• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think we're putting the cart before the horse in expecting anything RE2make to be RE3make related. Project Resistance is already announced and assuredly coming sooner than RE3, so if RE2 is getting any sorts of updates to tie it into upcoming games, ProRes is almost definitely it. I think we might see more ProRes details/release date announced at TGAs.
Ah you're totally right. ProRes would logically make more sense, but wouldn't necessarily explain the 1 achievement in RE2remake as i'm certain that would be standalone unless they were bundled together with RE3 perhaps.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I don't think it will be anything too massive, it would spoil RE3's hype i think. it will just be something minor to tease RE3.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Hate that we all noticed this. Literally refreshing Resetera to either be extremely excited or disappointed

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
It was being talked about in a RE Discord I'm in, I can't check but they were sharing and wanted to post it here so I said I would. This said, I do think more digging needs to be done for further confirmation, there was a Russian screenshot shared but I believe it was proven to be a misunderstanding when looking for it.

Any chance of an invite to the discord?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Hate that we all noticed this. Literally refreshing Resetera to either be extremely excited or disappointed

No kidding.

I've been imagining a remake of RE1 in this engine, with the tutorial part being a playable investigation of Bravo Team's crashed helicopter and it is not good for me because I want it more than anything.

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
No kidding.

I've been imagining a remake of RE1 in this engine, with the tutorial part being a playable investigation of Bravo Team's crashed helicopter and it is not good for me because I want it more than anything.

I'm exactly the same want this more then 3 TBH.

Remake 3
Remake 1
Then CV
Then 4

Zero maybe can stay how it was not sure its big enough

Feb 16, 2018
Hell yeah I hope they give us something here. RE2 is my GOTY and some new content would be amazing, especially a randomizer but I'll take what I can get.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
They sure are taking their sweet time with DLC for RE2 and DMCV.
I really hope its a big update for both games.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I've spent about 100 hours trying to get all the achievements and in-game rewards, and now because of this I won't get that cute flower/ribbon thing in my Steam UI 😿

...but seriously, man do I love this game! I'm crossing my fingers for a story-based DLC 🧘‍♂️

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
Looks like new dlc added to RE2 14 listed now

"There's still the strange updating and temp achievement going on with REmake 2, which still doesn't have an explanation from Capcom (REmake 2 was quietly updated again yesterday, by the way). All signs point to DLC, which fans are starting to become more and more convinced will be a prequel to REmake 3 that acts as demo (ostensibly). There's no way of confirming that particular speculation though, so don't get your hopes up for that being whatever is up with REmake 2. "

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like new dlc added to RE2 14 listed now

"There's still the strange updating and temp achievement going on with REmake 2, which still doesn't have an explanation from Capcom (REmake 2 was quietly updated again yesterday, by the way). All signs point to DLC, which fans are starting to become more and more convinced will be a prequel to REmake 3 that acts as demo (ostensibly). There's no way of confirming that particular speculation though, so don't get your hopes up for that being whatever is up with REmake 2. "
oooooooo shit

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
ELKfHaOXYAAr9a9

So RE2 still lists this hidden achievement. If this was a mess-up it would likely have been resolved by now after all the media attention.
With RE3 likely to be revealed at the SOP next week, it's possible this might be related to a RE3 demo or some other update related to RE3.

I bring this up because datamining for Capcom titles has been an issue for Capcom in the past. But depending on the implementation of said data as a "update" to an existing game could possibly help negate that to an extent. While it might be odd to have achievements related to a demo, the one shot demo for RE2 on Steam had achievements as well.

g84tq6v57ka21.png

Just something to think about as we all wait patiently for more news. Since whether it's a demo or not, SOMETHING is coming to RE2 soon.

Last edited:

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Playable Prologue were you play with Brad, and interact with Elliot and Marvin please!

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope is a prologue for RE3 that will act as a demo. Maybe the whole sequence of Jill escaping the apartment.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My guess would be a new camera angle, probably first person even though I'd want fixed more. Curious to see what else would be implemented that would account for 1 achievement. It would have to be some segue/prologue from RE2 to RE3 somehow especially considering the short release window and relevance of RE3 currently.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
It would be awesome if a demo is dropped right after TGA (I know that Geoff said that it 3 wouldn't be in the show but who knows)

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It would be awesome if a demo is dropped right after TGA (I know that Geoff said that it 3 wouldn't be in the show but who knows)
He said Resident Evil 3 would not be one of the "brand new game announcement", so technically RE3 could be there since it already got announced.
But yeah I doubt it will since he name dropped it before the game reveal. He wouldn't be allowed to acknowledge it, even to deny it, if it was supposed to appear in the show.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm like super hyped yet I have no expectations, what could it BE?
For some reason I'm not expecting a RE3 tie-in.