• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a correct way to play the game escape from the zombies to save the ammunition for the bosses? I'm just starting the game.

Oct 25, 2017
No problem man! Great work.

S+ on the B scenarios is cutting it closer, I've heard. 2:00 max there, versus 2:30 on A. Still probably not too hard if you know the game, but something to keep in mind.

Yeah, I actually did an assisted run in Claire B to get the no heal, no item box, and 14000 steps achievements. I took a bunch of notes about my route (lol), and my final time was 1:33. A half hour cushion is hopefully good enough for hardcore.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
omg this is driving me crazy. i have 57/58 completed for Record: Lore Explorer and i can't find the last file that i didn't read.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
omg this is driving me crazy. i have 57/58 completed for Record: Lore Explorer and i can't find the last file that i didn't read.

Got the exclusive ones on both Claire and Leon B (the ones from one character to the other)? Got the ones in the Orphanage (2 as Sherry and One as Claire)? Got the ones at the Reception area in the lab?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I loaded up a Claire B standard save as I felt bad about switching to assisted and not getting the completion logged in the results page. Made it to where you go back to the station and are stalked by Mr. X again and just noped out. That shit is just a combination of tedious and anxiety inducing for me. I powered through it on Leon A standard and Claire B standard/assisted (dropped to assisted middle of first Mr. X encounter with her) and just can't stomach it again.

I get why people like it, but it's just too stressful to me and frustrating when I just want to grab shit, solve the puzzles and move on.

Like I said earlier, great game for what it is but this genre just isn't for me anymore. I got my money's worth getting the true ending. Uninstalled and moving on.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the exclusive ones on both Claire and Leon B (the ones from one character to the other)? Got the ones in the Orphanage (2 as Sherry and One as Claire)? Got the ones at the Reception area in the lab?
i believe so, i just redid the Sherry ones, the Ada ones to be sure.
then i got the Claire B note from Leon and i think on Leon B from Claire.
but i know i overlooked one... it may have been non-exclusive on my last search, i couldn't find the ID Wristband file in the lab.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
i believe so, i just redid the Sherry ones, the Ada ones to be sure.
then i got the Claire B note from Leon and i think on Leon B from Claire.
but i know i overlooked one... it may have been non-exclusive on my last search, i couldn't find the ID Wristband file in the lab.

Is it the one on the whiteboard in the save room lab reception maybe?

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it the one on the whiteboard in the save room lab reception maybe?
man! i just found it and got the reward alert =)

yeah, it's exactly the one you posted re: the whiteboard in the save room. i ran around for an hour with Leon and Claire looking for it. i guess i didn't see the button prompt and ran past it several times.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
man! i just found it and got the reward alert =)

yeah, it's exactly the one you posted re: the whiteboard in the save room. i ran around for an hour with Leon and Claire looking for it. i guess i didn't see the button prompt and ran past it several times.

dhMeAzK.gif

OrinX

Oct 27, 2017
Still need to shave off 11 min in Hardcore Mode..... Also, is there a Claire only 2nd run Raccoon. I seem to be missing one

695FD42C6623DF4682C195CF1B827C8096D4CED2

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's a bizarre game-time issue in this game. I'm practicing a boss fight so I'm trying a bunch of different strategies and dying when they don't work. I found out the hard way that the Continue button keeps the clock running, but even when I press Load Game and select the specific file, the game timer doesn't fully reset. The file is 1:18, but sometimes after dying, it says 1:20, or 1:25.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
There's a bizarre game-time issue in this game. I'm practicing a boss fight so I'm trying a bunch of different strategies and dying when they don't work. I found out the hard way that the Continue button keeps the clock running, but even when I press Load Game and select the specific file, the game timer doesn't fully reset. The file is 1:18, but sometimes after dying, it says 1:20, or 1:25.
You have to "quit" then load.

caphisuada

Oct 27, 2017
Noticed that as well on my S+ Hardcore run with Claire. I just exited out to the menu and loaded it again and the time went back to normal.

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Going through the achievement list on Steam and:

1) The rarest achievement is the one you unlock for reading all the files -- only 3.7% of the players have it. This seems weird, doesn't it? If you asked me I'd guess the rarest one would be the 14k steps one, or the one in which you can't open the item box...

2) The achievement list has been already updated for the Ghost Survivors mode. Only two new achievements, though.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going through the achievement list on Steam and:

1) The rarest achievement is the one you unlock for reading all the files -- only 3.7% of the players have it. This seems weird, doesn't it? If you asked me I'd guess the rarest one would be the 14k steps one, or the one in which you can't open the item box...
feels good getting "Lore Explorer" today =)

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
I completed Claire A and Leon B. If I don't care about collectables, unlocks and achievements, do I miss much if I don't play the other A and B stories?

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Has any one listed the EXACT differences with hardcore? There seem to be some slight differences beyond stronger enemies and ink ribbons.

People are saying you get less ammo and the enemies can take more hits but I'm not noticing it. If there is a difference in resource economy and enemy health it's only slight, like how some of the ink ribbons replace other items in Standard.

But is it true that you ultimately get less inventory space in Hardcore? I know in order to get S+ you gotta skip some of the upgrades, but I noticed one that's in standard that just isn't there in hardcore. I'm guessing if you get all expansions you end up with one row less in Hardcore?

And to ask again, how do you deal with the RPD west hallway the second time you go through as Leon? The hardest part of the game for me might be dealing with those two lickers in there (and often Mr. X at the same time). With Claire I got flame rounds but with Leon the shotgun and magnum don't kill them quick enough, and I can pretty much never dodge them.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, quick question. I got wind of just vaguely how damage modeling works, and generally the less ammo you have the more likely you are to drop zombies in fewer shots and get head explosions and whatnot, but does that include ammo only on your person or in your box too? Like, would I have an easier time leaving certain pickups on the ground until I come back around, or can I pick it all up and safely leave most of it in my box, or should I just hoard everything on me cuz it doesn't matter that much?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But is it true that you ultimately get less inventory space in Hardcore? I know in order to get S+ you gotta skip some of the upgrades, but I noticed one that's in standard that just isn't there in hardcore. I'm guessing if you get all expansions you end up with one row less in Hardcore?
There are only three expansions in hardcoremode so you end up with a row and a half less than on standard and assisted.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Speedrunning Peeps, a question...

Just got to the NEST at 1hr and 42 min with 3 saves. S+ still doable?

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Does vibration work for any of you using a DS4 with the PC version? Cause it doesn't work for me
Works fine for me. Using DS4 via bluetooth dongle on Windows 7.
Has any one listed the EXACT differences with hardcore? There seem to be some slight differences beyond stronger enemies and ink ribbons.

People are saying you get less ammo and the enemies can take more hits but I'm not noticing it. If there is a difference in resource economy and enemy health it's only slight, like how some of the ink ribbons replace other items in Standard.

And to ask again, how do you deal with the RPD west hallway the second time you go through as Leon? The hardest part of the game for me might be dealing with those two lickers in there (and often Mr. X at the same time). With Claire I got flame rounds but with Leon the shotgun and magnum don't kill them quick enough, and I can pretty much never dodge them.
You only get 3 inventory upgrades on hardcore (vs. 6 on the easier modes, I believe). The one in the detonator room, the one in the basement locker and the one in the sewers aren't there in hardcore.

As far as dealing with lickers is concered; you can kill them before triggering Mr. X's arrival. If you walk instead of run lickers can't detect you. They also can't go through doors or up stairs, so you can lure them to a doorway or stairwell and kill them from safety if need be.

Hey, quick question. I got wind of just vaguely how damage modeling works, and generally the less ammo you have the more likely you are to drop zombies in fewer shots and get head explosions and whatnot, but does that include ammo only on your person or in your box too? Like, would I have an easier time leaving certain pickups on the ground until I come back around, or can I pick it all up and safely leave most of it in my box, or should I just hoard everything on me cuz it doesn't matter that much?
My understanding is that it works like RE7 where there are ranks. Rank 5 is the default rank where your weapons do the base damage and enemies deal the normal amount of damage as well. As you kill more enemies your rank goes up, causing you to deal less damage and take more damage. As you take damage your rank goes down, causing you to deal more damage and take less damage. Rank 9 is the max rank and, I assume, rank 1 is the lowest rank. Hardcore is locked at rank 9. I wouldn't be surprised if Assisted is locked at a lower rank (or at least had a lower max rank), but I don't think that's been confirmed for certain.

JpDeathBlade on reddit has been doing a lot of data gathering and analysis on how the game works.

Speedrunning Peeps, a question...

Just got to the NEST at 1hr and 42 min with 3 saves. S+ still doable?
The lab doesn't take long at all. Should be plenty doable.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
20190209231611_119ko2.jpg

And there you go.

G5 ended up requiring most of my minigun ammo to kill so I had to resort to the SMG and knife on G4... Turns out he's hilariously weak to a knife to the face.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
So a little easter egg I found out about that blew my mind

resident-evil-2-leon-desk.jpg

You see how there's a space between the L and C in Welcome

You can find an extra L that fell on a desk

Extra L? Why an L?

oZYuhgK.jpg

holy fucking obscure

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
As far as dealing with lickers is concered; you can kill them before triggering Mr. X's arrival. If you walk instead of run lickers can't detect you. They also can't go through doors or up stairs, so you can lure them to a doorway or stairwell and kill them from safety if need be.

Huh. The very first time I encountered a licker in this game I tried to walk slowly past them and they still reacted. And I'm not sure I'd want to make the detour to kill them before triggering Mr. X if I'm trying to speedrun.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. The very first time I encountered a licker in this game I tried to walk slowly past them and they still reacted. And I'm not sure I'd want to make the detour to kill them before triggering Mr. X if I'm trying to speedrun.

They start to patrol if you get near them but they do not attack or agro until you run or bump into them. You can literally speed walk passed them without issue.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan

I can't confirm this without going back to check, but I think there are places where I was given 5 handgun bullets on standard Leon B, only to find 2 or 3 on hardcore.

It is true that you get less inventory space. You don't have to skip the upgrades to get S+, but there are only 3 upgrades in the game. One in the R.P.D, one in the Sewers, and one in the lab.

Don't attempt to take out lickers as Leon until the lab. If you must, you might be able to use a grenade.

So a little easter egg I found out about that blew my mind

You see how there's a space between the L and C in Welcome

You can find an extra L that fell on a desk

Extra L? Why an L?

holy fucking obscure

Oh my god.

Last edited:

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
If you're trying to speedrun, you shouldn't really have an issue. If you go straight from triggering Mr. X to the records room, Mr. X will have lost your trail by the time you get to the hallway with the lickers. You can just walk to the records room, get the lever and get out before Mr. X catches up to you.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I completed Claire A and Leon B. If I don't care about collectables, unlocks and achievements, do I miss much if I don't play the other A and B stories?

I'm playing Claire A now after having just finished Claire B and I just got to the sewers area. So far... I'm going to say you're not missing much at all. I'm having fun since I enjoy playing the game so much, but it seems largely the same in terms of story beats.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably take a break (unless I get a sudden urge to play :P) but I got both Lore Explorer and Vermin Exterminator so yay :D.

I also think my times improved (the B ranks are my first playthroughs obviously :P):

nbiPfKP.png

Next time though, I'll be trying standard. That infinite Knife should certainly help :D

(I also think I could cut down the time significantly if I ignore certain things but I love grabbing everything (except the combat knifes due to my infinite one now) :D)

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I've got a question for this thread.

I'm on my first playthrough (Claire) and just got to a point where I'm not sure if I'll return to the police station... I also don't have the machine gun on me.

I got to the sewers. Mr. X just got torn up.

I never found that USB stick for the PC tower in the station... should I reload and go back 30 minutes to hunt it down? If so, can anyone give me any gentle hints on where this USB stick is? I'm guessing it's film or safe related. I'm trying not to straight-up spoil or ruin the fun.

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. Leon B hardcore is awful. I had to skip the first save room, and it took me 21 minutes to finally get to save at dark room.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I've got a question for this thread.

I'm on my first playthrough (Claire) and just got to a point where I'm not sure if I'll return to the police station... I also don't have the machine gun on me.

I got to the sewers. Mr. X just got torn up.

I never found that USB stick for the PC tower in the station... should I reload and go back 30 minutes to hunt it down? If so, can anyone give me any gentle hints on where this USB stick is? I'm guessing it's film or safe related. I'm trying not to straight-up spoil or ruin the fun.

You can find a path leading back up to go look for it. You'll need some reading material, and "someone" might need to lend you a hand. You wouldn't have had access to it until your second run through the R.P.D., either.