• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
No way the SSR is going to ship like that, absolutely no way.

and everyone complaining about the graphics simply just don't seem to understand why 60 FPS requires a trade off. If they made it look better but 30 fps people would criticize it and complain for being 30 fps and not feeling responsive. Wait for that 30 fps 4k mode and I bet that and fixed SSR will change your tune....HDR is fubared though, Capcom can't deliver on that though. No defending that one.

Gears 4 at 1080p 60 looks amazing and is obviously doing a lot more with draw distance and body counts. I'd chalk the uneven graphics here up to this being a 9 month old demo.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
So is the demo even enhanced?

Reading reports that the Pro version is 1080p. So Xbox X version is likely the same or no?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, this seems like they nailed exactly what you'd want from RE2make. I basically shot everything up to mess with the gore, seems really satisfying.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
For PS4 users staying in SEA, demo is up in Singapore PSN.

Downloading it right now, can't wait!

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, this seems like they nailed exactly what you'd want from RE2make. I basically shot everything up to mess with the gore, seems really satisfying.

Oh man, now I see why people are comparing it to Silent Hill. Not the gore, but the atmosphere.

I really hope the controls jive with me. (I have arthritis in both thumbs and I'm also left-handed so action games can sometimes not work for me. Old-school survival horror is fine, RE4/5 is fine, but I have trouble with more modern actiony games. What works for most people might not work for me. Fingers crossed. <3)

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Demo was piss easy at least, easier than TEW2, to the point I'm thinking Hard might not be hard enough in release.
Zombies take 3-4 Headshots to drop, I killed everything I saw and had 44 bullets at the end of the demo and I got touched only once (first zombie caught me off-guard).

Yeah, this is pretty much how my runs went. Had the timer run out on me in the first, then finished it in the second with 15 minutes to spare. Only got grabbed once, had plenty of bullets left over.

I don't actually remember choosing a difficulty option but I'm assuming the game is playing on easy.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Yeah, this is pretty much how my runs went. Had the timer run out on me in the first, then finished it in the second with 15 minutes to spare. Only got grabbed once, had plenty of bullets left over.

I don't actually remember choosing a difficulty option but I'm assuming the game is playing on easy.

Yeah, it felt like easy. Pistol seems to be a four headshot kill at max (maaaaybe five if you're super unlucky), and the shotgun felt like an easy one shot headshot at close range. I killed everything outside of the first section before meeting Marvin (and wasted a few bullets on top of that experimenting with the gunplay), and I ended the demo with like 50 handgun rounds. Or maybe normal is just really easy and hard is the way to go.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Proof that Capcom knows what they're doing with this remake.
DwmGrAgUYAAz-vI

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Enjoyed it, took me about 17 minutes to reach the end. It looks really nice, such smooth animations, but for some reason it looks washed out, hopefully just a demo thing. I wanted to explore some more and just look a things, but the timer has fully ran out now.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

What do you mean the timer ran out on you? I thought this could only be played once?

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Yup, it's glorious. Played on Xbox One X in 4K with HDR off(I read the HDR is terrible so I turned it off), film grain off. I also played some of it HUDless which is amazing. Finished it with 10 minutes to spare, took a bunch of screenshots and some clips. 30 minutes is seriously not enough because I wanted to look at every nook and cranny.

Things I hope to see in the full game
  • Soundtrack to be more prominent.
  • The Xbox One rumbling triggers put to good use.
  • Weapons I feel need more oomph but that would probably be fixed if it used the rumbling triggers which is an underrated feature in the Xbox One controller that more people should talk about because it definitely enhances the experience.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Just like the dmc demo I'm left off with a bland aftertaste. Maybe it's just not for me. I lack the nostalgia factor and isn't a fan of horror games.

Still interested in the game but I think I'll hold off 'till I find it cheap.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yup, it's glorious. Played on Xbox One X in 4K with HDR off(I read the HDR is terrible so I turned it off), film grain off. I also played some of it HUDless which is amazing. Finished it with 10 minutes to spare, took a bunch of screenshots and some clips. 30 minutes is seriously not enough because I wanted to look at every nook and cranny.
I'm damn sure this isn't running at native 4K.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Played on base PS4

-Framerate is solid, but fluctuates here and there.

-Soft image overall, indication of heavy post processing.

-Some textures are not in par with rest.

-Going for knees instead of piling headshots makes the game a cakewalk. (Of course).

-Fan speed is kicking pretty high, but I suspect it's due to the old build of that demo.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
You probably skipped the brightness settings in the beginning.
I went through the test images but everything looked fine. I also usually leave everything at default as my TV is already calibrated.

Yeah. This game really demands you to go through the brightness settings because the default isn't correct (my TV settings are perfect). I just did my second run skipping those settings and it did look washed out.
Ah, I thought maybe the settings were off in the game. Sadly I can't go back since the timer has ran out for me, but good to know for the full game.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I would not count on this. They only got one of the original composers to do the entire thing and so far it's reminiscent of his work on Umbrella Corps which is also all-ambient.
It's one of the things I wanted to be wrong about when I saw the gameplay previews(and I still would like to be wrong about). I have no problem with switching the OST to the original since I'm getting the super duper version of the game(I don't know if that will help???). With that being said, they're clearly going for a certain vibe/style here. I like it but can't love it because I feel the soundtrack plays such a big part of a RE game.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What do you mean the timer ran out on you? I thought this could only be played once?

You could only play the game for 30 minutes on each account. In my first run, my 30 minutes were up before I reached the end of the demo. When I tried again on another account, I was able to complete it in 15min. Which means I still got 15min to play around with it on that account.

Things I hope to see in the full game
  • Soundtrack to be more prominent.
  • The Xbox One rumbling triggers put to good use.
  • Weapons I feel need more oomph but that would probably be fixed if it used the rumbling triggers which is an underrated feature in the Xbox One controller that more people should talk about because it definitely enhances the experience.

Great pics!

VashTS

Oct 29, 2017
To me it only looks like the game gets washed out in the hallway sections where the flashlight is used. I've seen plenty of games where gamma is adjusted based on location of the player. This washed out black look seems to be intentional and has nothing to do with the HDR implementation. Everything outside of those hallways looks great.

Hopefully the full game doesn't have this issue, but maybe the devs opted for it on purpose so you can see in the darker sections easier.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
So is the final game going to have a proper soundtrack or will I need the soundtrack swap DLC?

Furisco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those screenshots... What a terrible looking game.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017

You get 30 minutes (of 'game time', things like pausing can cause the timer to stop as well, not sure how cutscenes fit in).

If you finish quickly enough you can get more than one playthrough.

And then of course any unique PSN (or presumably XBL and Steam when the time arrives) account should have its own unique ID for another 30 min if you so desire.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Headshots seem extra pointless if it takes 5 of them to kill a a zombie. The atmosphere is great, much scarier than real RE2.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
They seem to have given Leon more personality as well. He says things to himself at random times lol(I think?).

One of the things I loved about RE7 was how you could slowly enter the room. It's the same here and I absolutely still love it.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Singleplayer only games tend to drop quickly in price, this along with the demo not wooing me, it was good not great, makes me fine with waiting for a sale.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, really appreciate that they added in-game toggles for turning off grain and increasing FoV even on consoles.

If only the final game adds the option to turn off CA.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Played on X tonight. Settings make a huge difference, even if they're just a bit off it'll be either crushed or washed out.

I'm really not happy with how blurry it looks. I'm going to try the Pro version tomorrow then decide if I'm switching my pre-order. I can deal with a few jaggies.