• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I'm a massive fan of JRPG's, I couldn't bring myself to play more than a few hours of the original Breath of Fire. Subplots just happened and were over and nothing felt like it had any impact. The pacing hurt it a lot and it made it hard for me to care much about doing anything.

That being said, though, I know they're pretty popular for an un-popular JRPG series so I hope the series gets brought back (hopefully fully remade) so I can give enjoying the series another chance.

Wait, you just played the very first game in the series and gave up?

The later games are way better.

4 and Dragon Quarter are amazing.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Where are the new IP though? :(

Capcom has so much in their closet, they really don't need to bother at this point. Stuff like Onimusha, Breath of Fire, Dino Crisis, and others would effectively be new IP's these days. Especially if they're reboots.

However, it seems their new IPs might be aimed at smaller fare. Stuff like Shinsekai on Apple Arcade is a new IP and it's said to be quite good as well.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ejFDUu8.jpg

"the fuck are you goobers doing"

Mar 19, 2019
Wait, you just played the very first game in the series and gave up?

The later games are way better.

4 and Dragon Quarter are amazing.

Yeah, that's bum on me. Call it a cute little quirk of mine but I hate to move on to newer games in a series unless I finish the original (or some version of the original). I always like to go through series in order, and if I hit a roadblock along the way that's usually it for me.

I'll try giving it (and later games in the series) another chance though. I've played this many JRPG's at this point, may as well power through Breath of Fire and potentially find an unexpected gem.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Gorgeous games that played amazing with no bs modern game industry tactics. And we're getting more of them? Wow

Capgod is back

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Itsuno's Retweet...

Could be nothing.

COULD BE EVERYTHING.

I would not be surprised to see Itsuno working on Rival Schools now. He's been wanting to go back to that series for awhile now and the Recent Tokyo Store having that series right in the center despite no recent games or appearances really sticks out.

Are those numbers updated? DMC5 has to be over 2.1M by now.

They're old numbers, the real update for current numbers will be a bit later.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I would not be surprised to see Itsuno working on Rival Schools now. He's been wanting to go back to that series for awhile now and the Recent Tokyo Store having that series right in the center despite no recent games or appearances really sticks out.

They're old numbers, the real update for current numbers will be a bit later.

Yup. He also said he wants to work on something a bit smaller after putting in so much time and effort into DMC5.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yup. He also said he wants to work on something a bit smaller after putting in so much time and effort into DMC5.

He did? That puts even more possibility on the table. As Dragons Dogma 2 would be a pretty big project.
A Rival Schools Remake or HD title Remaster could probably be considered "small" depending on the approach. especially compared to something like DMC5.

Eterno

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
A new Breath of Fire is the obvious direction here. Lack of JRPGs and great IP, I dunno what they're waiting for. Rival Schools was so much fun too.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I actually want to see Itsuno and co. tackle a new IP but I guess this makes financial sense. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2017
Breath of Fire collection with a fucking revised script for BoF II
Battle Network collection
Dino Crisis collection
Ghost Trick x Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney spin offs collection
Lost Planet collection
Sengoku Basara collection
God Hand HD

LET'S GO

Where are the new IP though? :(
On mobile.

Or only in Japan

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Dino crisis should take on the mantle of Capcom's premier action survival game. Get the RE5/6 shit out of my RE franchise.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 2 remake is the best thing Cacpom has done in years. Resident Evil 2 remake is the Resident Evil 4 of this gen.