• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jeff Stephen

Apr 1, 2018
Is there a way to remove the vignette effect without the use of mods? I don't wanna raise any flags with this game or my account.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game runs over 30fps on my Ryzen 2400G...unbelievable lol

RE Engine is impressive stuff.

Last edited:

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
It is pretty VRAM intensive, you will probably need low to medium textures on a 970, it only has 3.5 GB of video memory.
Actually, oddly, on my 970 I get the least amount of shutters when completely filling VRAM. It seems thought that this game needs at least 6 thread CPU and really fast SSD to fully eliminate shuttering.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
I have a 1440p monitor and the in game settings allowed me to run it at 4k. For some reason the 4k setting has disappeared and I can only select 1440p.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Actually, oddly, on my 970 I get the least amount of shutters when completely filling VRAM. It seems thought that this game needs at least 6 thread CPU and really fast SSD to fully eliminate shuttering.

I'm afraid of getting DMCV on PC because of this. I have switched my 970 to a better AMD and had the same shutters so I don't think it's the graphics card. Also setting don't do shit, lowering the quality sometimes makes stutters worst. And it's something that got worse over time, when starting the demo or the game it ran perfect, hours later the stutters began.

It's a mess, happened on RE7 too.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, uh, RTX support is just kind of vaporware at this point, right? I naively thought we might get game-ready drivers at or close to launch, but here we are. I'll be well and truly done with the game by the time those see the light, assuming they ever do. Maybe RE3?

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
JaseC

Fix for NPC updating at 30 FPS at distance:
Code:
Open re2.exe with an hex editor such as HxD.
Go to offset 0x17B61A0.
Find E9 EB EA 39 0C CC CC CC CC CC CC.
Replace with 41 B8 00 00 00 00 E9 E5 EA 39 0C.
(from PC Gaming Wiki)

PS3/PS4 button layout mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil22019/mods/16?tab=files (needs FluffyQuack mod menager)
I recommend using this link when linking to my mod manager: http://fluffyquack.com/tools/modmanager.rar

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues after the latest patch 1.04?

I've been playing this game daily since release... but now it kinda runs like shit, I just threw a grenade and framerate went down to 30 and regardless of that, there's framedrops everywhere, lighting is fucked up. It's just awful all around lol.

I've installed a backup of 1.03 and the issues were gone (duh) however I made a mistake I didn't remove all mods when I made this backup and now I'm permanently stuck with the Dino Crisis mod (thankfully only the outfit and not the weapon mod)

JaseC could you maybe help me find the depot ID on Steam for update version 1.03, I have no idea how to do that? I see there are 25 depots - but no update version numbers...

Last edited:

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
What's the current best way to remove vignetting from the game?

I played and finished RE2 during its first week using the hex edit "fix", but that introduced some lighting and shadow issues, mostly during the intro cutscene and the trees/bushes outside RPD (you could see it from the windows).

Is there a better alternative now? I want to get back into the game.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid he's not around here any more...
Oh, well that's sad... I'm gonna miss the pc performance threads for sure... >.<

Thanks for telling me though.
Well the guys from Steam/pc era could help me out - it's rather simple really - I wouldn't have found it by myself either way (probably because the page isn't displaying correctly on my phone anyhow)

Well, here's hoping JaseC "comes back" at some point, one of the better posters around for sure :o

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Removed vignetting and film blur, changed distant animations to full speed. Using NVidia Freestyle for a bit of a contrast and sharpen boost. Game looks phenomenal and runs great.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Recently got an SSD and additional RAM for 16GB total. Also finally migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

The stuttering issues have been greatly alleviated, at least when testing the police station lobby. It still hiccups but it's acceptable. Still no excuse for the stuttering consider this game runs just fine on consoles.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
I get weird texture bugs in the lobby when leaving Screen Space Reflections on. Is there a fix for this? Turning them off for now I guess because it's not pretty lol

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I get weird texture bugs in the lobby when leaving Screen Space Reflections on. Is there a fix for this? Turning them off for now I guess because it's not pretty lol
Larger Screen Space reflections aren't that pretty in RE2 and it's normal they look "off". Rendering resolution/image quality option seem to affect them but there's no solution to make them beautiful, unfortunately.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
You're talking about that sort of grainy, flickering appearance? Yeah, that's just how they are. I knew about it from DF's videos before I even bought the game. The PC version looks better than the consoles, but it's just not a good SSR implementation, especially for really shiny surfaces like the floor in the lobby.

