• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Is there any way to see all the files I've acquired in my different playthroughs ? I'm at 57/58 right now and I've no idea which one I've missed.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
One of the ones I missed when I was at 57/58 was a Sherry exclusive note just after she used the scissors to escape the room. There should be a note outside just before you climb up the horizontal shelves.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm trying to get an A on Claire's Hardcore, I've got 04:01:08.

1 minute 8 seconds over an A for Claire A Hardcore.

I wanna cry. My last two saves give me no leeway. :/ my last save before that is 3:20 before G2.

Im such a slow person lmao

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to see all the files I've acquired in my different playthroughs ? I'm at 57/58 right now and I've no idea which one I've missed.

I don't believe there is way to see that. If you have completed both B scenarios already, I think the one most commonly missed is the one down the stairs from the cable car. It mentions the combination to the safe being written on the side in chalk.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you should be good. I'm regretting making my second save in the beginning of the sewers rather than right before G2. He killed me twice already and was not expecting that part to be so difficult. Wasn't a problem with Leon
you should be fine. I usually do my 2nd save right before G2 and my 3rd save right before G3

The G monsters in the sewers still mess me up a lot though, even that very first one you encounter as Leon before you get to the control room. The entirety of NEST gives me much less trouble.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in the dark room now on the way to getting the jack, and I managed to grab both portable safes on the way here. 42 minutes. DMX ain't here yet either. I'm wondering if this is a circumstance where it might be worth it to still get that inventory upgrade, even on hardcore.

Edit: Decided not to do it after wasting two minutes just trying to solve one of them. Looks like I might be in the first main sewer save point at a little over an hour (I'm about to start Sherry's section right at 50 minutes).

Last edited:

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm playing this through for the first time, started with Leon. Something I'd rather know so I don't accidentally screw myself over - is there item 'sharing' between each character's respective opposite scenarios like in the original game? For example, the way in the original you can not take certain items in Leon's A scenario so you can pick them up in Claire's B scenario? The specific situation in the remake I'm wary of is

what if you take the items in the Safety Deposit room? Does this affect Claire's 'alternate' scenario when I come to eventually play it? If there are situations like this in the remake, are they signposted?

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing this through for the first time, started with Leon. Something I'd rather know so I don't accidentally screw myself over - is there item 'sharing' between each character's respective opposite scenarios like in the original game? For example, the way in the original you can not take certain items in Leon's A scenario so you can pick them up in Claire's B scenario? The specific situation in the remake I'm wary of is

what if you take the items in the Safety Deposit room? Does this affect Claire's 'alternate' scenario when I come to eventually play it? If there are situations like this in the remake, are they signposted?

Nope. They don't have the item sharing in this one.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

No. The characters aren't actually going through the same places and each story is a what if, alternative scenario. There are some intersections in places that make more or less sense with the other character leaving some notes during the second run (in the STARS office and in the sewers, the second one not making much sense at all but oh, well) but the general philosophy of the game is that the character you're not playing as isn't even following your same route so don't worry about the items.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nope. They don't have the item sharing in this one.
No. The characters aren't actually going through the same places and each story is a what if, alternative scenario. There are some intersections in places that make more or less sense with the other character leaving some notes during the second run (in the STARS office and in the sewers, the second one not making much sense at all but oh, well) but the general philosophy of the game is that the character you're not playing as isn't even following your same route so don't worry about the items.

Thanks! EDIT: and you others too!

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Saved for the last time at the beginning of NEST. 1:27. With a solid hour left I might check and see if I can afford to get that pouch in the nap room. That's usually like a two or three-minute detour right?

If the G3 fight goes wrong, re-doing NEST isn't that big a deal for me. The way I'm going now, by the time I reach G3 I should have enough acid rounds to almost trivialize him.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Saved for the last time at the beginning of NEST. 1:27. With a solid hour left I might check and see if I can afford to get that pouch in the nap room. That's usually like a two or three-minute detour right?

If the G3 fight goes wrong, re-doing NEST isn't that big a deal for me. The way I'm going now, by the time I reach G3 I should have enough acid rounds to almost trivialize him.
Looks like I was around your time, then I died 3 times to G2 and keep having to do the sewers again. Don't know why that fight is giving me so much trouble now

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Does Claire's second pistol have any use?
It can hold 26 bullets with an upgrade, and it has a laser sight which means you don't have to wait or stand still to wait for your aim reticle to shrink down. Because of this, it does as much damage as a fully-aimed SLS shot (her starting revolver) without having to sit and wait, since you actually do more damage when you wait for your reticle to fully shrink.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I was around your time, then I died 3 times to G2 and keep having to do the sewers again. Don't know why that fight is giving me so much trouble now

I ended up having quite a bit saved up. The biggest thing was to try to have a few flashbangs saved up so you could stun him long enough to get some shots in. From there, just use bullets and acid rounds.

Innuendo84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the cable car is the point of no return? Should I go back and clean the remaining areas? I'm hesitant, since I might loose ammo on random zombies.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
The last episode of ghost survivors is driving me mad. I get to like 80 and there are just too many damn enemies. It's freaking impossible to not get poisoned, flamethrower doesn't stun, spark shot is so god damn slow.

Rage.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I don't believe there is way to see that. If you have completed both B scenarios already, I think the one most commonly missed is the one down the stairs from the cable car. It mentions the combination to the safe being written on the side in chalk.

What a strange omission.

I've completed both scenarios for each character and got the file you mention, as well as, I believe, the other "easy to miss" ones (orphanage bathroom, lab reception board, lab computer next to herbicide area, etc).

Well, I've got a save right before G 2 which will allow me to comb through the police station as well as the sewers. I'm confident I got everything in the lab. Anyway it's kind of a pain in the ass to have to do that after completing the game 4 times already.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
The last episode of ghost survivors is driving me mad. I get to like 80 and there are just too many damn enemies. It's freaking impossible to not get poisoned, flamethrower doesn't stun, spark shot is so god damn slow.

Rage.
save that 2nd rocket launcher shot for as long as you can, and keep in mind that the zombies with explosive packs can drop them so you can save those explosives for later. Sparkshot can sort of chain but it's tough, alternatively, sparkshot is great against the pale zombies and the armored zombies.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking, it would have been awesome if there were a few Crimson Heads sprinkled throughout the game. Already turned ones, not zombies who have already died. No need for the burning mechanic.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking, it would have been awesome if there were a few Crimson Heads sprinkled throughout the game. Already turned ones, not zombies who have already died. No need for the burning mechanic.
considering the pale zombies in the dlc, I kind of wonder if they did try it but turned it down as it would've made the game a bit unfair, especially with X stalking you. Plus, zombies charge you at similar speeds to crimson heads anyways if you're doing well.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I believe there are two letters from Leon to Claire in B and vice versa Claire to Leon, amounting to 4 exclusive letters between both B campaigns. Did you miss any of them perhaps?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I just replayed RE1 (both Jill and Chris) and barely fought any because I killed only zombies in well-traveled areas and burned/headshot them all.

Oct 28, 2017
After playing the new DLC you know what I got to thinking? Maybe they should have had pale heads in the main game. I like the idea of zombies vulnerable to only a specific ammo type which is limited. They could have been a really well implemented enemy in the right places in the main game.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
There were 2 I missed at the lab, one at the reception on whiteboard and one in conference room after you get the chip from green house.

Got those two.

I believe there are two letters from Leon to Claire in B and vice versa Claire to Leon, amounting to 4 exclusive letters between both B campaigns. Did you miss any of them perhaps?

I guess it's possible I missed one of Claire's memos, I wasn't paying much attention to the files during my Leon B run.

I erased my saves with him so I'm fucked

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
After playing the new DLC you know what I got to thinking? Maybe they should have had pale heads in the main game. I like the idea of zombies vulnerable to only a specific ammo type which is limited. They could have been a really well implemented enemy in the right places in the main game.

Yup, the Pale Heads were an awesome addition to the DLC. I think they were in the concept art with that wheelchair creature and that zombie/licker hybrid. Hopefully its a sign of things to come with future DLC.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Got Claire S+ hardcore done. 2:05. I'm not one of those people trying to optimize a no-damage no-save knife run or anything.

Honestly the grenade launcher makes S+ not too difficult for Claire. I think I actually saved up every single acid round in the game until G3.

The real problem for me at least is gonna be Leon. The shotgun is honestly not a good replacement for the grenade launcher. It's very good against normal zombies but once you learn the game you never need to use it on normal zombies, which leaves lickers, G monsters, and bosses, the first two for which it's kind of shitty. It gets decent after the upgrades but that makes it take up more precious space. Finally, DMX towards the end is a motherfucker. Leon ends up being more reliant on grenades. Leon really doesn't have any advantages over Claire when you fully analyze things.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Finally started back up after a week. What are these things in the sewer. Dammit.
The G adults? In the original, there was only 1 and it was a boss fight. It's a regular enemy now. Fire/flame rounds work well against them, otherwise try to avoid them or aim for the gross sacks on their shoulder (left iirc).

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
My first hardcore S+ save with Leon is basically at 30 minutes, right before G1. Pretty much everything went wrong. I've used up every herb so far. With only 16 shotgun shells and a grenade and some bullets, I might legit try to knife G1 to death.

Oct 25, 2017
My first hardcore S+ save with Leon is basically at 30 minutes, right before G1. Pretty much everything went wrong. I've used up every herb so far. With only 16 shotgun shells and a grenade and some bullets, I might legit try to knife G1 to death.

A or B? If A, then you're good on time. As for the boss battle, you should be fine with what you have. You'll need to knife him at the beginning, but you actually have a ton of ammo to finish him off.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Got insta-killed by one of the Ivys after upgrading the wristband and now I have to start from the beginning of the sewers again FUCK

--
and after a good G2 fight I decided to just save at the beginning of NEST at 1:16

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
A or B? If A, then you're good on time. As for the boss battle, you should be fine with what you have. You'll need to knife him at the beginning, but you actually have a ton of ammo to finish him off.

A, but I lost a whole five minutes compared to Claire. I'm also realizing doing the portable safes is a little more justifiable for Leon since the shotgun upgrades and magnum make a bigger difference for him.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Claire HC S+ at 1:49! My time was a little faster than with Leon (1:56). I think I found Claire a little more difficult though

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
What's the best way to play the original game? Emulators? I kinda wish they ported it to the PS4.