• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Claire B and then did a quick run through Leon A again to get a Raccoon I missed in Ada's section. Ended up getting an S rank in that and thus landed the infinite handgun. Booted up another run to play around with that and the knife and it was a ton of fun being able to just destroy every zombie. I had some fun paying them back for all the hardship they caused me in earlier runs, taking off all of their arms and legs like a sadistic bastard :)

Just don't know if I got the guts for a hardcore run. Would be fun to have the RL and the minigun, though. Next on the agenda is 4th survivor and if I can finish that I'll do the Ghosts. Tried 4th a few times and didn't get very far, then watched some speedruns and...damn. Seems like people are dodging at the same spots I tried and got past whereas I got caught. Must be just a tad off on my timing. Will take any quick tips of anyone has any!

If I can do it you can do it! I was amazed at everyone completing HC S+ and thought it was out of my capability. Once I got a good first save going I was feeling way more confident. And then that victory run with the rocket launcher is the most satisfying thing.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally messing around with the original soundtrack swap

I got so damn excited hearing the intro music and the voice going "RESIDENT EVIL 2"

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Leon Hardcore S+ run, 2nd save at the typewriter immediately after Ada's section (something came up and I had to stop playing right away, plus that very first G monster messes me up sometimes), 1:13. How tight is that gonna be?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Got the True Ending yesterday after finishing a Leon B. Today I figured I'd make a halfassed attempt at an S rank Claire A run. Ended up getting the S Rank and the infinite Samurai Edge in just under 3 hours.

Probably going to shoot for a Leon B S rank run and get the last few Mr. Raccoons before I even think about attempting Hardcore mode.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Finally messing around with the original soundtrack swap

I got so damn excited hearing the intro music and the voice going "RESIDENT EVIL 2"

For sure. It's the STARS room that hit me in the feels though. Too bad they have no music for it with the remake soundtrack.
Also wish we had the alternate track for the STARS room too.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Sometimes dodging is harder and less safe in these modes than actually engaging the enemies. Most speedrunners don't kill anything because even a single zombie may take a long time, but if you just want to complete the run, you can take your sweet time with your positioning and the enemies - just be mindful of your resources, of course. Try to memorize the encounters and not rush too much and you should be fine for 4th Survivor/Tofu/Ghost Survivors.

Also, Hardcore is indeed hard, but not THAT much. It's basically the same thing, you'll just need to be more careful with saves (limited), inventory management (less slot expansions), damage taken (higher than standard) and also know that enemies will take more time and effort to kill (more HP). If you got S on Standard, I believe you're more than prepared for a Hardcore run tbh. For a S+ rank you might need some practice/trial and error, but for just completing a Hardcore run with any rank you should be ok.
If I can do it you can do it! I was amazed at everyone completing HC S+ and thought it was out of my capability. Once I got a good first save going I was feeling way more confident. And then that victory run with the rocket launcher is the most satisfying thing.
I appreciate the tips. As far as saves go: it seems like pre-G1, pre-G2, and pre-G3 are the favorites for saves on S+ Hardcore. Is that what you recommend? The only thing I can think to change is maybe instead of pre-G1 I'll do one before the section in the sewers heading to the King/Queen plugs. Those G Adults always mess me up, even on Standard, plus I feel like I have a good idea of how to deal with G1 (though I haven't yet on Hardcore).

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the tips. As far as saves go: it seems like pre-G1, pre-G2, and pre-G3 are the favorites for saves on S+ Hardcore. Is that what you recommend? The only thing I can think to change is maybe instead of pre-G1 I'll do one before the section in the sewers heading to the King/Queen plugs. Those G Adults always mess me up, even on Standard, plus I feel like I have a good idea of how to deal with G1 (though I haven't yet on Hardcore).
Leon i did G1/G2/G3
For Claire, I saved in the beginning of the sewers instead of before G2. I kind of regret that as it was annoying going through the chess puzzles again because I died to G2 a few times.I just really didn't want to do the return to RPD/Mr. X stuff again. So my saves for claire wound up being G1 / sewer entrance / beginning of NEST. I think G1/G2/G3 was less stressful

And another thing.. if you make it past G2 you're pretty much golden. The lab isn't that long and there's enough ammo/gunpowder in there for the last two bosses.

