• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"It goes back to the same thing of, what would look natural to be wandering around in a photo-realistic environment in?" Kadoi said. "I think wandering around in that dress just getting on with your job as a spy probably doesn't look as realistic and believable as we want in this new game.
But she's wearing heels during an ongoing crisis.

latest
yb1yKh5.gif

Ada OG outfit dlc incoming?

I see you, capcom.
Please don't wish it with a price gate if you are.

I'm totally fine with the clothes from the concept art
Yeah, this attempt of actually make another attempt at what they wanted to do is a main objective with this remake. I really want to see how much 1.5 is in this game.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
mM37Uryh.jpg

Her design seems to be her wearing a beige trenchcoat, kinda like one of her old concept arts from RE2:

AaiHVtj.png

Capcom has stated they weren't looking at ideas in RE 1.5 while making the remake, but the remake has several ideas from 1.5.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Ada could wear anything really, she was also acting undercover in order to get information from Umbrella so she could have been anything.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was an interview I think a few months back? Not sure where to pull it up because there's been so many. But yeah, I've noted several influences so far. Just recently Birkin saying "Sherry!" in his mutated form just like from 1.5.

Technically he did that in Darkside Chronicles, but yeah, they still originally took that from RE1.5. Either way, I'm happy for the callbacks to 1.5. It's a major part of Resident Evil 2's development history even if it was never released.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
But she's wearing heels during an ongoing crisis.

I didn't notice her remake costume had heels - given that she was wearing flats in her original RE2 look, justifying it with 'realism' is kind of funny. I think with this and Claire, it's more they didn't want the characters looking too 90s.

Oct 25, 2017
I laughed way too hard at this, the movie sounds like dumpster fire too given their treatment of her there.
There is enjoyment to be had but her treatment is horrendous especially when her return was a selling point of it.

Um just to clarify, that's just his appearance in the RE timeline, not the release of each game. You're on the mark, 2009 was peak dudebro shooter and Chris definitely was changed to reflect the market interests when RE5 came out.
I was going to respond to that as well until I remembered that

was actually 2005 as well.

As long as she's wearing red and she's still Asian, I'll be happy. Though her RE2 outfit was completely fine, the UC rendition was incredibly weird, I always preferred the original.

Also we don't talk about RE7 Chris.
Wasn't he only chosen because he was the closest model to Chris from the one specific agency they used? And they didn't think it'd be a big deal?
I mean the guy has dark blonde hair, he looks nothing like the established Chris look, at all. They even replaced Roger Craig Smith....
pretty much,
he was the most Chris looking guy the agency had so they went with him.
they expected some complaints but nowhere near what they have gotten.
New voice actor just amplified how bad it was and on top of that MvCI and Vendetta both were around with a Chris people actually wanted.

Chris' redesign has been mentioned in multiple interviews for REmake 2 as them trying to be closer to the character for the fans.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Um just to clarify, that's just his appearance in the RE timeline, not the release of each game. You're on the mark, 2009 was peak dudebro shooter and Chris definitely was changed to reflect the market interests when RE5 came out.

Ah, my mistake. Personally, I prefer the original Chris model.

EDIT:
I didn't notice her remake costume had heels - given that she was wearing flats in her original RE2 look, justifying it with 'realism' is kind of funny. I think with this and Claire, it's more they didn't want the characters looking too 90s.

Agreed. If she's going to wear heels in the remake, she should at least ditch them at some point, since they're aiming for realism. Dress wouldn't be any more of a hindrance to movement than pants, unless it's tight. After all, the Scottish warriors in Braveheart did just fine in kilts.

Last edited:

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it was an interview I think a few months back? Not sure where to pull it up because there's been so many. But yeah, I've noted several influences so far. Just recently Birkin saying "Sherry!" in his mutated form just like from 1.5.

Yeah, I really dont know why they're saying they arent taking anything from 1.5 when its very clear they are. Ada's appearance, the Birkin cry, the Elza skin for Claire... There are quite a bunch of ideas from 1.5 and proto RE2 that they're using here.

I'm actually very glad they are, since it will add some changes that keep it being a carbon copy of RE2 and most fans seem to be on board with it to, so I'm not sure why they're trying to deny they are.

