• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I use 49" X900E TV as my PC monitor, and custom 3440x1440 resolution is great on it. I found that my gtx1070 can deliver great ultrawide experience for games that I cannot easily play on full 4K.

I thought about trying something like that with my 930e, but I'd have to bring my PC over to the living room which isn't ideal. I'll see if my 1080ti can manage a stable 60 on my 4K monitor, otherwise I'll stick with my now ho hum 1440p gsync setup.

Apparently for every 5 minutes played, so yes.

Last edited:

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I know alla bout the E3 demo, what is the completion trigger ? I just wanna know how i want to spend my time on it

From what I played, it's talking to Marvin after reaching the library. It gave me my results and ending demo time (about 17 minutes for that particular playthrough). I was rushing though (skipping cutscenes and skipping some rooms). Not sure if cutscenes factor into game time but i'm thinking so.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

re2_2019_01_11_19_20_vndsn.png

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So I just played the demo. Took my time and didn't finish in 30 minutes. But I liked what I saw.

My only question is because I suck terribly partially due to being disabled (arthritis and I have to wear braces on my hands), is there an easy mode available in the full game? I assume the demo was on normal. I could probably play it on normal, but still.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
How are people finding this on PSN?

I only go on PSN a handful of time per year. It is such a fucking abomination of a digital shop.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Are there any cache graphics options for PC? RE7 had one IIRC, so maybe that's what's blowing up the VRAM requirement?

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Played the Demo about 3 times so far. Some things i noticed.

The gore from the E3 Demo is toned down. Elliot isn't demembered after being pulled from the shutter, and the guy with the sinewy jaw isn't as graphic in this demo. I hear there's an "extreme gore" option in the main game? Guessing this is the tame version of that.

Any PC players know if SLI is supported? Going to test out when i get home later.

Overall really loving what i played.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use 49" X900E TV as my PC monitor, and custom 3440x1440 resolution is great on it. I found that my gtx1070 can deliver great ultrawide experience for games that I cannot easily play on full 4K.

Never thought about doing that! I have a 55" 4K TV! Is it as simple as setting a custom resolution in NVIDIA control panel?

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
So has anybody tried to freeze the address for the timer on cheat engine? I'm really not excited to download a demo with a timer on it.

Luke76bg

Oct 29, 2017
"Ok, this works...for now....When you are running out of time - minimize demo (alt+tab) and terminate process through task manager. Start game - you have 30 minutes again.

Tested couple of times - it works...for now."

from steam forum. Interesting if true!

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It seems wierd then the above user said 12 gigs. You say everything but shadows and textures were at high? Was that user at 4k?

1440p. ~13GB is what the ingame settings suggest. Those high res textures are probably not in the demo build... Think about it, the demo size is just ~8GB total.
We'll find out once the full game releases.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
It seems wierd then the above user said 12 gigs. You say everything but shadows and textures were at high? Was that user at 4k?

To use 13GB of VRAM on 4K, you have to set texture quality at the highest which is 8GB. I should note that the "high" setting encompasses several amounts of vram usage. I'm guessing the difference isn't as massive as people are assuming, most especially at the higher end.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
From what I played, it's talking to Marvin after reaching the library. It gave me my results and ending demo time (about 17 minutes for that particular playthrough). I was rushing though (skipping cutscenes and skipping some rooms). Not sure if cutscenes factor into game time but i'm thinking so.
actually, you don't have to go that way! once you get the spade key you can go back downstairs through the room across the locker room, use the key, and come back out into the lobby and end the demo without Marvin calling you at all! it might be faster, for speedrun purposes, because you don't have to slowwalk during his dialogue

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Game breaks as soon as I view this screen, gonna leave this I think.

mMAQucD.jpg

Do you have Windows Media Codec installed? The game relies on Windows' WMV codec. Some European Windows do not come with the codec due to the Microsoft antitrust case with the EU Commission.

If you have the stripped down "N" edition Windows, you'll need to install the codec pack below:

For Windows 10
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

Windows 7
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16546

Windows 8.1
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42503

Oct 26, 2017
Remember that you're playing it on an X. OG XB1 and S drop to their 40s, PS4 bade down to 50s, while the X of course runs the 900p with fairly little issues at 60.

Very strange not to have an enhanced demo though.

But isn't that only when the framerate is unlocked that a game in X goes to max framerate automatically?

But apparently the demo is listed as X enhanced, which is odd. This would mean it is significantly worse than how it is on Pro.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Oh btw just to be sure, does staying in the menu, tweaking the settings consume your time limit ot jsut when you start the game, Do the cutscenes count too?

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
lol playing at 3440x1440 and the VRAM in the options menu states 14GB. I doubt it actually uses that much, that'd be an unprecedented amount of VRAM especially for a non open-world title.

I'm guessing they are rough estimates of the worst possible scenario for VRAM. It ran (for the brief 3 minutes I tested) silky smooth for me at a locked 120.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Just finished. Utterly amazing. Shooting undead humans beings has never been this fun... they found a a way to make zombies both loyal to classic REs but also relevant today, particularly not knowing when they are really dead can be quite tense.

Anyway, any easter eggs so far? Only found this one:

23FC3D11AB9932A3E9BF57BD501B370551E26D71

Oct 25, 2017
This was pretty fun as someone who never played the original RE2. The flashlight being the main light source definitely works for me as a way to increase tension. I might get this game.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
actually, you don't have to go that way! once you get the spade key you can go back downstairs through the room across the locker room, use the key, and come back out into the lobby and end the demo without Marvin calling you at all! it might be faster, for speedrun purposes, because you don't have to slowwalk during his dialogue

Wow great find! Going to try that in my next playthrough!