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just got done with Claire's B route and got the true ending and WOW... This was an experience. Having never played the original and not being too big on horror games (since I scare very easily) this game wasn't even on my radar when it was announced, only reason I decided to take a chance on it was because some of the streamers I watch were playing it and it looked pretty damn good. Boy am I glad I took the chance, because this is by far the best game I've played so far all year (And it's only February lol). The graphics, sound design, atmosphere, everything about this game is masterful!! Loved the level design and how everything was connected, how it felt good to finally find a key for a door that has some goodies on the other side of it or finding a note that has a locker combination on it. Even exploring the all the levels felt good to do despite me being scared shitless half the time lol. So glad I took a chance on this, I couldn't be any happier!

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
For sure. It's the STARS room that hit me in the feels though. Too bad they have no music for it with the remake soundtrack.
Also wish we had the alternate track for the STARS room too.
I can't really remember a single track of the new soundtrack.
If I didn't know better I would say there isn't any.

Have to check the option if I can turn it up some more.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I can't really remember a single track of the new soundtrack.
If I didn't know better I would say there isn't any.

Have to check the option if I can turn it up some more.

It's not your speakers it really is quiet even at its loudest. Really only Mr X's theme and the self destruct sequence music is loud enough to hear. I can't say that any of the themes are memorable either in the main story.
It's the DLC and Hunk themes that stand out.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Scenario A. That was fun, even though the ending was a bit abrupt. The Mr. X segment was my favourite and most intense part of the Scenario.

Now onto Scenario B.

jvKS24Al.jpg

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
The self destruct music is so good it made me wonder where the fuck the rest of the soundtrack was! I think with the remake OST, it doesn't play the save room music until you turn the light switch on, but plays right away if you enable the original OST

I really love the new menu sound effects though. This is really nitpicky but I would love the option to keep the remade sound effects and the old soundtrack.

DLC music is good but it sounds like it came out of a different game or something. Is it the same composer?

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Just had my first ever crash during G2 on a hardcore S+ run.

The whole sewer section actually only takes me like 15 minutes now that I timed it out, but it's still so frustrating.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game after playing slowly with my wife over the past few weeks. I could only take the game in bursts cause it would just get too stressful for me, especially during the X sections. Once I hit Claire B post police station the stress of not knowing how stuff worked wore off and it was easy sailing.

Loved it overall, hope to see them remake RE3. Actually after playing Claire in this I think I'd rather see Code Veronica remade instead, she was a badass.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Just had my first ever crash during G2 on a hardcore S+ run.

The whole sewer section actually only takes me like 15 minutes now that I timed it out, but it's still so frustrating.
Sucks, one of my failed runs here happened when I somehow activated Windows' Sticky Key dialogue box (probably mashing keys for some reason), making the game go into windowed mode while Claire just stood there and got her head ripped off by a G adult

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks, one of my failed runs here happened when I somehow activated Windows' Sticky Key dialogue box (probably mashing keys for some reason), making the game go into windowed mode while Claire just stood there and got her head ripped off by a G adult

Oh and for me, something has always been weird with how this game handles fullscreen. It boots up windowed and then goes into fullscreen, but RTSS OSD doesn't show up unless I go out of fullscreen and come back in, so now I just do a quick alt tab in and out upon starting the game. A couple times it's resulted in the game disconnecting from my keyboard inputs.

Edit: Made it past that to make my 3rd and last save at the beginning of NEST at around 1:36 -- still around five minutes behind my Claire run, but I managed to shimmy the portable safes in with Leon (plus Super DMX doesn't take as long as G4). Might see if I can go back for that last pouch but probably won't need it.

The only parts from here on out that might give me trouble as Leon are the lickers in the bottom floor lab and Super DMX, and the latter is really just if I'm totally out of ammo by the time I get to him.

Made it through Leon hardcore S+ at 2:15. NEST actually got pretty sloppy. For dramatic effect I managed to stop Super DMX's insta-kill charge with my last shotgun shell a few seconds before the deadline.

No way I'm attempting S+ B scenarios. I'm done after I have some fun with the unlocked weapons, and give Hunk and the Ghost Survivors like one shot each.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Whew just completed No Time to Mourn. Took me four tries, but after you figure out enemy placement, it wasn't too bad. The last hallway was really tricky. Not sure how I'm going to handle that with the other route.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Runaway is hard damn.

I'm still hoping for some sort of battle or merc mode for coming down the dlc pipline.

Good stuff capcom.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Why are you all attempting to BUFF/change the T-103?

I stopped playing for a week due to anxiety of his footsteps. Rest of the game = fine. Birkin = fine.

STEPS? = not fine.

He massively disrupts the flow just by being nearby. Its an incredible well done mechanic and its not meant to be a "minigame to fight/avoid him". Your "improvements" and proposals are not compatible with the scope of his implementation.

When he came inhe made the game so much fucking harder and it gave me anxiety.