OP
OP
AdaWong

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Ayyy ERA fam we made it to a magazine article lmao! PC Gamer:

via PC Gamer:
Here's why Capcom has redesigned Ada Wong's look for Resident Evil 2 Remake

[...]Interestingly, some fans have noticed that if you lighten the still taken from the Remake trailer, Ada's trenchcoat looks similar to a concept art design from the original game.

Here, take a look at the two images side by side:
L6HxVmaxUcbAUjF4GzaUJ6-650-80.jpg

Image source credit: Kyle Cross, Resetera

Commenters on the Resetera thread seem mostly content with the proposition to restyle Wong—providing she retains something "red" as homage to her iconic look—but some hope her original outfit will be available by way of DLC or an unlockable costume.

Others are less pleased, of course. "Man screw all this realism," said onecommenter.

Kyle Cross and Sanox out here getting shoutouts

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Ayyy ERA fam we made it to a magazine article lmao! PC Gamer:

via PC Gamer:

Kyle Cross and Sanox out here getting shoutouts

Lol if I had known I was going to get quoted I would have elaborated on it more..

Oh well point still stands not a fan of too much going for realism. I just worry the fun of the series might be left behind a bit too much. Not to mention I cannot imagine a realistic Ada as she was always the most movie like character being the sexy spy and all and she always had a rather stylized face

Oh yeah and I guess maybe her outfit won't even be that different. Given her heels and the coat, she pretty much only can be wearing a dress or a skirt as I can't imagine she is wearing shorts

Last edited:

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
RE4's Ada is my favorite design by far considering her face alone, but in terms of actual clothes...

Everyone seems to be forgetting RE: Damnation Ada for some reason.
32649360281_5864530eag8d8p.jpg

tumblr_oe5b8fk5911v3bprdh5.jpg

Yeah i think that's the best one, so classy and stylish, really fits her personality.

But so far i really like not only the direction/approach of REmake 2, but the brief look we've seem from Ada seems very fitting, while bringing a "noir" vibe that i really love as well.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Lol if I had known I was going to get quoted I would have elaborated on it more..

Oh well point still stands not a fan of too much going for realism. I just worry the fun of the series might be left behind a bit too much. Not to mention I cannot imagine a realistic Ada as she was always the most movie like character being the sexy spy and all and she always had a rather stylized face

Oh yeah and I guess maybe her outfit won't even be that different. Given her heels and the coat, she pretty much only can be wearing a dress or a skirt as I can't imagine she is wearing shorts
the fun of the series comes from the gameplay system, not from the amount of hot pants the characters possesses. They change designs ALL the time, I don't see how it's an issue today. Resident Evil was always steeped in realism, always.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I laughed way too hard at this, the movie sounds like dumpster fire too given their treatment of her there.
It's not that bad. Sure, she is kidnapped and has to be rescued but at the same time

She creates the vaccine that stops the A virus, it even turns zombified people back to normal. Which is dumb in its own way when you think about it. Lots of people probably ate their loved ones and remember it. Talk about trauma for life.

OP
OP
AdaWong

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
LMFAO now Eurogamer is reporting on us! We're so iconic:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-reckon-theyve-seen-ada-wongs-new-look-before

Via Eurogamer
The Resident Evil 2 remake features new looks for all the major characters, including Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield and of course fan-favourite spy Ada Wong.

Developer Capcom has revealed these new looks in trailers and screenshots - but so far we've only caught a glimpse - and I mean a glimpse - at Ada Wong's new threads. Ada popped up briefly during Resident Evil 2 remake's E3 2018 trailer with an image that showed a silhouette.
Now, eagle-eyed fans have brightened up this image to reveal a more detailed look at Ada in the Resident Evil 2 remake - and we can see clearly that she has ditched her famous red dress fans of the 1998 original will remember well.

ResetEra user Kyle Cross published the image, below, which shows Ada wearing what looks like a beige trenchcoat.

jpg

Kyle Cross compares this to Ada Wong concept art for the original Resident Evil 2, which shows the mysterious spy donning a beige trenchcoat.
ada_again.png

Make that two mentions in gaming articles, Kyle Cross !
There's also a Jawmuncher tweet in the article. Come through Resetera members

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
I really think the designers are doing a great job of sifting through the the heart RE2 and getting rid of the dated stuff that doesn't work well now.

Gah I'm just so excited by what I've seen and heard from the developers so far!

Oct 25, 2017
I hope if Ada gets her own playable thing that
latest

is an alt costume.(they can cut the exposed midriff from the final design)

Last edited: