• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
My guess would be a new camera angle, probably first person even though I'd want fixed more. Curious to see what else would be implemented that would account for 1 achievement. It would have to be some segue/prologue from RE2 to RE3 somehow especially considering the short release window and relevance of RE3 currently.
First person would be awesome.

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
Won't be a new camera angle, and there is a FP mod for pc available but its a bit glitchy...

Just a story DLC im guessing if its only 1 achievement

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
achievement.PNG

Achievement is on Steam, no update though

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Ya know what close the thread did not see the old one LOL long day

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I feel like there's gonna be an update for the game as the third one is coming. Perhaps it's a DLC, otherwise, just an easter-egg

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is the letter even patched into the game yet or should we expect this before RE3 release?

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
RE3 hidden achievement:
Read a letter left behind by Claire.

Resident Evil:
Code Veronica

Releasing in 2021!

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Huh. I wonder what could this be? Maybe there adding new content to the base game?

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
I find it hard to believe they would go to the trouble to make a patch just to add one file.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
So it's a Resident Evil 3 Remake-related Achievement like I started recently thinking. either it's for some special Resident Evil 2 Remake DLC tying into it, or a Resident Evil 2 Remake achievement for pre-ordering or buying the game. Has to be one of the two.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So it's a Resident Evil 3 Remake-related Achievement like I started recently thinking. either it's for some special Resident Evil 2 Remake DLC tying into it, or a Resident Evil 2 Remake achievement for pre-ordering or buying the game. Has to be one of the two.
ya branching off this we could find the letter somewhere in the city in a brand new area opened up. maybe the apartments from the trailer.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm seeing some stuff on 4chan about this. Someone's claiming it's a Director's Cut release for the game that's being announced at the VGA's. Leak sounds fake as fuck though.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I feel like I found a letter by Jill in the main game already. Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else in the STARS office.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I found a letter by Jill in the main game already. Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else in the STARS office.
You find a letter Chris sent to Jill, Rebecca, Barry, Brad where he was talking like a horndog bro and Claire says it doesn't sound like Chris.
So it was implying it was coded for them.