• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The updated designs for Leon and Claire are perfect, imo. I have faith that they'll do a great redesign for Ada.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
As long as she is still wearing something red-ish i'll be cool with it.

I also hope it won't end up like
Chris-Redfield-Resident-Evil-7-625x352.jpg
What is this about?

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
RE2 Ada was actually pretty practical, later versions of the costume with the heels and fishnets obscured the fact that the original is pretty down to earth - just wearing pants and flats.

Still, I'm looking forward to her 'noir' look.
I really like this one

Very sexy and suave look

I also like her alternative costume 1 in RE4, with the same kind of red dress and stockings, but also with the belt to hold her gear, looks super badass but also a little unreasonable.

Building off of that or this and adding a coat, I like that idea, like a trenchcoat someone already mentioned

I personally don't mind this look it looks like a real person and not a cartoon person

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
To be honest Ada's design was from a time where women were hypersexualized in games. I'm actually glad some devs are growing up and realizing they don't need to put semi-naked characters for horny nerds. I love the idea of a "detective" Ada a lot, plus it makes sense.
I mean I wouldn't call either Claire or Ada "sexualized" in RE2

(RE3 Jill you might have a point)

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I personally don't mind this look it looks like a real person and not a cartoon person
I don't think its a bad character design. But its definitely not Chris. Like the 2nd image that came up when I google "Chris Redfield cosplay" looks a billion more times like him than the guy in RE7.
chris_redfield_resident_evil_5_by_maicoumaniezzo-d5a0bln.jpg

They could have made a guy that looks like Chris but more realistic if they actually tried to

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait to see how Ada looks!

BTW, has anything been mentioned about a possible Mercenaries or Extreme Batlle mode?

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
I don't think its a bad character design. But its definitely not Chris. Like the 2nd image that came up when I google "Chris Redfield cosplay" looks a billion more times like him than the guy in RE7.
chris_redfield_resident_evil_5_by_maicoumaniezzo-d5a0bln.jpg

They could have made a guy that looks like Chris but more realistic if they actually tried to.
I think the difference is more his hair a bit and the clothes more than anything else though.

He just looks like some dude with a bunch of gear, and then in RE7 it's just a jacket. That's just imo tho

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
NotAHero___2.0.jpg

He doesn't look like Chris, but neither RE5 Chris looked like Code Veronica's. They were not even remotely similar. Even his RE6 incarnation had him with a different hair colour.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Our model agency was out of Chinese models,
Oops Asians as well
please enjoy
latest

"I'm Wong"
I'd cry haha.
I think the difference is more his hair a bit and the clothes more than anything else though.

He just looks like some dude with a bunch of gear, and then in RE7 it's just a jacket. That's just imo tho
Yeah, I think its his facial structure and hair for me. I'm fine with him not being a hulk anymore though.

DMSsLG8WAAMoDIT.jpg

Like if they gave him a more defined jaw and darker hair (they did more than that in this pic but those are the 2 things that make him look to0 different to me) then he'd look alot more like he did in his first 3 games.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
NotAHero___2.0.jpg

He doesn't look like Chris, but neither RE5 Chris looked like Code Veronica's. They were not even remotely similar. Even his RE6 incarnation had him with a different hair colour.
Remake looked like RE1 gameplay Chris, 5 used Remake face for the base.
Even Vendetta which was completely different still looked enough like Chris in the way Remake 2 Leon does(though not as good).

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ada was attending a furry convention before the outbreak and will be in a giant bipedal cat costume for the entire game.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
I like how Chris looked in RE7. His look in other games is cookie-cutter, brown haired white dude. And in the rendering above, he looks like a fashion model. lol.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
I'd cry haha.

Yeah, I think its his facial structure and hair for me. I'm fine with him not being a hulk anymore though.

DMSsLG8WAAMoDIT.jpg

Like if they gave him a more defined jaw and darker hair (they did more than that in this pic but those are the 2 things that make him look to different to me) then he'd look alot more like he did in his first 3 games.
Understandable cool comparison too nice share

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's that weird that people would want to revise some elements when remaking a game a zillion years later.

To take a much more extreme example, I imagine if Obsidian remade Planescape Torment, it would have majorly redesigned character designs for just about everyone.

They were pretty clear that they were moving a back to a slightly more stylized look for the series as you see with the rest of the characters in the game.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
RE5/6 were trash so they soft rebooted the series. Seems inline with him in REmake.

latest

Now look at RE7 chris compared to this abomination

Chris-Redfield-video-games-40268061-500-415.jpg
Yeah If they gave Re7 Chris a stronger jaw and darker hair I think he would have looked pretty similar to how he looked in REmake and the other early games

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the remainder that we forever lost the sexy hunk aka Chris Redfield :(

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol I dunno why people are complaining about RE7 Chris when the fucker looks totally different every other game

Oct 25, 2017
Now look at RE7 chris compared to this abomination
Chris-Redfield-video-games-40268061-500-415.jpg
latest

latest

REV_UE_1st_130122_ch_chris_0004_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Lol I dunno why people are complaining about RE7 Chris when the fucker looks totally different every other game
Certainly isn't true.
REmake(2002)->RE5(2009) same face widened to fit build and aged, lost the 90's hairstyle->RE6(2012) aged further, shorter hair.
Revelation 1's is RE5, Revelation 2's is RE6,
MvC3 and MvCI is RE5
Mercs3D is RE5
PXZ is Revelations 1
Darkside Chronicles is a midpoint between REmake and RE5
latest

Vendetta is weird CG but clearly based on RE5 Chris

Last edited:

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
RE2 Ada was actually pretty practical, later versions of the costume with the heels and fishnets obscured the fact that the original is pretty down to earth - just wearing pants and flats.

Still, I'm looking forward to her 'noir' look.
Yeah, this still looks pretty practical to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Chris' Remake to 5 face really isn't as big a change as people think
3AmdLL0.png

The regular costume and body build just really throws it off