• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Played the Demo about 3 times so far. Some things i noticed.

The gore from the E3 Demo is toned down. Elliot isn't demembered after being pulled from the shutter, and the guy with the sinewy jaw isn't as graphic in this demo. I hear there's an "extreme gore" option in the main game? Guessing this is the tame version of that.

Any PC players know if SLI is supported? Going to test out when i get home later.

Overall really loving what i played.

Which E3 clip are you referring to? Elliot is ripped in half here like on E3 gameplay demo. Dude with half face too. The problem is on E3 they had proper black and brightness levels. Capcom messed them up in this demo and everything is too bright and washed out the deep red of blood and gore isn't properly displayed.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Downsampled from 6600x2750. Mix between high and max settings.
test1dgc9i.jpg

test2ujfpj.jpg

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
So has anybody tried to freeze the address for the timer on cheat engine? I'm really not excited to download a demo with a timer on it.

The fact that the demo requires always online makes me suspect there could be some bizarre checks for memory address changes.

I'll boot up Cheat Engine and see what happens.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I had a fat zombie collapse on top of skinny zombie and the skinny one stood back up and lunged at me while carrying the fat one on his shoulders.

Wish I had recorded that.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just finished. Utterly amazing. Shooting undead humans beings has never been this fun... they found a a way to make zombies both loyal to classic REs but also relevant today, particularly not knowing when they are really dead can be quite tense.

Anyway, any easter eggs so far? Only found this one:

23FC3D11AB9932A3E9BF57BD501B370551E26D71
Oh wow didn't know there was the orginal STARS picture there! I did notice the film in the locker room. Assuming you can use that in this room in the main game.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Which E3 clip are you referring to? Elliot is ripped in half here like on E3 gameplay demo. Dude with half face too. The problem is on E3 they had proper black and brightness levels. Capcom messed them up in this demo and everything is too bright and washed out the deep red of blood and gore isn't properly displayed.

There original E3 demo footage. That's what i was referring to. in this public demo the gore seems to be toned down, but i hear there's an exteme gore option in the main game that i'm guessing will have that guy dismembered instead of his legs still being intacted and the dude with the jaw being more graphic than he was in this demo.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
There original E3 demo footage. That's what i was referring to. in this public demo the gore seems to be toned down, but i hear there's an exteme gore option in the main game that i'm guessing will have that guy dismembered instead of his legs still being intacted and the dude with the jaw being more graphic than he was in this demo.
Have an links or articles on that?

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

You're seeing something different. I played the demo 3 times and the guy is ripped in half, no legs, full gore.

Is your demo censored?

Oct 26, 2017
So if HDR is borked for a some of us on Xbox One X, there's no reason to believe this will be resolved in the final product no?

I'm getting tired of buying "Enhanced" games that do not work.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

I dunno, the jaw guy seems pretty gory to me.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beat the demo in 17 min but I hate the fact it's timed. I had a feeling because of the time limit I am rushing. There is probably lot of cool things I missed.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, i thought you could literally only play this once?
Why was i able to immediately able to jump back in with another playthru!?

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Tried it on PS4 and PC now. Plays like a dream! It's got the same feeling as playing Resident Evil 4, that I felt limited and vulnerable, but it feels fluid and modern at the same time. It's a perfect progression of that kind of over-the-shoulder view, and genuinely scary. The environments are so detailed and so sinister, and they're really used the darkness well. Darkness is actually darkness, which makes the sounds you hear truly terrifying.

I finished it in 28 minutes, so haven't bothered to soak up that last 2 minutes since I just want the full thing now. But, as expected, it was brilliant. Capcom is just doing everything right, recently.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yeah i think that must be what it is. I only played the JP version so far. Didn't know there was this difference in that version.

JP might be consored. Woah.

I downloaded EU demo and played on eu, us and jp accounts. All gore. PS4.

I recommend EU and US account demo, the gore and body damage is awesome.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, was shocked to see that 21:9 is supported...just when I thought I couldn't get any more hyped.

Looked phenomenal at 3440x1440

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
One question about the demo: in the scene where you try to save the guy from being killed under the shutter, you get swarmed by zombies and are expected to run back to the main hall. Is it even possible to clear them out then? I tried killing that first cop zombie, but it felt like he kept getting up regardless.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Put simply, I NEED MORE.

That trailer at the end, loved it. Whats with the Steam demo having achievements. Also 12GB vram usage on max settings?

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
JP might be consored. Woah.

I downloaded EU demo and played on eu, us and jp accounts. All gore. PS4.

I recommend EU and US account demo, the gore and body damage is awesome.

article i found referring to it: https://www.gamebyte.com/resident-evil-2-gets-an-uncensored-version-entitled-resident-evil-2-z/

Thankfully i only downloaded this version to play earlier/more times. Definitely sticking with the US version.

I wasn't aware Japan was that sensitive to gore in this case to warrant a censored version. Apparently RE7 got the same treatment that i wasn't aware of. I don't think the US will have this option though.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Japan censoring is so weird with all their anime titties and hentai stuff, who knew a little blood wouldnt be allowed.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One question about the demo: in the scene where you try to save the guy from being killed under the shutter, you get swarmed by zombies and are expected to run back to the main hall. Is it even possible to clear them out then? I tried killing that first cop zombie, but it felt like he kept getting up regardless.
You can kill the first two zombies you meet (the cop one and the one that comes through the window). For some reason the cop one takes like 10 bullets to the head lol. The second two that come out of the window on the right I just shot them in the head till they went down and ran. Felt like it would have been a waste of bullets to kill them.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't get bit by a single zombie in the demo; the difficulty is way, way, way too easy. Zombies effectively weren't scary at all or posed any sort of threat. Really hoping the harder modes are significantly more difficult or this is going to be a gorgeous looking bore of a game.

Aside from that loved everything else about the experience. Great looking game and environments.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Performance at 4K with a 2080Ti at max settings: in some areas it runs between mid 60fps and mid 70fps, but it can go down to mid 50fps and mid 40fps at some points.
Setting Volumetric Lighting from max to medium seems to do the trick: the game runs between mid 70fps and 80fps.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Definitely strange, seem to remember PAL RE3 not letting you kick/crush zombies heads when you got grabbed, whereas Japan version no problem at all.
Not surprising, Japan started using CERO rating only in early 2000s – http://www.cero.gr.jp/en/publics/index/17/
Plus, games weren't that realistic back then, to be honest.

Not sure why European version was censored though, probably because of Germany (my guess).

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
First impression is that the PS4 has gotta be the noisiest piece of shit I've ever owned. Like...the demo was borderline unplayable because of that lol