• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So I just finished my first playthrough with Leon and I went straight into Claire's 2nd Run. I just made it to the
save room in the Underground Facility after you fight Birkin for the first time and I've got a little girl with me (Sherry?)
and so far I'm enjoying the slightly remixed and accelerated version of the game.

Will I then need to do both a Claire 'A' and Leon 'B' run to get the entire story, or will finishing this current Claire 2nd Run give me everything plot-wise?

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished my first playthrough with Leon and I went straight into Claire's 2nd Run. I just made it to the
save room in the Underground Facility after you fight Birkin for the first time and I've got a little girl with me (Sherry?)
and so far I'm enjoying the slightly remixed and accelerated version of the game.

Will I then need to do both a Claire 'A' and Leon 'B' run to get the entire story, or will finishing this current Claire 2nd Run give me everything plot-wise?
You'll have got everything plotwise, with a few very minor cutscene variations if you choose to do the other scenarios. For instance, you get to see Claire interact with Marvin on Claire A.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
RE.NET Challenge: Item Aversion
-The knife Marvin gives you counts as a pickup.
-Item pouches do NOT count as a pickup.
-If you get the Matilda clip upgrade, it gives you something like 12 bullets, so it's a pretty efficient pickup overall.
-I'm going to skip the shotgun in the police station and see how that goes. I've skipped all the shotgun ammo thus far. I might go back for the 2 sets of 3 shotgun shells in the 2nd floor lockers when I return, since 3+3 >= the amount generated from white powder + large black powder.
-Probably going to skip the flamethrower as well?
-Made it past G1 with 23 pickups (after grabbing the ammo + hand grenade in the boss room). It's already adding up fast, but with all this spare pistol ammo, I'm hoping I can skip all pistol ammo throughout the sewers.

Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
RE.NET Challenge: Item Aversion
-The knife Marvin gives you counts as a pickup.
-Item pouches do NOT count as a pickup.
-If you get the Matilda clip upgrade, it gives you something like 12 bullets, so it's a pretty efficient pickup overall.
-I'm going to skip the shotgun in the police station and see how that goes. I've skipped all the shotgun ammo thus far. I might go back for the 2 sets of 3 shotgun shells in the 2nd floor lockers when I return, since 3+3 >= the amount generated from white powder + large black powder.
-Probably going to skip the flamethrower as well?
-Made it past G1 with 23 pickups (after grabbing the ammo + hand grenade in the boss room). It's already adding up fast, but with all this spare pistol ammo, I'm hoping I can skip all pistol ammo throughout the sewers.

Bored at work today so I did a mental 'playthrough' / item check in preparation for my own attempt later

Based on Leon 2nd Run focusing on :

Critical Key Items
M19 Handgun
Shotgun + Upgrades
Flamethrower + Upgrade
No Magnum
1 Knife + 1 Flash + 1 Frag
No other Ammo

Item count was 41, factoring in a bit of leeway for mistakes your probably looking at around 45-50 'free' item pickups for ammo/health

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Bored at work today so I did a mental 'playthrough' / item check in preparation for my own attempt later

Based on Leon 2nd Run focusing on :

Critical Key Items
M19 Handgun
Shotgun + Upgrades
Flamethrower + Upgrade
No Magnum
1 Knife + 1 Flash + 1 Frag
No other Ammo

Item count was 41, factoring in a bit of leeway for mistakes your probably looking at around 45-50 'free' item pickups for ammo/health
Any reason you're only going for one knife? For me the knives are my way of saving tons of ammo pickups when dealing with bosses and crippled zombies.
EDIT: Just saw your talking about free pickups, disregard this question.

Also, why Leon B, out of curiosity? I'm not sure if it lets you skip many (any?) key items and forces you to pickup an extra handgun where the ammo pickups tend to give less bullets.

Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
Only having to do 1 'Lap' of the RPD and Early access to the Shotgun is the main reason for Leon B, being able to get a near guaranteed insta kill headshot on all 'sleeping' and rising zombies from the start is a nice zone clearer, and the M19 Handgun just trades Volume for Power vs. the Matilda

As for the knife, I just never really use them? I pick them all up but then I just forget about them and end up with a load of ammo left over anyway, I pretty much never cripple zombies (especially in Leons Scenarios)

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Only having to do 1 'Lap' of the RPD and Early access to the Shotgun is the main reason for Leon B, being able to get a near guaranteed insta kill headshot on all 'sleeping' and rising zombies from the start is a nice zone clearer, and the M19 Handgun just trades Volume for Power vs. the Matilda

As for the knife, I just never really use them? I pick them all up but then I just forget about them and end up with a load of ammo left over anyway, I pretty much never cripple zombies (especially in Leons Scenarios)
Very interesting. I use the knife to save a ton of ammo on bosses. Anyways, I managed to successfully complete the challenge with 83 pickups. I avoided as many ammo pickups as I could; only picking up pistol ammo of 14+ rounds. I didn't pick up any shotgun ammo until the lab, but I did grab the upgrade in Kendo's shop, since that counts as an extra 4 shells plus the increased damage.

-Chess pieces do NOT count multiple times if you place and regrab them. So don't grab the pawn and you should be fine.
-I did end up grabbing the flamethrower, and using it a bit on both G2 and G3. Did not grab upgrade nor any additional ammo for it.
-I grabbed pretty much every hand grenade, and a good chunk of flash grenades.
-I went knife crazy and probably could have skipped at least 1, probably 2.
-I grabbed 3 RGB herb combos, one for each of the last 3 bosses.
-I grabbed the large gunpowder in the clock tower and combined it with the large gunpowder in the lab kitchen for 55 handgun rounds. Very efficient!
-Was not able to verify if the herbicide counted multiple times or not, though I suspect not.
-I opened the box twice.
-I wish I had grabbed a couple more 3x shotgun shell pickups in the precinct.

Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
Yeah the Leon B Shotgun heavy approach also worked out at 89 pickups

Didn't use the handgun much, picked up 6 ammo early on but stopped picking ammo up for it at all after G1 and dumped it by the Sewers
Picked up pretty much every Shotgun ammo and made 4x Large + Yellow Gunpowder mixes
Upgraded Flamethrower + 3 Ammo pickups Mainly for Ivys, G3 and leftovers for Super X
No health Items
1 Knife, 1 Flash (For the Jail), 4 Frag (2x for G1 + 2x bypass G-Embryos)

Fun challenge but very front heavy, most of the items you pickup are in the early RPD stage, by the time you hit the Clocktower and onto the Sewers your item pickup rate plummets

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on G4 with Leon A in Hardcore, and I literally have nothing but my infinite handgun, a couple knives and a couple of healing items. Am I in an un-winnable situation? How do I stop him from doing his 1-hit kill move with just my pistol? I don't have any shotgun ammo or nades of any kind. Used them all up on G3 just prior to this. Are there any useful items in the run up to the boss?

Edit:

Nevermind, I found some gunpowder in my item box to mix up 3 shotgun shells. I could've sworn there was nothing useful in my box as I checked before, must've missed it somehow. Just beat it with a time of 2:20!

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
6yFYl0e.jpg

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Man I love this game so much. I still haven't messed with 4th Survivor really, but I just wrapped up everything else and I got all S+ ranks including on Assisted since I saw they're tracked on re.net. Now I'm actually starting to work on the re.net challenges and even though all of my S+ times are terrible (I have about 90 hours total in the game) I just did Leon B Standard with zero saves in 1:37 which is an improvement and I didn't save! I failed the challenge I was going for by a decent bit (I was going for the sub-100 items, I wound up with 116) but my overall run was great and I can't wait to do it again. Like, I'm watching speedruns and stuff of the game, I almost never do anything like this. Goddamn Capcom, you done good.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Man I love this game so much. I still haven't messed with 4th Survivor really, but I just wrapped up everything else and I got all S+ ranks including on Assisted since I saw they're tracked on re.net. Now I'm actually starting to work on the re.net challenges and even though all of my S+ times are terrible (I have about 90 hours total in the game) I just did Leon B Standard with zero saves in 1:37 which is an improvement and I didn't save! I failed the challenge I was going for by a decent bit (I was going for the sub-100 items, I wound up with 116) but my overall run was great and I can't wait to do it again. Like, I'm watching speedruns and stuff of the game, I almost never do anything like this. Goddamn Capcom, you done good.
Just a heads-up, your play stats update on RE.NET each time the game saves, so use the "Latest Play Stats" part on the challenge page to view how many items you've picked up to that point, which weapons you've used on your current playthrough, your accuracy, etc. Really useful for making sure you're still within the challenge guidelines!

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just played some claire b standard to fill out my records with S+ all over.

first time this happened to me ever... i died at the end end train at G5, i had 25 acid rounds waited till the eye opened and was unloading them and i died. lol

i thought that was a formality.

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads-up, your play stats update on RE.NET each time the game saves, so use the "Latest Play Stats" part on the challenge page to view how many items you've picked up to that point, which weapons you've used on your current playthrough, your accuracy, etc. Really useful for making sure you're still within the challenge guidelines!

