2070. Switched my 4690k with a 4790k and am getting 80-90fps in that same area...WTF!

Other games I tested had huge jumps, Gears 4 benchmark went from the low 90s to 120s so I have not clue what the deal is here with Resident Evil 2..

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, I was getting up to 121fps in the first area with a i5 4690k and RTX 2070. Switched my 4690k with a 4790k and am getting 80-90fps in that same area...WTF!

Other games I tested had huge jumps, Gears 4 benchmark went from the low 90s to 120s so I have not clue what the deal is here with Resident Evil 2..

Did you switch from DX11 to DX12 by accident?

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Major selected publication in North America and in Europe have received the review copies and some sources say that reviews of Resident Evil 2: Remake should be out on Tuesday 8:00AM Pacific Time – January 22.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't tried the demo and won't have time for quite a while, but in case anyone has similar specs to me I'd be curious to know how the game runs on the following: i5 4690, GTX 970, 8gb DDR3 RAM. I'd be playing at 1080p, for what it's worth.

I wonder if it would be improved on an Xbox One X (higher resolution obviously, but my TV is still 1080p). If the trade-off between the two would be small, I'll go with PC for future-proofing of course (probably do that anyway).

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any indication when keys are being sent out? Pre-ordered on Voidu a while back, still waiting for it.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't tried the demo and won't have time for quite a while, but in case anyone has similar specs to me I'd be curious to know how the game runs on the following: i5 4690, GTX 970, 8gb DDR3 RAM. I'd be playing at 1080p, for what it's worth.

I wonder if it would be improved on an Xbox One X (higher resolution obviously, but my TV is still 1080p). If the trade-off between the two would be small, I'll go with PC for future-proofing of course (probably do that anyway).
Go with PC then.

burn

Oct 27, 2017

I have a similar setup (4670K OC to 4.2, 970 Gaming G1 and 32Gb RAM) and got 1080p@60fps most of the time, with everything on high but volumetric lighting on medium.
I want to compare the graphics with my X and PRO, but but haven't bothered to reset the timer yet. I will probably go PC too.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game will look amazing with a reshade sharpening filter to compliment the TAA.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Fixed my HDR problem, I had to physically disconnect my second monitor, having it disabled wasn't enough. Odd but whatevs now I can get HDR working. Got my code from GMG so time to preload woo!

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I really want the uncensored (jp) version of this game, but I guess there is no way for me to get around the censorship is there?

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Thanks JaseC thats the one I'm going to get, however it will probably still be cencored like the way RE7 CERO Z ver. was

Ah, right. If you have PayPal, I can send you a gift copy of the international version.

Late edit: Alternatively, you can pick up a key from CD Keys or wherever and activate it with a VPN (you'll be able to play the game without the VPN).

Last edited:

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Dunno what I'm doing wrong but the PS4 pro version is pretty much mopping the floor with my GTX970, unless I play in 1080p only
late reply, but the 970 isn't a good card for beyond 1080p due to it's limited VRAM, 3.5GB's & all, it was a Console killer in 2014 & so good for it's price, but yeah you had to spend that extra to get the 980 for 1440p/4K, sneaky ol Nvidia.
You might have to sacrifice texture resolution for beyond 1080p.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Forgive my ignorance but has it always been this common for Japanese versions of games to be censored? I remember back in the 90s, it was more common for the western versions of Japanese games to censor out things like blood and guts where they would still be present in the Japanese version. (I think Final Fantasy 8 had a few scenes like this.) What changed?

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
If you pre-purchased the game on GMG, they sent my Deluxe key like three hours ago. I have it already activated on Steam but I won't be able to pre-load it until tomorrow afternoon because i'm outside on holiday.
Is it not possible to do this via the Steam app on your phone? I typically don't pre-order games, so I don't know whether that option works for pre-loading them.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Is it not possible to do this via the Steam app on your phone? I typically don't pre-order games, so I don't know whether that option works for pre-loading them.

Only if your computer is turned on and Steam is running with your account. In that way you can manage your library from your phone (game downloads)

I have no rush anyway. My home has 100 mbits optic fiber.

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
I'm getting stuttering even in the menus for some reason. I've got a gtx 1060, Core i5-6500, 16gb ram, windows 8.1 on DX11. It can reach 60-90 fps, but there's always a random 10 frame dip that randomly shows up when I turn corners or go up stairs or anywhere. Doesn't go away even when I set all the settings to low and cap at 60fps. No other games I've played experience this so I'm really stumped.

Maybe I should upgrade to Windows 10 and test out DX12? It's just so weird.