• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
the weapon sounds has always sounded weak.

remember modding the PC version of RE4 to make the shotgun sound heavier and the pistol.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
An earlier preview said that zombies stay in the state you leave them in, so if it seems like they're taking a lot of bullets to die, simply shoot off their knees, which effectively neuters them. Makes running by them a lot easier and hell they might just end up becoming obstacles to slow down Mr. X later.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is it 1 demo per system or 1 demo per regional account on the same ps4? i have US and New Zealand accounts.

StevePharma

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
lol why it would be 40$?

It's a new AAA game so of course 60$.

I'm guessing MSRP is 60 $ / € but most suppliers here (Benelux) offer the game sub €45,-

Really liked the demo (PSPro). Coming off of DMC5 on the One X I have faith that Capcom has their shit together engine wise. Gonna check out PC later, sad there won't be 21:9 support(?)

Only gripe I had was that the shotgun lacked oomph.

Dec 9, 2017
Some people don't like cutscenes (at all) because they take away controls and this breaks immersion for them; that's probably what he meant by drawn out – you play 90% of the time, doing all the right calls etc. but your character (chose to) fuck up in a cutscene or is particularly slow you wouldn't be if you had the controls.
Are you serious???
The original game had cutscenes though! What was Capcom supposed to do? get rid of all the cutscenes?? omg -_-
...some people are just weird.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Does the demo spoil much of the game? I have it pre-ordered but haven't watched any trailers so far.

Wondering if I should play it or wait for the full version

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Just tried this demo, why no one told me it is a horror game 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Time to elaborate this post.

Okay, so i was playing headset on. Oh darling it went creepy from 0 to 100 so fast.. so fast it seems my heart rate dropped to -1

There is nothing wrong with my brightness setting because i dont have hdr, but it is dark as hell. When i entered a dark corridor, it felt like i was playing a different game

The white noise reminds me of PT (not portable toilet). The crackling sound in the background sometimes startled me, made me wonder if i was alone in the room or not. The more i went deeper, the more i imagined sounds. It's literaly pscyho break

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's a remake though. I loved RE2 decades ago but how well has the gameplay stood the test of time?

You .. do realize this doesn't play anything like the original right ?

It's a brand new engine, it's a brand new combat system, it's a drastic overhaul of content from the original .. even the developers shy from calling it a simple remake, they call it a new entry in the franchise based on the work put in it.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
You know you can skip cutscenes right?
...and I'm not sure what you mean by "drawn out"...
There aren't any forced walking & talking sections like in typical AAA western games (God Of War, Last Of Us, etc)
Capcom gives you control almost 100% of the time.
Seems weird that someone would complain about 5 seconds of crawling through a hole (at least I think that's what he's talking about, it's the only part that occurs during actual gameplay)...I mean...do we really need to control Leon for that? The original game "took control away" from you to open every single door in the game, I think a few seconds of animation to get through tight spaces is forgivable when the entirety of the police station can be explored seamlessly.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Time to elaborate this post.

Okay, so i was playing headset on. Oh darling it went creepy from 0 to 100 so fast.. so fast it seems my heart rate dropped to -1

There is nothing wrong with my brightness setting because i dont have hdr, but it is dark as hell. When i entered a dark corridor, it felt like i was playing a different game

The white noise reminds me of PT (not portable toilet). The crackling sound in the background sometimes startled me, made me wonder if i was alone in the room or not. The more i went deeper, the more i imagined sounds. It's literaly pscyho break
But were you not aware that Resident Evil is like the biggest name in horror gaming beforehand?

That's honestly like picking up Street Fighter and thinking "whoa, this is a fighting game?"

Dec 9, 2017
Seems weird that someone would complain about 5 seconds of crawling through a hole (at least I think that's what he's talking about, it's the only part that occurs during actual gameplay)...I mean...do we really need to control Leon for that? The original game "took control away" from you to open every single door in the game, I think a few seconds of animation to get through tight spaces is forgivable when the entirety of the police station can be explored seamlessly.
Exactly.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The demo can be beaten in like 3 minutes and 30 seconds. It really isn't as big of a slice as some are thinking of the final game. Hell, some stuff that's in the final game you can't ecen mess with in the demo.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
But were you really not aware that Resident Evil is like the biggest name in horror gaming beforehand?
I know.. i know. That post is actually a reference to the first trailer. The first trailer makes it seem like it is action game (like last of us.. not that horror but just a bit horror). But when you try it yourself, it becomes different. It feels like it is very creepy. I kept closing my eyes with my hands but it was hard because i couldnt hold the controller properly

Buttt i never played re2 before. Because i was not born yet

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Well, it's a remake though. I loved RE2 decades ago but how well has the gameplay stood the test of time?
Yeah you seem confused on what this game actually is, It's not a simple "slap some higher res textures on it and call it a day" remaster, it's a full re-imagining of the game.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
this may sound like a silly question but i'm serious; will there be big ass spiders in this game? did big ass spiders exist in the 1998 version?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
this may sound like a silly question but i'm serious; will there be big ass spiders in this game? did big ass spiders exist in the 1998 version?
Probably, definitely were in the OG we haven't seen them in this one yet though.

but considering the
Giant Croc
is in...I would be tremendously surprised if the Spiders werent.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did you really have to be rude to the guy?

It wasn't that deep.

I mean, RE has been more of an action series than anything else (besides RE7 recently), so I guess his surprise isn't that far fetched.

Unless you've lived in a cave, you'd know what resident evil is a horror game.

You don't sound very bright yourself.
Sick no u burn. Truly roasted here.

Spiders were Resident Evil, NOT number 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read basically any of the other impressions here, but I just finished up on a PS4 Pro, and whilst I don't think the demo quite carries the atmosphere of RE7, let me just say that it plays like a fucking dream. I haven't encountered a 3D game that feels this fluid and intuitive on a console controller in a long, long time.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Spiders were Resident Evil, NOT number 2.

You sure?

resident-evil-2-spiders.gif

Deleted member 48390

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I don't remember Zombies were so hard to kill in the original... I mean, 4 or 5 headshots at least with the pistol... Is it me? Or am I missing something?

Very disapointed with the technical goodies. HDR is totally broken, brightness / black levels are a mess, and the picture is very blurry on OneX (1080/60fps?)...

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I don't remember Zombies were so hard to kill in the original... I mean, 4 or 5 headshots at least with the pistol... Is it me? Or am I missing something?

Very disapointed with the technical goodies. HDR is totally broken, brightness / black levels are a mess, and the picture is very blurry on OneX (1080/60fps?)...
It's intentional to make the zombies more of a threat, and I love it. It would be kinda lame if every zombie went down in a single headshot.

Try to neuter the zombies rather than wasting ammo killing them completely, remove their legs/arms and render them less of a threat.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Just finished it. I think I'm gonna wait until I get a new PC to play this (likely around May-June time) because damn does it look 'soft' on the Xbox One X; I also much prefer a mouse and keyboard for this kind of game (either that or the head-tracking of the PSVR lol).

As for the game itself I can tell that it's gonna be great. It feels so much nicer to play than the old 3rd person RE game I've played and the atmosphere is impeccable. This is coming from someone who's never played the original btw.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Zombies took a few handgun shots to kill in the original, but you could only aim up and down.

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, weren't there going to be options for resolution and framerate? I thought there would be a choice between 4K/30fps and a lower resolution but with 60fps?

And yes, the black levels are horrible here. Wtf?

Oct 25, 2017
Few other thoughts:

• I seen people saying that ammo is pretty scarce, but at one point I had a full mag and 62 in reserves. Maybe it's just a demo thing, but it's way too much.
  • I also seen people say that normal enemies can be difficult even on there own, but I don't get that at all and I'm not even that good. I never struggled really.
  • The station is done extremely well. It's lit perfectly.
That's it for now.