• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beat the demo in 23min on XB1X. The looks tremendous with the lighting and faces being the real standout to me. I'm really impressed and will definitely play through this after I beat Kingdom Hearts 3.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Well, that was stressful! It felt like playing RE2 for the first time, but more tense and scarier. Awesome. I played on PS4 Pro, it looks great but washed out. Also, I hope there will be an option to turn off the motion blur because it looks terrible (as if your tv had a shitty response time and ghosting.)

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I took my time taking in every little detail and ran out of time right after I picked up the shotgun :/

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
I enjoyed my brief 30 minutes of the demo immensely even though I was only able to get to the
Library portion.

I don't have any real complaints other than the puzzle with the
three dials and the notebook which had arrows that pointed to several different shape combinations. I felt like such an idiot after I wasted like 6 of my precious demo minutes trying to solve such a simple puzzle. I still enjoyed every second though so I suppose it wasn't time wasted.

So my only one complaint was just me being stupid, but otherwise this game is shaping up to be a masterpiece. January 25th, please hurry up and be today!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just did an all kills no damage run of the demo. I really hope the zombies are way more of a threat on hard mode.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Went from a lot of emotion during these 30 minutes..... in good and a bad way.....

First tell me this is the easy mode, because wow i was destroying/head shooting the zombies with no issues.... never got hit once, and not even near.... which suprise me a lot. So the sense of danger and fear mention here was totally missing for me. At the end of the demo i had plenty of ammo for my gun, and never i've felt in a survivor horror. This is not good, so far BUT these wood plank thing make me wonder if thing will get nightmarish later on.. we'll see.

I did like the fact that everyhting look metroidvania-ish, at first i was disappointed, felt really linear, but after 20 minutes thing got really nice, a lot of side puzzle appears, exploration got much much better. Graphic were good, sound with headset too, love the lighting and the zombies varieties, not a lot of repeat so far. Shooting feel good, love the fact that you never really know if the zombie is dead or not.

When the ending screen appear, i was really sad, i wanted more.... i'm think i'm sold, i really looking foward "harder mode" to add tension to that.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a run on PS4. Didn't finish, was having too much fun just taking my time. They really nailed the feel of old school Resident Evil. Can't wait for the launch, Capcom has prepared quite the gift for my 30th birthday.

Time for another go on my Xbox.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Need not worry. It's going to take a lot longer to get to that shotty in the full game. The access card will not be placed in the same location.

In short, some of the item placements have been shuffled around and optimized for the abridged 30-minute demo experience.
That's good to know.

Also: remake Dino Crisis like this. Like, do it do it.

do it.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
30 min flew by. I feel like I barely got to do anything. But every aspect is perfect.

Why does this have to be two weeks away :(

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, in the options menu, we could select the color of the lasersight. Is there a way to switch to lasersights for every weapon?

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Im guessing raised black levels are on purpose so you can see the environments. The 3D headphones work well, seeing a trend, BFV also implements it. Is Dolby Atmos supported on Xbox, that would make the game even more terrifying.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is the 3D audio exactly? Do I need a special pair of headphones for that? If yes, would I need to turn the setting off should I use a non-3d-audio-compatible pair of headphones?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Meh this demo is a huge tease. I felt pressured the entire way through because of the extremely limited allocation of time. Not sure why they couldn't have just removed the time limit or, at the very least, allowed for unlimited retries after the time expires.

It's an impressive remaster for sure, but this demo doesn't make me want to buy the game day one.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really hope they show how retail console builds look now. Very confused about the platform to pre order on.
Ps4 already has the audio advantage for me.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
The knife degrading after use is just mean. I know that there was another one in the item locker but still.

I really fucking hate this mechanic. I know it's there so you don't just kill every enemy with better mobility or knee shots then stabbing, but it fucking sucks.

Ran out of time on the demo but it was fun. Nothing changed my plan of renting upon release though. Seems like it'll be a fun weekend playthrough.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Really hope they show how retail console builds look now. Very confused about the platform to pre order on.
Ps4 already has the audio advantage for me.

Xbox has exactly the same options plus Dolby Atmos. How has the PS4 an advantage?