Yeah I saw that. I hadn't done a no save run so I figured I would just do the run best as I could for general practice so I wasn't really expecting to get it, but I didn't think I'd gone that far over lol.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I was rather disappointed with the extra character stuff.
I thought it would be more plot based, not just a glorified time attack mode.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Can you actually knife G5? I always assumed he would instakill you if you got too close. Does it give you the chance to use a defensive item on him if he grabs you at the end? Not sure if it's true, but I heard the pistol is one of the stronger weapons against him, which is why they give you 2x Large Gunpowders right before you face him.

I started playing the Ghost Survivors and did the first two. They're pretty fun little puzzle-challenges; I liked figuring out the best items to grab and how to approach each situation smartly. I remember the Forgotten Soldier being pretty tricky even on training, so that will be my next task.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared the re.net challenge at using 99 items LOL. It was such a bizarre run, I had to do a few resets but I saw the absolute craziest/weirdest things happen multiple times, G3 was ridiculous for some reason (I can consistently one cycle him on Hardcore but here on Standard it just wasn't working multiple attempts in a row doing the exact same thing) etc. Did Leon B, time was 1:27. I'm so bad, but want to get better so going to keep at practicing!

I don't know that I'll clear it in time, but one of the other two weeklies that goes away in about 10 hours is to clear the game on Hardcore without using the item box and I think I'm gonna give that a go. I'm debating what would be the best route for that though; I feel like Claire might be a better call for that for an easier boss time.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Cleared the re.net challenge at using 99 items LOL. It was such a bizarre run, I had to do a few resets but I saw the absolute craziest/weirdest things happen multiple times, G3 was ridiculous for some reason (I can consistently one cycle him on Hardcore but here on Standard it just wasn't working multiple attempts in a row doing the exact same thing) etc. Did Leon B, time was 1:27. I'm so bad, but want to get better so going to keep at practicing!

I don't know that I'll clear it in time, but one of the other two weeklies that goes away in about 10 hours is to clear the game on Hardcore without using the item box and I think I'm gonna give that a go. I'm debating what would be the best route for that though; I feel like Claire might be a better call for that for an easier boss time.
I did that one as Claire for a few reasons, but don't know if it was the right call. She has to pick up Diamond Key, so it's easy for her to get both portable safes to get an extra pouch. She can use magnum rounds w her base gun, as well. Lastly, gets the minigun to do most of the damage to G4. I skipped the grenade launcher because jugging the ammo is a lot of wasted spots, and even skipped the second handgun. Man, her base handgun sucks so much, and the smg is really awkward without any of the upgrades. It night have been easier w Leon using Mathilda and Shotty only. Your call though; go with whatever is more comfortable to you

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I did that one as Claire for a few reasons, but don't know if it was the right call. She has to pick up Diamond Key, so it's easy for her to get both portable safes to get an extra pouch. She can use magnum rounds w her base gun, as well. Lastly, gets the minigun to do most of the damage to G4. I skipped the grenade launcher because jugging the ammo is a lot of wasted spots, and even skipped the second handgun. Man, her base handgun sucks so much, and the smg is really awkward without any of the upgrades. It night have been easier w Leon using Mathilda and Shotty only. Your call though; go with whatever is more comfortable to you

I actually just did it! I did Claire A; I feel like it was probably kind of a wash either way, but I'd just done multiple Leon B runs for the sub-100 item challenge so I wanted a change of pace more than anything.

Man I love this game

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LOL

I wonder how many on here would need to cover their eyes to play this mod.

To be honest, it's that over the top it's hard to do anything other than laugh. The internet being the internet.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Finished up my last run (Claire B Hardcore) and am sad it's pretty much all over. I did take liberties with the infinite weapons this time, though. Those sewer Gs deserved some rockets after all they put me through in earlier runs. I guess I could try to finish the rest of the Tofus. I've only finished the knives and grenades ones so far.

To be honest, it's that over the top it's hard to do anything other than laugh.
Didn't seem that over the top to me, outside of the short shorts. If anything I'd say quite the opposite, a subtle thickness. Definitely good for a laugh, though. Modding community doing work on this game.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get enough of this game and it's driving my roommate bonkers. It's just so fun to play and those S+ Ranks and Trophies give me an enjoyable reason to keep playing. I can't even logically warrant buying any new games until I'm done with this one because of how well it's holding my attention.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get enough of this game and it's driving my roommate bonkers. It's just so fun to play and those S+ Ranks and Trophies give me an enjoyable reason to keep playing. I can't even logically warrant buying any new games until I'm done with this one because of how well it's holding my attention.

Haha yea. I put close to 100 hours into this game. Howlongtobeat has it at 8 hours for just the main story, 11.5 with extras, and 25 for completionist lol

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wait...so they never fixed the weird graphical reflection issues that were present in the One-Shot demo?

I've finally had time to start this tonight, but I think there's something very wrong with the graphics on my end. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro, with the TV (Sony X900F) set to Game Mode, and the PS4 definitely outputting at 3840x2160p. Film Grain and HDR is on (following EvilBoris' recommended settings), but the graphics still just look very off to me, with so many weird looking low-res textures. And as mentioned, the floor and wall reflections still look absolutely borked.

I recall being impressed by the One-Shot demo, so something definitely doesn't seem right. Hope it's not my PS4.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8iCGtPTl.jpg

only need Leon B standard S+ now.

something weird happened last night, i was playing Leon B hardcore just for fun, used the infinite LE-5 in and it made Mr. X more aggressive. the licker in the room next to the bookshelf level tool. would not un-aggro. i left the room and come back in 3 times and the licker was permanently aggro-ed. i don't know if it was the LE-5 or just a random bug but died bc i couldn't get past it.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
Nice job with those S+ ranks. I think i need to complete the game 7 more times to earn all mine. Not sure if I'll make it, but I'll definitely get the Platinum at least. All I need to do is play Leon on Hardcore for that.

Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
Curious in regards to the Weekly Challenges / Platinum Medals on RE.NET, is anyone else here one of the 174 people in the world who still have a perfect streak going since the start?

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Ada Wong's chapter in Leon A is pretty pointless and mediocre. The whole hacking puzzle thing wasn't needed and doesn't help the game.

I'm now
in the Hive. I'm in a big open terminal room, where I can go left or right after getting to the central column. Left is unlocked by my bracelet and right needs an upgraded one.
I think I'm near the end, but guess I also have Claire B to do, though I'm not sure if I want to.

It's a good game, but not the mind meltingly great game I was expecting.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Is there going to be anymore dlc for the game?

I was thinking about how great it would be if they released a C scenario, but completely switched Leon and Claire. Like Leon would be the person to meet Sherry and Claire would meet Ada. Something small like that would be cool. They can try to weave in some story elements too like

Sherry needing to be implanted with the virus or Ada namedropping John Clemens.

I didn't like the 4th Survivor type of DLC and I hope more story based ones are in the pipeline.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Curious in regards to the Weekly Challenges / Platinum Medals on RE.NET, is anyone else here one of the 174 people in the world who still have a perfect streak going since the start?

I just found out about re.net recently, do they have stuff for other RE games or just this one? I've done most of the ones for RE2 but definitely not all, I wish I'd known about it earlier or that it had better integration in the main game.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I just found out about re.net recently, do they have stuff for other RE games or just this one? I've done most of the ones for RE2 but definitely not all, I wish I'd known about it earlier or that it had better integration in the main game.
They've been running stuff for a variety of games. I don't remember which was the first; probably RE6? You could unlock the polygon costumes in RE6 that way.

I don't have all the platinums unfortunately; I didn't play enough to do all the challenges until a few weeks in. I think I'm at 6 Platinums now.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I believe besides RE2 it's Resident Evil Remake, 0, Revelations, Revelations 2, 6 and Umbrella Corps compatible.

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
Ada Wong's chapter in Leon A is pretty pointless and mediocre. The whole hacking puzzle thing wasn't needed and doesn't help the game.

I'm now
in the Hive. I'm in a big open terminal room, where I can go left or right after getting to the central column. Left is unlocked by my bracelet and right needs an upgraded one.
I think I'm near the end, but guess I also have Claire B to do, though I'm not sure if I want to.

It's a good game, but not the mind meltingly great game I was expecting.

You're being too kind to the Ada segment TBH it's a bit shit

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love this game, I feel like they left too much on the cutting room floor. I wish they either made a proper 2nd run or have Leon's and Claire's scenarios be more different. I'd pay premium price for a proper 2nd run DLC and an Ada mode that adds new content like locations and enemies.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Ada's segment is in offensive at worst. Getting through that fan in literally the very last second before getting caught on my S+ Hardcore run is one of my fondest memories of the game.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
First time playing this, just finished Leon's chapter.

Surprised how short it felt. Only had RE4 to compare to, which I think was perfect.

This game was great until Ada came in. Then it felt outdated, embarrassing, and just not scary.

That entire love storyline reminded me how far we've come with storytelling and voice acting, and how much it adds to the tension of a horror game. The entire police station felt like such a classically designed area, but none of that tension existed in NEST or the sewers. Perhaps too harsh for a PS1 game, but I guess I expected something more

Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
Well I think I may be done with RE2 Remake for a bit, just got done with a pretty tough but fun challenge

Pretty interesting changing the game into what is essentially a stealth game, Mr X has never been so terrifying

Deleted member 9714

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh. How screwed am I if I ran out of handgun ammo? After fighting my way from the parking lot to the boiler room I am wiped out.