• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I've got a question for this thread.
I'm on my first playthrough (Claire) and just got to a point where I'm not sure if I'll return to the police station... I also don't have the machine gun on me.
I got to the sewers. Mr. X just got torn up.
I never found that USB stick for the PC tower in the station... should I reload and go back 30 minutes to hunt it down? If so, can anyone give me any gentle hints on where this USB stick is? I'm guessing it's film or safe related. I'm trying not to straight-up spoil or ruin the fun.

There's a path in the sewers that will take you back to RPD, so don't worry. Shouldn't have trouble finding it if you like to poke around every room, but just in case here's a hint
It's behind a locker that you have to move

As for the USB stick, all I'll say is that there's a chance you may actually already have it.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
So a little easter egg I found out about that blew my mind

resident-evil-2-leon-desk.jpg

You see how there's a space between the L and C in Welcome

You can find an extra L that fell on a desk

Extra L? Why an L?

oZYuhgK.jpg

holy fucking obscure

Yeah reddit was talking about it the other day, but no one had a comparison picture with the original. Thank you!

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Leon A. It's a fantastic ride, only issue is they could have done some story elements better. Sometimes it is too sporadic in building up tension by documents to read and the interaction between Leon and Claire is not going to win any awards.
The rest is pretty much perfect.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Picking this up soon, back in the day I just played Leon and then Claire, but is there a canon order of things? Claire technically should be the first to play as, right?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watched someone do this and it didn't seem to make much of a difference for them.
It's a guarantee you'll never take damage in the room for the price of just a handful of handgun bullets. Granted dogs aren't too difficult to dodge but sometimes they will get a small bite off when you're opening the door. I feel like the ammo trade off is more than worth it.

Garuda1One

Dec 11, 2017
So i finished leon A on standard and got an S.. should i continue to Claire B or Claire A ?
Can i find claire's raccoon on B ?

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. The very first time I encountered a licker in this game I tried to walk slowly past them and they still reacted. And I'm not sure I'd want to make the detour to kill them before triggering Mr. X if I'm trying to speedrun.

A lot of people think that the moment a licker makes noise that it has detected you. Just keep walking after the first screech, and you'll see that it senses your presence, but isn't actually going to aggro.

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reached chess room in sewers in around 50 minutes as Claire, going for Hardcore S+ B run, plenty of time left right?

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The screech they make just signals that they know you are there but they cant actually see you. Just keep it slow.

Jun 18, 2018
Just finished all the scenarios on Standard difficulty, but trying to find the enthusiasm for going through on Hardcore. I think the sewers and labs aren't interesting enough to make me excited about another playthrough. That DMCV demo could be the perfect palette cleanser.

Here's hoping the upcoming DLC will take us to new places.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
One thing I'd like to see is an alternate control option for defensive items. I think it'd be great if you could just use the dpad to select which defensive item you use on an enemy if they catch you in a hold, i.e. instead of just pressing "L1/LB" to respond with the currently equipped, if I could press up on the dpad to use my knife, left on the dpad to use a hand grenade, and right on the dpad to use a flashbang. I kind of think the way it works now where you just press L1 and expend your current item requires a little more foresight -- and I think affording the player a little bit of choice in the matter would elevate the combat in the game just a notch, and encourage me personally to carry a wider assortment of defensive items, where right now for inventory sake I try to keep it limited.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'd like to see is an alternate control option for defensive items. I think it'd be great if you could just use the dpad to select which defensive item you use on an enemy if they catch you in a hold, i.e. instead of just pressing "L1/LB" to respond with the currently equipped, if I could press up on the dpad to use my knife, left on the dpad to use a hand grenade, and right on the dpad to use a flashbang. I kind of think the way it works now where you just press L1 and expend your current item requires a little more foresight -- and I think affording the player a little bit of choice in the matter would elevate the combat in the game just a notch, and encourage me personally to carry a wider assortment of defensive items, where right now for inventory sake I try to keep it limited.

This doesn't address what you're suggesting, but you can change your equipped defensive item without having to go into the inventory. LB+d-pad can help change the defensive item on the fly. It still requires foresight, but it saves the step of opening up the inventory.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Just did my No Health Restoratives run on a victory lap of Standard Claire B using the minigun and rocket launcher. Goddamn it is so much fun just blazing through blasting dudes to pieces.

If DMCV can get me this obsessed with replaying the same game over and over the way I think it will it's gonna be hard picking GOTY. Hell, I think RE2 is already better in my eyes than any of the big budget titles of 2018.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This doesn't address what you're suggesting, but you can change your equipped defensive item without having to go into the inventory. LB+d-pad can help change the defensive item on the fly. It still requires foresight, but it saves the step of opening up the inventory.

Yeah, I knew about that -- I just wish I could respond to grabs with specific defensive items instead of having to swap ahead of an engagement, just so I maybe can use a hand grenade or flashbang instead of my knife if I get grabbed unexpectedly.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Just finished Leon A today, man this game is really good!

Gonna move on to Claire B tomorrow. And maybe also do Claire A followed by Leon B.

Also,

Was there an explanation on how did Ada survive the fall in Leon A?

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Just finished Leon A today, man this game is really good!

Gonna move on to Claire B tomorrow. And maybe also do Claire A followed by Leon B.

Also,

Was there an explanation on how did Ada survive the fall in Leon A?

It's unknown afaik. IIRC her falling in the OG version only happened in the Leon A scenario which is considered largely non-canonical. Instead, she gets
impaled by Mr. X's Tyrant form while protecting Leon in scenario B
and is presumed dead but finally survives.

How she actually lives in this is a mystery.

Oct 25, 2017
What are the tips for hardcore mode?

Like in general or for S/S+ runs? Aurc gave me tips on my specific situation, and where I was in my run.

In general though, know your way around the map, and don't waste ammo. If you know you're not going to come back to a location, don't bother killing enemies. Stagger them, which will take more bullets, then run away. If you're not going for an S+ run, save often with the ink ribbons you find, but keep in mind that there are only 20+ in the game.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the tips for hardcore mode?
a great tip for hardcore mode is shoot the zombies in the leg. you have three options to use as needed:
-shoot in the leg to stun them to run past em. headshots are a waste of ammo in hardcore.
-if you need to come back to an area, immobilize them by shooting the leg till it falls off,
-if you need to completely kill them off, knife em after the leg falls off to finish em.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what happened, but the audio completely glitched out during the end of Claire B

Claire's voice and actions are all silent

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Same. How are so many people so good at this game lol
I have all the achievements but S+ hardcore still seems out of reach, 3 saves only is just too much

For me it was just a matter of memorizing puzzles and enemy placements, planning out an optimal path, managing inventory space and ammo consumption, and bashing my head against the last stretch of bosses over and over.