I just hope the brightness issue in HDR and even SDR gets sorted.

Contranova

Oct 26, 2017
NYC
I just finished the demo to the library part and I have to say, it's been a while since I've genuinely gasped, screamed and jolted in front of my tv while playing a videogame. The atmosphere truly captures what made RE2 back in the day so special, and somehow making it feel super modern. Bravo to the team at Capcom but now I need to find someone to play the full game with as I am a chicken! =)

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I love how you can/have to retrieve your knife after doing a grab counter. It adds a sense of scrappy desperation to combat

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've now played on both PC and PS4. When playing this game with a mouse, it's so much easier it's impossible to overstate. I don't think that this problem is really solvable design-wise, it just is what it is, but in a game where so much is based on making every shot count the mouse advantage is extreme. The mouse damn near trivializes it.

That said, it's a single player game so everyone should just do what they want. Personally I'll be playing on PS4 on release just like the old days

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Xbox has exactly the same options plus Dolby Atmos. How has the PS4 an advantage?

I just hope the brightness issue in HDR and even SDR gets sorted.

I said for me.
I dont have anything that supports atmos. Just a regular 5.1 setup and ps platinum headsets. The reason i said so was because the game also has binaural audio which means ill be se sticking to headphones. The ps marketing might also make them add a custom audio profile for the headsets.

Jun 26, 2018
I didn't get very far, but I really enjoyed it, seems like a good gameplay continuation from 7.

I really like how you can't quite tell if the zombies are dead until they fall over and stay down.

I wish there was a melee separate from the knives, found my self wanting to check if corpses were alive and didn't want to waste bullets on it.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the demo with 40 seconds to spare, no deaths. Wasn't aware of the knife degradation, so had no idea why I couldn't get it back after defensive stabbing a second zombie with it (thought it just wasn't dead yet). Less concerned about the amount of effort needed to kill a single zombie even with headshots compared to what I expected, also managed to kill that zombie feeding in the library with a single shot from the top of the ladder. There was a decent amount of weight to the movement.

Nice to see it's 60FPS on base PS4 as well. Using the light bar to indicate health status is a nice touch.

Last edited:

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get very far, but I really enjoyed it, seems like a good gameplay continuation from 7.

I really like how you can't quite tell if the zombies are dead until they fall over and stay down.

I wish there was a melee separate from the knives, found my self wanting to check if corpses were alive and didn't want to waste bullets on it.

The Dead Space stomp was the best thing ever. Every game needs it

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The fat zombie cop trying to get into the vending machine was too funny. Shaun of the Dead type shit.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Fucking hell that was awesome. This is exactly what I wanted after all these years. :D

Made it to the end of the demo without dying, too. They really spruced up the station, it threw me for a loop when I tried to work off my memory of the original layout. lol

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered before but do Zombies respawn/ stand up after a certain time or are they dead dead once they're on the floor?

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
The knife degrading is pretty great to be honest. For a while I assume they were going to let you use RE4/5 tactics and that just made me sad.

I'm just crossing my fingers for a good difficulty mode to help with item scarcity and general health.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The time limit was cracked on PC. Gave me enough time to work on a shoddy freecam.

AfRENH.jpg

AfRtXe.jpg

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
What is the 3D audio exactly? Do I need a special pair of headphones for that? If yes, would I need to turn the setting off should I use a non-3d-audio-compatible pair of headphones?
Nope you just need normal headphones. It's positional audio so you only hear the sounds from the direction they come from and in that specific ear.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
sometimes when i go back i see them up again

the Ui team did one hell of a job made the gameplay so much better for me.

No the zombie is dead dead if it head is exploded for they are completely disintegrated. It is just that sometime it pretend to be dead and you might think you have kill it.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Wow. I am very impressed. These 30min left me wanting. So smooth, great graphics and the atmosphere is great as well!
Might grab this day one, even though I wanted to work on my backlog before I buy more games.

gamer forever

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Way too blurry and bright. Hdr doesn't seem to work properly like in rdr2. Looks like minimal last gen remaster. Budget purchase for £10 if its not fixed.