• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Asked a mod if we could separate demo impressions here and was told go for it.

You can discuss the demo content only and it's production qualities. Please don't spoil things from RE 2 if you know more about the game or the specifics of the remake.

I'll quote some of your impressions up here as we go.
Copy/Pasting from the demo thread:

Played the demo on a NZ account I made. Here are impressions based off two runs each about 10-15 minutes:

* Game looks incredible on my base PS4. Runs very smoothly with no dips and looks visually stunning. RE engine is a god

* INCREDIBLY atmospheric. The hallways with no lights on are very tense and creepy and even though you have a flashlight you can't see that much around you

* Character models look great. Didn't see a single zombie twice (though some did look similar but in different clothes). Leon and Marvin look very good and the voice acting as we know is top notch.

* Aiming took a little getting used to for me as I kept missing because of the zombies constant movement, but if you keep calm and don't go too crazy aiming all over it's great. Basically, if you work with it it'll work with you.

* One little nitpick is that you have to like double tap to pick up an item which can be annoying as you can easily miss things and leave thinking you picked it up. I almost missed the knife the first time because I thought I took it but I didn't.

* The little touches in the RPD are so good. I randomly saw a poster on my second run of Marvin being Officer of the month that I totally missed the first time

* The gore is VISCERAL. Mutilated bodies, blown off heads, people ripped in half etc. It's so good.

* The overall package just feels like absolute quality. On their own these things are cool but together in one it just looks and feels incredible. Capcom honestly knocked it out the park here and I've only played 30 minutes of it.

Only played 30 minutes and I'm dying for more. This is well on track to being my favourite RE game. Here's a screen I took from the demo:

image0.jpg
First comparison

Pro
residentevil2_1-shotdq7dyp.png

1X
brawly_residentevil21o2iou.png

Pro seems sharper but jaggier. Pro has some weird depth of field going on during some cutscenes, blurring Leon in odd ways. More coming.
(Post of mine from a different thread)

The game controls are tight as hell. My only issue is some graphical snaggles. I noticed a few things I'd change (PS4 Pro, 1080p mode)

The screen space reflections are dreadful. Should be removed in their current state.
The game has DOF issues in cutscenes. Leon's face is constantly a blurry mess
Low res textures in spots where they shouldn't be (cost of 60fps I suppose)
The HDR and overall black levels are way too raised. Looks terrible for a horror game in scenes that are supposed to be very dark

Probably gonna try it on PC tomorrow to see it at its max settings! Wonder if the One X and Pro 4K modes will have improvements!

Last edited:

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
The movement was so fluid, RPD's layout is so well designed and everything else works so well. I had a lot of fun with the demo! I already knew that I was going to get this (preordered), as it was one of my most hyped games of 2019. Now my hype is beyond it's initial limit!

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only complains are the time limit and the floor reflections. Everything else is perfect.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really hoping theres a workaround for the time limit haha. I just wanna bask in this games glory with my new 1440p monitor. Cant wait.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Has someone tried to play it with another account to see if the limit is account-specific? I have a few friends that would love to play the demo at home, but don't want to loose my 30 minutes with that

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm out of the loop, is the out on XB/PS4/PC? If so, that's at least a cumulative 90 minutes for multi-console / PC owners! I'll take that for now!

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Was finally able to confirm that you can blow a zombie in half on REmake 2 (thanks 2B for the second picture):

DwkwXA_WoAAT2-h.jpg%3Alarge

Last edited:

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
What's the file size on steam? Totally forgot but would like to try the demo tonight. I just started a playthrough of REMake as well. Wait, it releases tomorrow?

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
What's the file size on steam? Totally forgot but would like to try the demo tonight. I just started a playthrough of REMake as well. Wait, it releases tomorrow?

Yeah do we have any accurate info on Steam releases in certain regions? UK here and Steam usually updates 5pm GMT on the day - so then on the 11th?

Was hoping it'd come sooner as I'd love to try this tonight.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully the final build isn't such a mess graphically on the X? If it is I'm just going to wait for this to hit bargain bin prices before I pick it up.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they iron out whatever the hell's happening with the 1X. The DMC5 demo looks amazing.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
The graphics and HDR seems little off. Guess it will look better on the final game?

Otherwise, everything is just amazing.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see a DF comparison, but since the finished game is right around the corner, it probably behooves everyone involved to just wait a few more weeks.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Copy/Pasting from the demo thread:

Played the demo on a NZ account I made. Here are impressions based off two runs each about 10-15 minutes:

* Game looks incredible on my base PS4. Runs very smoothly with no dips and looks visually stunning. RE engine is a god

* INCREDIBLY atmospheric. The hallways with no lights on are very tense and creepy and even though you have a flashlight you can't see that much around you

* Character models look great. Didn't see a single zombie twice (though some did look similar but in different clothes). Leon and Marvin look very good and the voice acting as we know is top notch.

* Aiming took a little getting used to for me as I kept missing because of the zombies constant movement, but if you keep calm and don't go too crazy aiming all over it's great. Basically, if you work with it it'll work with you.

* One little nitpick is that you have to like double tap to pick up an item which can be annoying as you can easily miss things and leave thinking you picked it up. I almost missed the knife the first time because I thought I took it but I didn't.

* The little touches in the RPD are so good. I randomly saw a poster on my second run of Marvin being Officer of the month that I totally missed the first time

* The gore is VISCERAL. Mutilated bodies, blown off heads, people ripped in half etc. It's so good.

* The overall package just feels like absolute quality. On their own these things are cool but together in one it just looks and feels incredible. Capcom honestly knocked it out the park here and I've only played 30 minutes of it.

Only played 30 minutes and I'm dying for more. This is well on track to being my favourite RE game. Here's a screen I took from the demo:

image0.jpg

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah I think they nailed the formula as best as they could here from this small taste. I died a few times which is all I can ask for really.

But the game looks wrong.The hallway looks too grey. This really needs fixing.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Am I right assuming you can play half an hour per account on your console with a single download? Has anyone tried it?

Half an hour is way too little time probably, but with the 3/4 accounts on my ps4 I'll probably have enough.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
I wonder if there will be the promised proper ray traced reflections on the PC demo, for those that can use them anyway.

My 1080 ti cries.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017