I honestly think its just a case of some people being too good at the game. I dont see how Mr.X needs any buffs whatsoever.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
i downloaded the 98 costumes, but i cant use them in the main game for some reason. i clicked on one in my downloads and it launched the One-Shot demo for some reason? what the hell.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
When he came inhe made the game so much fucking harder and it gave me anxiety.

I honestly think its just a case of some people being too good at the game. I dont see how Mr.X needs any buffs whatsoever.

Agreed.

The main game should not be calibrated-balanced for time-attack or S-Rank modes. Yes, those are nice extra options, and if Capcom wants to mess around with the Tyrant or Nemesis behavior in those extra modes, fine.

But he was PERFECT in the core game, the first and second time you run through the scenarios. You cant just wish for the mechanic to change for all the player base just because you have rushed thorough the game 16 times and know how to bypass him frame by frame.

The game needs to be balanced for the core experience first.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have troubles with 5.1 output?

I have a 5.1 system on my ARC HDMI port which has been working flawlessly until now, but with RE2 I can't get any surround unless I switch from PCN Linear to Bitstream (Dolby). Which, if I understand correctly, incurs a loss of quality.
Anyone had the same troubles?

More specifically on the game I just met Mr X. and I'm livid, this is so not for me lol
I was already stressed out by the lack of ammunition, this guy + lickers roaming around are having me screaming. I think I'll let myself die a few times just so I can drop the difficulty.

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a 955MB patch queued up on Steam, can't seem to find any info on what exactly the patch does.

Oct 25, 2017
How hard are the Ghost Survivors stories compared to HUNK?
Much harder.
Hunk threw a shitload of enemies at you but also started you out with a filled inventory. As long as you avoid all the encounters you can and save your grenades and high powered ammo for the later sections it ain't that hard.
Ghost survivors not only throws a lot of enemies your way it also introduces trickier enemies(regenerating pale heads, poison and armored zombies) and forces you to look around for supplies since you start with very little.

Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone have troubles with 5.1 output?

I have a 5.1 system on my ARC HDMI port which has been working flawlessly until now, but with RE2 I can't get any surround unless I switch from PCN Linear to Bitstream (Dolby). Which, if I understand correctly, incurs a loss of quality.
Anyone had the same troubles?
HDMI ARC (for most setups, if not all?) unfortunately has similar limitations to optical cables: 5.1 Bitstream is the maximum data throughput that is supported. Your system will have to be directly connected to the Receiver to support 5.1 PCM.

Something I might as well note here too in case you have one: The Nintendo Switch can only output LPCM. You will run into similar issues with that system if it is setup in a similar way.

Sep 12, 2018

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Gave mountains of praise in the online survey!

Did my part and mentioned Outbreak remakes in the comment lol

Would really love them to add some online co op modes or just straight up make a New outbreak game in this style

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
What the...? I just fired up Steam and after updating RE2R is unistalled. is this a thing or some freak error? I hope the saves are intact or I'm gonna be pissed.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a 955MB patch queued up on Steam, can't seem to find any info on what exactly the patch does.

This is PS4 patch 1. 03

*Bug FixesAdded fixes for crashing issues with Resident Evil 2 1.03.

*Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.

*Resident Evil 2 version 1.03 has fixed some glitches.

*Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.

*Added performance and stability improvements.

*Gameplay improvements added with RE2 version 1.03.

*Added other minor fixes and changes with RE2 1.03.

What the...? I just fired up Steam and after updating RE2R is unistalled. is this a thing or some freak error? I hope the saves are intact or I'm gonna be pissed.
Hmm that doesn't sound good.....

Did you have mods installed?

Going to make a backup of everything just in case...

Last edited:

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why do I have the urge to do an S+ run? I know it's just going to frustrate me... I don't need the rewards, as the LE5 is plenty of fun... I have to do it though... I hate this game.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay just gotta finish up the Mr. Raccoons and Gunslinger/No Way Out, then DLC will be done. These have been a lot of fun, actually. A lot of trial and error and figuring out what items to grab and what weapons to use in each encounter.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
This is PS4 patch 1. 03

*Bug FixesAdded fixes for crashing issues with Resident Evil 2 1.03.

*Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.

*Resident Evil 2 version 1.03 has fixed some glitches.

*Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.

*Added performance and stability improvements.

*Gameplay improvements added with RE2 version 1.03.

*Added other minor fixes and changes with RE2 1.03.

Hmm that doesn't sound good.....

Did you have mods installed?

Going to make a backup of everything just in case...
Just Reshade. I honestly dunno what happend, redownloading atm.