• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Apologies - full of cold/flu and misread the question.

RE2 has slightly more distinct campaigns due to the more direct interactions with the characters you meet. REmake's and the original games character interactions are usually pretty fleeting or one note. RE2 has you being with other characters for more prolonged periods of time.

In general the A-Z route is roughly the same in terms of major encounters - outside of the characters you meet.

In the original game Leon met 2 unique characters as does Claire.

Thanks, in that case I'll definitely play as both Claire and Leon. You're also right about the interactions in REmake, they're short and barely of great importance to the gameplay.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
It's stylized that way, was done on purpose – soft, pastel, moody colors.
You`re right about the soft look. However, there`s definitely something wrong with the contrast level in the demo. Reminds me of RE7 with the sRGB setting enabled: washed out colours and greys instead of blacks while the bt.709-option showed "darker" blacks and better looking colours...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNNdcZOveY0

My guess is: the demo runs in that sRGB-mode and Capcom is going to fix this or they let you choose between those settings in the final release.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brilliant demo! I am so hyped for this game. Tons of memories came flooding back as I played.

The 1998 GOTY is BACK baby!

Jan 9, 2018
Just finished demo
Game plays great
Graphically impressive
Environment feels right
Colors are kinda too bright for my taste
Guns felt good and feedback felt good
Story feels more fleshed out.
I want to play more for sure

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded the demo from the PS4 NZ store but I played with my MX main account. Can I play with the NZ account and connecting to the RE.NET? I worry it can flag something negative to my main account lol

Dec 9, 2017
A lot of drawn out cutscenes. Don't take away the control of Leon and have him slowly crawl under something and look around the room, just let him crawl trhough and give me control and let me look around the room. It's a lot scarier when it's actually you doing stuff and not just a cutscene. When are devs going to realize that less is more when it comes to stuff like cutscenes? Just get to the point and let me play!
You know you can skip cutscenes right?
...and I'm not sure what you mean by "drawn out"...
There aren't any forced walking & talking sections like in typical AAA western games (God Of War, Last Of Us, etc)
Capcom gives you control almost 100% of the time.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Just finished the demo this morning. If only RE4, 5, and 6 had this smooth gameplay. Controls are perfect; it feels Leon has some weight and is not floating over the ground but controls are also precise. Graphics are gorgeous and atmospheric, binaural audio needs to be in every game (it's brilliant with headphones). It has this Resident Evil-esque backtracking and inventory management (well, not so in the demo, just yet). Gun feedback is cool, German voice acting is surprisingly good and in these small sequences at least exceptional. Yep, demo proved me right in RE2 being one of the very few, justified examples of pre-ordering (for PC, at my local retailer). I also never played RE2 back then more than an hour, so I'm really excited, for this is not just a (improved) revisit for me but a brand new game, story and characters.
Black levels are fucked up in SDR too. Probably just a demo bug.
Not on my end. Nothing's crushed or too bright. Maybe in-game settings (and its possibilities) don't line up with certain TV models, which would be rather strange.
Can someone please answer my question? I'm currently playing REmake and I chose Jill. I found on the internet that the campaigns of Jill and Chris are almost the same so I'll probaly only be finishing the game as Jill. This game also lets you choose between two characters, but it says thay the campaigns are different. Are they entirely different?
Some puzzles are bit different and/or need you to solve them in a different order opposed to Jill's campaign.
...and I'm not sure what you mean by "drawn out"...
Some people don't like cutscenes (at all) because they take away controls and this breaks immersion for them; that's probably what he meant by drawn out – you play 90% of the time, doing all the right calls etc. but your character (chose to) fuck up in a cutscene or is particularly slow you wouldn't be if you had the controls.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The game itself is fantastic, as expected, but I feel like something is wrong with my calibrations on my TV or something. It's never truly black....and I'm on an OLED. I tried turning off HDR halfway through the demo but that didn't seem to change anything (although maybe the Xbox version requires a reboot to get better results).

Also does anyone have the code for the West Office safe?

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Based on the demo, is ammo plentiful enough that this will be the type of RE like those since RE4 where we will have enough ammo to kill everything we see, or will there be times we need to just evade zombies and leave them behind to dodge again later on return trips?

I just blasted through 4, 5, 6, and Revelations, where I left pretty much no enemy standing, so I really hope I can keep that up with this one.

Dec 9, 2017
Just finished the demo. I thought the devs wanted the zombies to feel like a threat and for it to not be an action game?

It's fun and all but this is 100% an action game based on the demo. Hell the tried and true RE4 strategy of down with headshot > knife while on the ground still works.
I think Capcom loaded you with bullets & lowered the difficulty so anyone with at least half a brain can complete the demo....Nothing turns a casual gamer off more, than a difficult game in 2019.

RE2 Remake is NOT an action game like RE6, or RE5.
Leons abilities are extremely limited.
No 360-no scopes, no sliding across the floor while shooting, no round-house kicks, & no punching boulders.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I think Capcom loaded you with bullets & lowered the difficulty so anyone with at least half a brain can complete the demo....Nothing turns a casual gamer off more, than a difficult game in 2019.

RE2 Remake is NOT an action game like RE6, or RE5.
Leons abilities are extremely limited.
No 360-no scopes, no sliding across the floor while shooting, no round-house kicks, & no punching boulders.

Tell me about it, my man cant even run without panting like a maniac.