• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Where is this Director's Cut rumor coming from?
Also, next gen RE is going to look too spooky for me. 😋

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Even 4chan rumor is fake.
I don't believe that Capcom did not talk about to Fixed 2nd/B Story after the game release.
Most people complain about it.

Last edited:

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I don't believe that Capcom did not talk about to Fixed 2nd/B Story after the game release.
I think that's a thing where they knew what the stakes were when they made the cut and aren't surprised fans are bummed about it. It's about logistics of producing AAA video games, and the chance they had was when they were making the core game, not afterwards and the game probably isn't really suited for expansion-content to the campaign in its code without actually changing the content there already is.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Even 4chan rumor is fake.
TBH that 4chan leak was a load of crap. I hope no one took that seriously. What was described is almost the equivalent of a brand new $60 game. I will say I was disappointed that we got ZERO DLC after Ghost Survivors when there were so many directions Capcom could of went. Thought we would get at least something other than a 3 sentence letter from Jill, but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hopefully this gets added to PC sooner rather than later. Was thinking of doing another playthrough before the holidays.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I will say this, is it not a little odd how Capcom has made ZERO mention of the Achievement/Jill's letter? Maybe it's just me, but I would figured they would of teased it somewhat

Nov 14, 2017
I will say this, is it not a little odd how Capcom has made ZERO mention of the Achievement/Jill's letter? Maybe it's just me, but I would figured they would of teased it somewhat
I believe their community manager said there'd be news on it "soon" a day or so before the achievement went live, but I don't know if they've officially commented on it since.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I believe their community manager said there'd be news on it "soon" a day or so before the achievement went live, but I don't know if they've officially commented on it since.

There's been zero acknowledgement from Capcom whatsoever, even after the patch for PS4 and Xbox.
Like you said, only the community manager said we would know more "soon", but nothing since.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, but they didn't make much mentions of the multiple times they updated the Beginning Hour demo either (or I don't recall it)

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
What should the DC contain? Extreme Battle would be neat. I miss it in the Remake.
I really just want updated A/B scenarios. I know that seems like a lot of work, but they don't even have to be as fleshed out as they were in the original. Just change the Birkin fights and make small changes to allow both runs to fit canonically with one another.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I really just want updated A/B scenarios. I know that seems like a lot of work, but they don't even have to be as fleshed out as they were in the original. Just change the Birkin fights and make small changes to allow both runs to fit canonically with one another.
Sounds like a nice idea. The A and B scenarios were to similar in the Remake I agree. They were way cooler in the original. I wonder why Capcom changed it to be more similar in Remake.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yeah, me too. An updated 2nd/B scenario *and* an item randomizer is what I'm seriously clamoring for. In regards to 2nd/B, I would like to see some new boss battles, cutscene changes (have the same story beats occur at different times & locations), and a different entry route into the lab like the original RE2 had. Sprinkle in some Ghost Survivor enemies like the Pale Heads & the missing moth enemy and RE2R would feel super complete, IMO.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Pretty sure the 2nd runs were added later due to fan requests and backlash when they announced no B scenarios.
I actually 100% agree. There is so minimally changed in the 2nd runs it feels like they were just racked on. Playing Leon's 2nd run and other than a few different enemy placements, up to the 2nd Birkin fight there is generally not much difference

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
I actually 100% agree. There is so minimally changed in the 2nd runs it feels like they were just racked on. Playing Leon's 2nd run and other than a few different enemy placements, up to the 2nd Birkin fight there is generally not much difference

Yeah its a nice way to kinda skip some back tracking i guess but they are just there for some extra playabilty really

D3M0N666

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
I think they will continue to update the demo for now as that prevents data mining the full game.

But we should get some sort of update for a gold edition soon, you would think Jan...

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Tz7SVqt.png

Steam Update is coming around 18th, same day as the Dev Q&A update about RE3.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I didn't know about the Q&A. Do you think it's possible they might announce the demo there?

They asked Resident Evil Ambassadors what they would like to know about RE3make and that they'll answer some of these question the 18th. I don't know it's going to be a livestream, a video or just some tweets tho.
I personally think it's too soon for a demo but I'm hoping for a surprise.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steam not getting the update until the 18th is interesting given the Capcom TV stream where they'll answer RE3 questions is that day too.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm kind of expecting this to be it, the main reason they seem to have pushed this update is just to put that RE3 store link on the main menu.

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
So the retail version of the game, regardless of platform, didn't get the "STARS" screaming added in, yes? Only the re-relased demo version has that? I didn't notice it when playing the game just yesterday.

seldead

Oct 28, 2017

Yep, I was a big fan of RE2 through my Claire A run but couldn't manage to finish Leon B because it seemed so much like a retread. I might pick up my play through again closer to RE3.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Yep, I was a big fan of RE2 through my Claire A run but couldn't manage to finish Leon B because it seemed so much like a retread. I might pick up my play through again closer to RE3.
I actually played it so much the first 3-4wks I stopped playing it for months. It was a big honeymoon phase where I didn't mind it at first, but I started seeing some cracks. I will say that in the past 2wks I picked it back up again and beat Leon/Claire 1st run, and Leon 2nd run on Hardcore. Still love the hell out of this game though.