Resident Evil 2 (2019) PC performance thread

Jeff Stephen

Apr 1, 2018
Is there a way to remove the vignette effect without the use of mods? I don't wanna raise any flags with this game or my account.

NarohDethan

Oct 27, 2017
I had some stuttering when transitioning from one room to another but lowering the textures to High (1gb) seems to have corrected it.

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
It is pretty VRAM intensive, you will probably need low to medium textures on a 970, it only has 3.5 GB of video memory.
Actually, oddly, on my 970 I get the least amount of shutters when completely filling VRAM. It seems thought that this game needs at least 6 thread CPU and really fast SSD to fully eliminate shuttering.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
I have a 1440p monitor and the in game settings allowed me to run it at 4k. For some reason the 4k setting has disappeared and I can only select 1440p.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Actually, oddly, on my 970 I get the least amount of shutters when completely filling VRAM. It seems thought that this game needs at least 6 thread CPU and really fast SSD to fully eliminate shuttering.
I’m afraid of getting DMCV on PC because of this. I have switched my 970 to a better AMD and had the same shutters so I don’t think it’s the graphics card. Also setting don’t do shit, lowering the quality sometimes makes stutters worst. And it’s something that got worse over time, when starting the demo or the game it ran perfect, hours later the stutters began.

It’s a mess, happened on RE7 too.

BriGuy

Oct 27, 2017
So, uh, RTX support is just kind of vaporware at this point, right? I naively thought we might get game-ready drivers at or close to launch, but here we are. I'll be well and truly done with the game by the time those see the light, assuming they ever do. Maybe RE3?

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
JaseC

Fix for NPC updating at 30 FPS at distance:
Code:
Open re2.exe with an hex editor such as HxD.
Go to offset 0x17B61A0.
Find E9 EB EA 39 0C CC CC CC CC CC CC.
Replace with 41 B8 00 00 00 00 E9 E5 EA 39 0C.
(from PC Gaming Wiki)

PS3/PS4 button layout mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil22019/mods/16?tab=files (needs FluffyQuack mod menager)
I recommend using this link when linking to my mod manager: http://fluffyquack.com/tools/modmanager.rar

kageroo

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues after the latest patch 1.04?

I've been playing this game daily since release... but now it kinda runs like shit, I just threw a grenade and framerate went down to 30 and regardless of that, there's framedrops everywhere, lighting is fucked up. It's just awful all around lol.

I've installed a backup of 1.03 and the issues were gone (duh) however I made a mistake I didn't remove all mods when I made this backup and now I'm permanently stuck with the Dino Crisis mod (thankfully only the outfit and not the weapon mod)

JaseC could you maybe help me find the depot ID on Steam for update version 1.03, I have no idea how to do that? I see there are 25 depots - but no update version numbers...

Last edited:

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
What's the current best way to remove vignetting from the game?

I played and finished RE2 during its first week using the hex edit "fix", but that introduced some lighting and shadow issues, mostly during the intro cutscene and the trees/bushes outside RPD (you could see it from the windows).

Is there a better alternative now? I want to get back into the game.

kageroo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid he's not around here any more...
Oh, well that's sad... I'm gonna miss the pc performance threads for sure... >.<

Thanks for telling me though.
Well the guys from Steam/pc era could help me out - it's rather simple really - I wouldn't have found it by myself either way (probably because the page isn't displaying correctly on my phone anyhow)

Well, here's hoping JaseC "comes back" at some point, one of the better posters around for sure :o