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
Hey guys, I'm still looking for the optimal AA solution. Nivdia CP forced FXAA is great, but I still get shimmering on object-edges. Using TAA (and NVCP FXAA off) definitley helps this, but also produces a slightly more blurry image, even with in-game sharpening on.

Dishonored 2 has a TAA slider. Is there anyway to reduce the blurriness that is caused by TAA without losing the amazing AA quality?

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Nvidia free style sharpening or AMD RIS sharpening will do the trick. Anyway, anyone know if there's a moded exe for the denuvo free update for 60fps animation for distance enemies yet?

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
If you already tried image sharpening I don't think there is, but I prefer a slightly (which it is) blurry image over shimmering and inferior AA any day. Especially outside in the rain anything but TAA looks awful in this game.

Oh, I'm for sure in the same lane as you are. TAA enabled produces a feeling like I'm actually playing an interactive movie. The possibility of reducing the blur is just the difference between might-as-well-be-god-tier and actually-god-tier.

Nvidia free style sharpening or AMD RIS sharpening will do the trick. Anyway, anyone know if there's a moded exe for the denuvo free update for 60fps animation for distance enemies yet?

Nvidia free style sharpening is new for me. But will it look fucked up if this Nvidia sharpening + in-game sharpening is enabled at the same time?

As for the 60 fps animation: I tried the Hex edits, but I can't find the Hex values that are listed on PCgamingwiki. Haven't tried anything else.

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I'm still looking for the optimal AA solution. Nivdia CP forced FXAA is great, but I still get shimmering on object-edges. Using TAA (and NVCP FXAA off) definitley helps this, but also produces a slightly more blurry image, even with in-game sharpening on.

Dishonored 2 has a TAA slider. Is there anyway to reduce the blurriness that is caused by TAA without losing the amazing AA quality?
Check out this guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1634491371

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a mod that's working with the current version of the game to remove the vignetting? I tried the one on nexusmods but the .exe doesn't work.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Have you tried the one in the OP? The WSGF thread it was posted in has been quiet since last July, but per that last post, it was still working at the time.

Omg yes I can finally see shit now. I was also trying the brightness adjustments and with the vignetting on everything just goes sooo dark. Thanks!

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I am getting a LOT of stuttering on my 2070S. I have the latest drivers. RE3 has no issues. What gives?

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
So, 3 years later I'm back to test my new GPU and Ray Tracing
but there is something wrong with Claire's hair
here
r2S1kIg.png

I "solved" the problem by changing to TAA (HDR enabled)
Its not perfect but it isn't as distracting as before. Does it have a mod or something with a better solution?
w1jl506.png

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
So, 3 years later I'm back to test my new GPU and Ray Tracing
but there is something wrong with Claire's hair
here
r2S1kIg.png

I "solved" the problem by changing to TAA (HDR enabled)
Its not perfect but it isn't as distracting as before. Does it have a mod or something with a better solution?
w1jl506.png
RE Engine is very reliant on TAA to compensate for heavy dithering on hair and fur. For whatever reason, their TAA is not as good on PC as consoles. At least that was the case for Village.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
JaseC

Fix for NPC updating at 30 FPS at distance:
Code:
Open re2.exe with an hex editor such as HxD.
Go to offset 0x17B61A0.
Find E9 EB EA 39 0C CC CC CC CC CC CC.
Replace with 41 B8 00 00 00 00 E9 E5 EA 39 0C.
(from PC Gaming Wiki)

PS3/PS4 button layout mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil22019/mods/16?tab=files (needs FluffyQuack mod menager)

Super mad that Capcom didn't even bother to change what seems like one line of code in the next gen console version. What a low effort change that would have gone a long way. It seems like they don't play their own games sometimes to me.

Last edited: