• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
lol yeah dude headshots just ain't what they used to be that's for sure. I was getting headshots left and right and these bastards kept getting up. I fucking loved it

I went full Isaac Clarke on all the zombies I encountered.

tumblr_l94vqujLj11qbzf0vo1_r1_500.gif

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I'm gonna blast it with the compressed air, see if that helps, thanks. I'm cheap with the heat in the house so I know it's not that and it's got plenty of ventilation on all sides.

I moved the PS4 Pro into the next room and just ran the cables back through the wall to my TV. That way it can be as loud as it wants and I won't hear it. I have my PC on the other side too for the same reason.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
In the EXE is a value called "set_TrialCredit" that forces you back to the title screen when it hits 0. Question is would Denuvo accept a change.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 PRO fps impressions? Do they let you pick between 30/60 modes in demo? Is 60 mode fluctuating?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Atmosphere, sound design, the gore and unwavering pressure of the zombies was all fantastic. Given the time limit, I wasn't concerned with conserving ammo and kind of rushing through, so it'll be interesting to play this in the context of the full game where ammo and resources count.

The zombies are so good here. They're fast enough to feel like a constant threat when you're standing your ground to make each shot count, but slow enough to let the pressure build as they slowly close in

I'll definitely be playing on the hardest available difficulty though.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

This legit felt like classic RE in the best way possible. Like I can't even put into words how it felt to be in that police station. The dark and heavy atmosphere, the constant threat of zombies (who are now legit a challenge and scary), getting items and trying to combine stuff to have more space in inventory, getting keys, hints, reports, seeing so many things that you know you are gonna get/solve/read in the main game.

Like oh God, this is literally everything I wanted RE to be since the first time I played RE3 on PS1 (my first RE game). This is so good. I can't stress this enough, it is incredible. As an RE fan I can't wait for the full game.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I don't like how some zombies took like 8 shots to the head while others only took 1.
I hate bullet sponge enemy's and it didn't seem to me at least that there was a way to tell which ones would take more bullets.

It is floaty, first thing I noticed. Hope they make it more rigid.
Hopefully. I thought I was crazy because no one else was mentioning it.

Oct 26, 2017
So I've played through the demo on the PS4 once and now on PC twice. I must say the PC version looks mighty fine. Some textures are strangely inconsistent, but the overall quality is amazing. The gore is amazing. Like the best looking gore in any game so far.
The zombies are a bit too easy to dispatch (just shoot them in the leg until it breaks, then either knife them to death, or shoot them in the head a few times. they knew exactly why they put in the knife degradation, it would be too easy otherwise.

Did a speedrun through the demo and finished in 06:08 (could be sub 5 or even 4 easily)
YVXlWol.jpg

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Finally using the Shotgun on zombies felt great last night. Its super creepy that even after taking a shell to the face the zombie still wanted to attack me.

Man I'm gonna enjoy this game soooo much in two weeks

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
That's kind of extreme, but I honestly thought about doing that. It's crazy loud.
I lovey Bose quiet comfort headphones for this kind of stuff. The noise cancelation is superb .

I am not going to play the demo. I do enjoy seeing the reactions on here though. If I played the demo now it would make the wait so much harder.

Re2 was the first game I can remember playing on a ps1. My cousin got a ps1 while we were shopping with his mom (I think it was his birthday) and he could choose 2 games. We were 12ish. We chose the re2 due to the creepy covee, the other game was ridge racer.
So many good memories from that weekend.
Not much sleep though.....

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished my playthrough; took 22 minutes but I was going pretty slow. Enjoyed it quite a bit. One question; did HDR seem underwhelming to anyone else? I actually found standard with brightness properly adjusted to be the better experience. Playing on a PS4 Pro + LG C8 OLED.

Oct 30, 2017
Time limit sucked, but it's definitely a day one purchase for me.

My only real issue was shooting zombies felt like I was using a nerf gun or something.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Can you stomp them in some capacity while they're down? Or stab them with the knife?

I forget how the head kicks worked in RE2, only if you were attacked, right?

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, just typical RE. Hype is overblown like usual and since it's a remake I'm saying no to whoever says it's Game of the Year worthy tbh.

I think the love for it is clearly based in nostalgia, which is completely fine, but people need to say that it's nostalgia and not give seemingly unbaised declarations of why they love it.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seems ok so far. Kinda easy. Can't wait 'til it ramps up.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is this doll supposed to be a reference to something?

C8QLcxQ.png

And I hope Capcpom fixes the black levels for the final release. This game just looks screwed up on all platforms.

Oct 26, 2017

Won

Oct 27, 2017
That was quite a ride. Young me was too weak for the original back in the day, (not a horror person) so I haven't followed this game at all. Didn't even know what camera view I'm gonna get.

Felt like a quality product. Atmosphere is great. Not much else I can say about a demo with such limitations.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
It's ok I guess. Didn't like how as soon as you enter a room every collectable around you, be it ammo, health or key objects are immediately shown as icons on the map, whether you've noticed them or not. For me having to search for stuff is an important part of survival horror. Also didn't like that aiming crosshair and hud can't be toggled separately (they can in 7).

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Played on PS4 Pro, liked it. Toggled the HDR a few times and it's a nice subtle effect - although amusingly it's most obvious in the menu. I thought the textures were surprisngly low res looking in a lot of places though.

Gonna try on PC now to decide if I want "4K" or 60fps...

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Blasting a zombie in the face with a shotgun, it going down and laying still, and then coming around the corner while my back was turned picking up items on the other side of the room was awesome

Dec 6, 2017
US
You bet your ass you can. The sound is gruesome.

This is fucking awesome.

It's ok I guess. Didn't like how as soon as you enter a room every collectable around you, be it ammo, health or key objects are immediately shown as icons on the map, whether you've noticed them or not. For me having to search for stuff is an important part of survival horror. Also didn't like that aiming crosshair and hud can't be toggled separately (they can in 7).

All of this is not...at all.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know on what I'll play. HDR in this game seems pretty good and PS4 Pro version was fine for me, PC has a ton graphical option seems like a really good port however I do not know how is with HDR on PC, heard there are a lot of issues. Will probably wait for DF full analysis to pick a platform.

Nov 13, 2017
I just played through it again after watching the E3 demo that this is based on. The combo locks have all been changed, and the locks on Leon's desk were removed entirely. Was hoping to get that extended magazine and magnum bullets. Oh well. Two more weeks!

lol that's really fucking stupid. guess I'll wait until I've finished cooking then

It stops when you're paused, but it doesn't stop when you're in a menu. It also doesn't stop when watching cutscenes, so skip them if you want to play again with more time.

spunodi

Oct 27, 2017
I think I spent too much time looking around - went to go upstairs before it timed out. Love the trailer that you get.

Cool thing on PS4 is that the light colour from the control pad reflects your level of damage! Reminds me a little of the VMU usage in the Dreamcast port :)

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Still debating on whether or not I should bother with this demo. It would primarily be just to test out performance at the best settings I can get on PC, but then the release version might be slightly more optimized. I don't really want to see anything more than I already have of the game before its released. I already know I'm going to like it.

Also, I know it's been set in stone for a while now, but I still can't get over how much the new Leon really doesn't resemble him much at all other than the hair somewhat. Some are suggesting that it's fine because the original PSX version could have been interpreted as anything, yet we've seen him in plenty of other games and forms of media since, and he's been pretty consistent.

Just played and it's great! The atmosphere, 60fps, Japanese language track, the gore. I'll have to see if there's an option to map run to a face button because I don't like having to us L3.

Yuck. Should be on PC at least (I hope). I can't stand using L3 and R3 with the way it seems to be implemented in most games. It's especially bad when you have to use L3 to sprint. I guess one of the new uses for the buttons is the flashlight, so it replaces something from the old scheme?

Last edited: