• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unr3al

Nov 10, 2018
The game uses ~13GB Vram with highest settings? WOW

re2-2019-01-11-19-23-d1c7m.jpg

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That end demo trailer was a great tease

• First look at HUNK and Tofu
  • The Umbrella lab also gets its debut. Really sci-fi in its presentation that reminds me of a cross between the lab in RE5 and the facility in Dino Crisis 2.
  • More G-Forms shown. Not sure if anything new, but both the Clawed form and train form are shown.

Sharivan

Dec 29, 2018
Belgium
Liked how it is faithful to the gameplay, locations and atmosphere of the original (with a few changes here and there). I do miss the fixed camera and I don't like that they made everything so dark but overall I enjoyed the demo a lot.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
That demo was dope, shut off the end trailer because I want to see it in full game

Ran great @ 80% of 4K res on my laptop, probably easily does 4K60 on my desktop but didn't play it there

Definitely a double dip situation, game is great

They need to do RE1/RE3 and others in the same vein!

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
So close to being able to run at 4K. Had to settle at 80% resolution which runs around 80 FPS most of the time. Managed to get 2 medallions. Can't wait to play the full game!

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Fantasic demo, can't wait to play the full game. One thing, can sprint be mapped to X with any control schemes? I didn't bother checking before.

Hace

Sep 21, 2018
Good demo, unfortunately only letterboxing for 16:10 monitors, at least it doesn't try to stretch it.

Apparently resetting the demo is just a trivial matter of messing with local save and achievement data.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Is there any footage of the game being played with the classic OST?

Just finished the demo and I think it's fantastic! But the lack of music (or the real minimal use of it) is something I'm not sure about yet.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
That demo was dope, shut off the end trailer because I want to see it in full game

Ran great @ 80% of 4K res on my laptop, probably easily does 4K60 on my desktop but didn't play it there

Definitely a double dip situation, game is great

They need to do RE1/RE3 and others in the same vein!
Why double dip if the game releases on the same day for every platform?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I thougt the pace of the game was closer to RE1 and REmake (and RE7) than RE2 itself. Part of that is probably because we skipped the mad rush from acident to station, but in the first 30 minutes of RE2 in the police stations you probably go through two or three rooms full of zombies in which you have to be more liberal with your ammunition.

This RE2 felt slower with zombies being individual treats rather then in big groups.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
One thing that I was disappointed with... you can go through the corridor where Nemesis jump through a window in RE3 and although that particular window is no longer there, there is one right besides it and it's not broken... it would put a smile on my face if it showed signs of a huge creature bursting through it.

Oct 28, 2017
That was some good sh*t! Now I'm a bit more relaxed about how DMC5 will run on my config.
I've got a 4690k with a 6GB 1060 and I was in more of a gpu limited situation strangely, even at 1080p.
The mouse and keyboard controls are the best I've ever seen in a game like this, especially the aiming.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Does the demo begin with a proper cutscene/intro, or does it just drop you into the Police Station lobby?

I've queued up the download, just won't be able to play it until I get home later tonight.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
there is a frame-limiter in the in-game options or i have to use rivatuner?
i want to try 4k30 frames with my 1070.
thanks.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Are there any solutions to the noise the PS4 makes? I'm not even sure I can enjoy this game like this tbh

It means the game is working the GPU hard. Solution is cooler room temps, removing any blockage to the air intake, clean out dust or any junk that may have clogged the fan housing, etc. Some newer systems from what I understand have improved fan / thermal control as well.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Does the demo begin with a proper cutscene/intro, or does it just drop you into the Police Station lobby?

I've queued up the download, just won't be able to play it until I get home later tonight.

Just a text blurb and then straight into the lobby - you can go outside to take a peek at the immediate grounds outside.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Loved every minute of it. Sadly I didn't get to finish the demo (assuming you can) before my time ran out =( Damn I can't wait til the 25th.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

It has a written summary of the situation up until the police station while it's loading. Then you start right there in the lobby, no cutscene.

It means the game is working the GPU hard. Solution is cooler room temps, removing any blockage to the air intake, clean out dust or any junk that may have clogged the fan housing, etc. Some newer systems from what I understand have improved fan / thermal control as well.

I had one of the noisy "day one" consoles and it was a nightmare. Just bought the Red Dead Pro bundle and apparently that model is the quietest one. It's a major difference.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017

I'm gonna blast it with the compressed air, see if that helps, thanks. I'm cheap with the heat in the house so I know it's not that and it's got plenty of ventilation on all sides.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thougt the pace of the game was closer to RE1 and REmake (and RE7) than RE2 itself. Part of that is probably because we skipped the mad rush from acident to station, but in the first 30 minutes of RE2 in the police stations you probably go through two or three rooms full of zombies in which you have to be more liberal with your ammunition.

This RE2 felt slower with zombies being individual treats rather then in big groups.

RE2 had more zombies the the demo, even groups, eg. East wing near big blue door there were about 6-7 in a bundle. Later when you didn't close shutters the corridors where filled with zombies. In classic RE when you entered a certain rooms you were greeted by 4-5 zombies standing in specific places. Thing is in og RE2 you could take out 3 zombies with 1 shotgun shell, but here even single one sometimes keep standing with their head destroyed by point blank shotgun shot to the face. And of course you didn't have to aim much to take out zombies with handgun. Now only perfect headshots count. I love it. I managed to take out zombie with a single round once in the demo, must have been a critical hit or something.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for confirming as I was about to go down the rabbit hole of figuring out if it was something with my setup or not. I did not think it was, but you never know. So I appreciate the quick confirm.

I wouldn't be surprised that they're not using the full range of the audio to keep the demo file small.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Just played and it's great! The atmosphere, 60fps, Japanese language track, the gore. I'll have to see if there's an option to map run to a face button because I don't like having to us L3.

The single use /30 minute limit is so stupid. As I'm playing it, all the old instincts of conserving ammo and mapping item, puzzle and enemy placements for an optimal run kick in and I wanted to replay it over and over. Considering how many times I played past RE demo's this limitation is so weird, especially when you can create more accounts to bypass the restriction(?) then why have it in the first place?

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I was convinced to buy this day one but now I'm not so sure. I dig the ambiance but I fear it might be too oppressive without some humor. And the apparent randomness of zombie health (I found one which took 14 shots, including 4 headshots; and others just 3) make it unreliable in my eyes. I'll wait for reviews now.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Holyfuck that was so awesome! Dammit! Beat it in 25 minutes but ran through so much of it

It's been years since I've played the original RE2, like damn near 15 years ago. Are they adding/changing narrative in this shit? I swear I don't remember hardly any of what I just played aside from being in the police station

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Drops you without any fanfare, but there *are* cut-scenes in the demo later.
Just a text blurb and then straight into the lobby - you can go outside to take a peek at the immediate grounds outside.
It has a written summary of the situation up until the police station while it's loading. Then you start right there in the lobby, no cutscene..
It begin droping you into the Police Station. No cutscene, only a little text resume in the loading screen telling you how things are going for Leon.
Thanks all!

I'm still really curious how much they're going to change the intro from the PSOne original, but I guess it's nice that they don't waste some of the player's time since the demo has a time limit.