• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
This is exactly the same demo I've played at Gamescom. Which means it's the E3 demo.

Capcom did the same with DMC 5 demo. Weird, cause people are getting the game in not as polished state as final release will be...

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Just tried this demo, why no one told me it is a horror game 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, I got the buggy reflections on the Xbox One X version.
They are present in Resident Evil 7 on the PC as well. I took a look at this last night and you can see it right away in the reflections on the car in the forest. They went away when I changed the Shadows from "On" to "Variable".

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this isn't a great demo all in all, mostly because of the stupid time limit. It restricts and rushes you in situations where the game isn't meant for it (since I assume all this is still in the full game?). The game itself is great though, albeit that isn't surprising and I don't need the demo to confirm that. I died and killed a few zombies and picked up shotgun shells for a shotgun that I couldn't find and didn't have time to find.

Won't bother installing it on my Xbox for another go, it's really not worth it when it is as restrictive as it is.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried this demo, why no one told me it is a horror game 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Yeah, it's back to its horror roots again.
sadcam.png

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Is it feasible that someone will mod the time limit out of the PC demo or will the DRM screw that up?
It's already pretty easy to play it multiple times using multiple accounts. I really don't understand why there is a restriction in the first place. It's just promoting ghost accounts. It's probably only there because this is the same timed demo used at E3. It makes sense to time limit it on the show floor.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really like how guns feel to shoot or how the enemies react. It's an improvement over RE6 but i don't think it's quite where it should be. At least here it's much more forgivable since you are meant to avoid blasting away zombies as much as possible. Aside from that the game seems pretty great, it's pretty much what one would expect from a modern Resident Evil 2 Remake even in regards with the voice acting which is wooden but that's to be expected from RE at this point, i don't think this series will ever have great voice acting.
RE7's voice acting sounded fine to me.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Time limit sucked, otherwise the game feels amazing. Movement/gunplay is excellent. The gore tech and the shot reaction from zombies are awesome too. Too bad for the bad HDR :/ Black level is busted and the blacks are grey whick kills the atmoshpere. Hoping for a fix but i dont hold my breath for it :(

Day 1 purchase for sure

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time limit sucked, otherwise the game feels amazing. Movement/gunplay is excellent. The gore tech and the shot reaction from zombies are awesome too. Too bad for the bad HDR :/ Black level is busted and the blacks are grey whick kills the atmoshpere. Hoping for a fix but i dont hold my breath for it :(

Day 1 purchase for sure
Yeah the game looks much brighter than the trailers.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Played it, hit the time limit. Is there actually an "end" to this demo? It ended when I was messing around in the library.

It was okay. The controls are snappy and responsive, and it was funny seeing all this residentevilish locked rooms and bizarre puzzles everywhere. A real blast to the past. I just don't know if it's really doing it for me. I never liked how zombies take half a dozen or more bullets to down in these games, even if you land consecutive headshots. Never been super enthused about RE2R, still ain't, but I look forward to playing it when it comes out anyway, since I already own it due to the AMD promotion.

One thing I'll say is pretty cool is that it has binary audio, one of the few games I've seen with that option. Visually it looked kinda off though, the black colors in the demo looked more like greys to me. Black levels didn't look right. I was playing in a non-HDR screen.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Something I wish they add in the full game is the ability to remove the aiming reticle and just use the laser.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Played it, hit the time limit. Is there actually an "end" to this demo? It ended when I was messing around in the library.

It was okay. The controls are snappy and responsive, and it was funny seeing all this residentevilish locked rooms and bizarre puzzles everywhere. A real blast to the past. I just don't know if it's really doing it for me. I never liked how zombies take half a dozen or more bullets to down in these games, even if you land consecutive headshots. Never been super enthused about RE2R, still ain't, but I look forward to playing it when it comes out anyway, since I already own it due to the AMD promotion.

One thing I'll say is pretty cool is that it has binary audio, one of the few games I've seen with that option. Visually it looked kinda off though, the black colors in the demo looked more like greys to me. Black levels didn't look right. I was playing in a non-HDR screen.

The demo endpoint is when you return to Marvin after he calls you.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Can someone please answer my question? I'm currently playing REmake and I chose Jill. I found on the internet that the campaigns of Jill and Chris are almost the same so I'll probaly only be finishing the game as Jill. This game also lets you choose between two characters, but it says thay the campaigns are different. Are they entirely different?

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017

Day 1 purchase for sure

It's bad without HDR too! Default brightness and blacks are totally wrong.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please answer my question? I'm currently playing REmake and I chose Jill. I found on the internet that the campaigns of Jill and Chris are almost the same so I'll probaly only be finishing the game as Jill. This game also lets you choose between two characters, but it says thay the campaigns are different. Are they entirely different?

The only real differences are available weapons and characters you meet during your journey through the game. The general story beats are the same for both characters.

Oct 26, 2017
Demo felt like a full budget RE-Revelations/2. Which is fine by me.
Zombies are fun to engage, the gore is glorious and the Audio is on point.

Can't wait to try it on PC though.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I enjoyed the demo but expected more visually, ps4 slim. Not bad at all,but from preview videos and comments i thought it was there with the best. It is a bit soft and bland, especially in lit areas. The aiming also felt a bit off, too fast, maybe can be calibrated in the final game.
The 30 minutes limit is way too restrictive.
I wish they had also given the original RE this treatment, but won't complain. Will buy but wait for a price drop.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
For all you gun-nuts in here, you gotta admit popping a head that lands a critical hit was satisfying as hell. I would aim carefully and then suddenly "SPLUSH" the whole head just rips in two from a perfectly placed gunshot, even made kind of a popping noise. They totally emulate the original RE2 in terms of killing Zombies. They even fall and start twitching before they rise up again, which is a blend of a dead RE2 zombie vs a fallen zombie that's not dead yet. Double tapping is totally an intended thing in this game!

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't play the original, the enemies feel a bit spongey and despite not being able to see a thing it wasn't scary and I normally avoid horror games.

Might get it a few months after launch though because it managed to keep me interested for the full 30 minutes.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I love just playing with the zombies. Shooting off a leg and see them crawling towards you.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The only real differences are available weapons and characters you meet during your journey through the game. The general story beats are the same for both characters.
So it's the same as in REmake? I found that you could meet a character named Rebecca as Chris.

Apologies - full of cold/flu and misread the question.

RE2 has slightly more distinct campaigns due to the more direct interactions with the characters you meet. REmake's and the original games character interactions are usually pretty fleeting or one note. RE2 has you being with other characters for more prolonged periods of time.

In general the A-Z route is roughly the same in terms of major encounters - outside of the characters you meet.

In the original game Leon met 2 unique characters as does Claire.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's stylized that way, was done on purpose – soft, pastel, moody colors.
Nah, even the blacks on the menus are just grey. Even when you're asked to set the brightness. If this is really how it's meant to look then someone at Capcom fucked up.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The dark sections are so bright in this game that Leon's flashlight feels pointless. Might as well drop the flashlight and have him dual wield or something. They need to fix the blacks and HDR badly.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I haven't done the demo yet but I know a way to guess what build this is based on.
Marvin gives a book to Leon in a cutscene, back at E3 the book was clean.
But in recent press videos, the book is bloody.

So, is Marvin's book bloody on this ? If it isnt then it's the E3 build.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
The dark sections are so bright in this game that Leon's flashlight feels pointless. Might as well drop the flashlight and have him dual wield or something. They need to fix the blacks and HDR badly.
I didn't seem to have this issue. Looked fine for me on both consoles. You configured HDR correctly in the beginning of the demo?