• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
I really liked Resident 7...

But in my head its a different game from another series. It wasn't a Resident Evil for me (the level design and general mood yes, but nothing else).

Im very glad to see this reaction to RE2. Follow up projects will probably mantain the "you can actually see the protagonist" camera.
Strange way to say third person.

Oct 25, 2017
RE2 Peak concurrent players number had increased to 72K today , It is now a quadruple ( 4x ) of RE7 Peak numbers

RE2Steamstat9.JPG
Good for them.

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Capcom can rediscover the same magic for the FG division, because most big IP have been able to surpass them in the last 2 years. I know SFV and Marvel Infinite were made while they were low on money, but goddamn was it a struggle to get both game off the ground lol. For the time being, RE 2 will become the highest selling title when you combine the remake + original sales even if it's not the exact same game and will probably be counted separately?

DMC 5 should easily be the highest selling entry in the series given the momentum that they possess.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Capcom can rediscover the same magic for the FG division, because most big IP have been able to surpass them in the last 2 years. I know SFV and Marvel Infinite were made while they were low on money, but goddamn was it a struggle to get both game off the ground lol. For the time being, RE 2 will become the highest selling title when you combine the remake + original sales even if it's not the exact same game and will probably be counted separately?

DMC 5 should easily be the highest selling entry in the series given the momentum that they possess.
Yep, DMCV should similar success.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved. Capcom is killing it with January releases. RE7, MHW, RE2....it's great to see them back like this.

Feb 3, 2018
So Resident Evil 3 remake is already in the bag right ?

If they do just as good of a job with that as with this game then I am really looking forward to it.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Well deserved. Have been playing it and the game's brilliant, it oozes quality and charm. I hope it's doing well on every platform, Capcom have earned as much!

I enjoyed Resident Evil 7, but didn't feel the first-person added anything to the game if you weren't in VR so I'd rather them stick to the third-person camera in future installments like it is here. I wouldn't be unhappy at seeing another first-person Resi though, as long as this quality is maintained.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
first person actually fits the horror genre much better to me than third person since it's far more immersive but I still prefer resident evil to stick with 3rd person view since that's what it's known for. Capcom should just do another horror series separate from resident evil that is first person

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
Looks like they've finally got rid of the stink of the "CAPCPOM" days. Monster Hunter World was fantastic and RE2 is equally excellent (if not even more so).

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Glad to see its success. RE2 is great and finally a return to classic RE. And while I enjoyed RE7 VR, it was only because it was in VR. That adds a whole different element to it. It doesn't feel even feel like RE, but becomes its own thing which is pretty great. The first person shift is basically the biggest shift the series has gone through, and I'm not a fan of it continuing at the expense of third person RE. So moving forward, I'd hope they continue building off and evolving what we have in RE2 for RE8 onward, and making first person RE side entries. But the first person games should be VR enabled because I think that's where the potential is for them.
Honestly all Resident Evil games should strive to add VR support. I'm sure it's just a matter of it not being worth the investment right now, but I imagine it would be with RE8 onwards.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, there are some stuttering issues going on though it seems to run very well with 9 year old CPUs.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
When you have games that are as far apart from each other as REmake and 6 I find it strange people still keep bringing up nonsense about 7 feeling like it's from a different series. Some people are really hung up on the first person view...

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure?

As an action shooer, RE6 is pretty unique and found ground between western third person shooters and Asian action games that noone else has gone down. Whilst over the past two generations we had Dead Space 1&2 (let's skip 3), Alien: Isolation, RE7 & RE:Rev2, The Evil Within 1&2 and a a swarm of indie titles exploring survival horror from first, third and fixed camera perspectives.

Ok, it would be great if there was more of them, and more higher quality & profile, but it's not been a vacuum either.
[/QUOTE]

Re6 is unique in the fact that it isn't at all fun. I'll give you that!

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
When you have games that are as far apart from each other as REmake and 6 I find it strange people still keep bringing up nonsense about 7 feeling like it's from a different series. Some people are really hung up on the first person view...

Especially since the game intentionally tries to misdirect you into thinking it's a totally new thing before becoming increasingly Resident Evily by the end of the game.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
They honestly deserve it, since if you look at RE6, it is incredible to see the turnaround. Also regarding the mainline series and the remakes, I think the first person view will stay with the mainline games for now at least. I think they're pretty happy and proud regarding the success of RE7, and then have the third person view for the remakes.

It's a nice balance Capcom have been trying to find for a while now.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Just keep giving that studio more money, they know what they're doing.

So Dino Crisis remake when?