• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoLLo73

May 15, 2018
I had really inconsistent blacks on my LG B6 with the demo.

The parts in the main hall were perfect with deep blacks, but as soon as I went under the roller shutter and into the corridor, everything went grey. Not sure what's going on, but seems to be a game issue. Hope it's resolved for the full release.

Change color space from the option menu'.

GrazGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I7 6700K, 16GB RAM and TITAN Xp

Image Quality 90%
Rendering Normal
FXAA+TAA
Texture 4GB
Mesh High
Shadow Max
VLQ Medium
Particle high
SSAO
Everything else On

Held 60 through the whole demo apart from a few drops when loading.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I don't know what's up then. Because my computers other specs are way better than that, but I could only get an unsteady 60fps when I went to 900p with low/medium settings. But he had his card's full VRAM showing up, whereas mine said .13gb.

Make sure the game is not using your integrated graphics.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Those arctifacts around the chairs, Leon and his pistol, on which it's most noticeable
Yea I see.
That's just poor SSR implementation. It's usual for reflections around an object to disappear because the object itself is obstructing the screen space but here it seems like it takes up a rather large area and the shape of that area is uneven rather than just the silhouette of the object.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Yea I see.
That's just poor SSR implementation. It's usual for reflections around an object to disappear because the object itself is obstructing the screen space but here it seems like it takes up a rather large area and the shape of that area is uneven rather than just the silhouette of the object.

So that means that's the way it should look?

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome thanks. I'll stick with the PC version after all and assume I can make it run like that guy in the YouTube video.
You could always use the trainer to reset the timer to test this.
There's a thread on the Steam boards for it, assuming it's still up.
But yeah sounds like you were running on integrated maybe? :o

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The VRAM stat thing must be borked for me. How the hell can I get 60 FPS (1080p monitor) on a 8 GB VRAM card with using nearly 13 GB VRAM according to the VRAM stat. Everything is maximised except for film and lense option (don't want those). Only turning Image Quality from 150% to 200% reduces the FPS to 44.

I don't get it.

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
is the AA fucked? SMAA looks weird(I think it highlights some of the reflections/lighting) and still has plenty of jaggies and TAA+FXAA looks blurry as hell

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I see.. well thank god, becasue right now it looks terrible

That doesn't mean Capcom is going to fix it. To do it better you would need a good cube map solution to fall back on when the SSR fails, and it doesn't seem like they're using one. RTX might fix this. Since it's just a flat plane they could also use an old school Planar reflection (HL2-style) but that does cause the entire scene to be rendered twice... might be too expensive even compared to RTX.

Cube maps would be relatively cheap, but consume more VRAM and developer time to implement throughout the maps.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
What is everyone using SRGB or REC? I have my PC hooked up to my 4kTV and use full RGB (not limited ) but from my knowledge isn't REC limited range and SRGB full? If that's the case why does SRGB look washed out in comparison to REC?

Last edited:

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Also, in regards to the VRAM being borked in the menu, it definitely is, I am on a 1080ti and using the top setting at 4K it shows in the menu way higher usage than what I am getting in reality.

I think it might be because capcom haven't implemented the higher textures in the demo and the menu is just showing what usage would be like at that setting when the full game is out.

Either that or it's just borked lol.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So for the PC version I beat it first try. If I wanted to play it more what are my options ?

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Do the loading stutters not exist in the console versions? I got them fairly frequently on this.

Luke76bg

Oct 29, 2017
Any graphical differences between DX11 and DX12? The dip in permormance is so big I almost doubt it's just bad optimisation.

On my 7950 the demo runs better in dx12 than dx11, in both Api when i enabled the menu, the gpu skyrocket to 99% and lower the usage after some seconds, but it's way faster on dx12, there are less lags and stutters too in dx12 than dx11. Very strange!

H4wkeye

Jan 11, 2019
Europe
Did anyone figure out what's with all the High texture settings? I failed to notice any difference between High 1GB and High 8GB.

Also can confirm DX11 runs better on DX12 using an AMD RX 580 8GB. DX12 has drops to 53-55 FPS in some occasions while DX11 doesn't drop that low at all.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is everyone using SRGB or BT? I have my PC hooked up to my 4kTV and use full RGB (not limited ) but from my knowledge isn't BT limited range and SRGB full? If that's the case why does SRGB look washed out in comparison to BT?
My PC is set to RGB FULL, but I set it to rec. 709 in this demo and that got rid of any washed out colors, maybe they just made a mistake naming that setting.

No idea what BT is though.

RPanda

Feb 21, 2018
FWIW I have Ryzen 3 2200G (igpu turned off) and a GTX 1060 6G and the recommended setting was a mix of high / medium settings and it showed 5.91GB Vram for me.
Also ran totally stable 60fps for me, it dipped once randomly to ~55fps for a second though.

The recommended settings took 1.75gb vram.The settings in the screenshot is when I changed everything to mostly high(also got stable 60fps)

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh I didn't know that was a thing I had to do.
No, sorry, I meant not to turn it off!

I read a couple of comments from people turning this off would result in stutters.

You should probably just play at recommend settings, but if that doesn't work without issues I don't know either what could cause this.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Just ran through it, around 100fps on max preset @ 1080p, 144fps locked with SSR turned off. Smooth as, no stuttering. i7 4770/16GB RAM/GTX 1080/ SSD. Happy with that, looking forward to release.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking the texture settings are the quality and then the total cache size, so with too high of settings and too low of a cache you might see more texture streaming issues.

Just a guess based on how they're labeled.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to do this? I tried disabling it in my device manager but it made my monitor look all strange and the game only ran at like 1fps.
I had the same exact thing, and the same exact thing happened when I disabled it.

In the end, I just started the game, put the settings up to where they should be (used over 5GB vram) and started the game. Turns out it used my nvidia GPU regardless of the 0.13GB nonsense.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping the final build is better than this. The SSR are the worst I've seen and the TAA seems too aggressive, it destroys a ton of specular detail and has instances of ghosting.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The best alternative for me was 110% + SMAA. Not much perf impact but almost all the shimmering is gone.

Game looks great on ultrawide.

SourKiwi

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2018
So i manage to make it run smoothly and without (major) stutter. I actually had to.. increase detail and resolution. So wild, i have a i5 7600k and 1080, at 1440p with lower settings cpu goes to 100% and stutters every 10 seconds or so. By stressing the gpu more i get more utilization and the stutter stops almost completely. Is this normal or is my cpu shitting the bed?

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
I do have a feeling that their async compute has problems. Sometimes last year one of the nvidia drivers broke Gears of War and to this day the game suffers from absurd amount of crashes leading to hard reboot of the PC but only if you have async compute setting turned on. If you turn it off then no crashes. So disappointing!
Gears have been fixed a few months ago.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I loaded this up and let it ride with "auto" settings and I was struggling in the framerate department. Gsync helped but when I game is running in the 30's it still looks slow even with tearing removed. So I popped into options quickly and just knocked resolution down to the point I could set textures to 4gb without getting a warning and put the framerate cap at 60 instead of variable and well... 2560X1440 at 60 fps was achieved with no slowdown or hitching. Game looks pretty good I have to say.

Specs - 6700k @4.0ghz ( I had it overclocked to 4.4 for a bit but then it didn't boot once so I haven't turned it up again) , 32 GB DDR4 ram, GTX 1070 8GB SLI(X2), SSD hard drive running with windows 10 of course.

Not sure if there's really much of an SLI profile with whatever driver I'm using so it may have just been running on one 1070. Either way, it looked pretty solid. Might give the PS4 demo a whirl to compare , RE2 feels like a game I'd rather play on my 55" tv with 7.1 surround to be honest and it sounds like the PRO can run this game quite nicely.