• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel fairly certain that this was actually because Claire's detection box overlapped with the Licker's. It doesn't look like a physical connect but I feel confident in saying that by the game's underlying logic, the two touched and caused a detection here.
agree.

there's a section that licker in the dog pen you absolutely have to hug the staircase and it's nose it's next to you and it won't detect you.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the sewers in Claire B and I'm happy that it seems like the majority of the level was skipped in this campaign. I really didn't wanna do the sewers again.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I just haven't spent enough time with it, but.. I'm not enjoying it? I won't regurgitate the same complaints, but right now it just annoys me more than anything. I don't find combat satisfying, and not a fan the more 'realistic' take on the RPD station. As goofy as the original is, it has more presence and a sense of place than the new one, which just looks like a level out of any other horror game to me.

Maybe I just need to play more. And I'm cranky.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
For me it was just a matter of memorizing puzzles and enemy placements, planning out an optimal path, managing inventory space and ammo consumption, and bashing my head against the last stretch of bosses over and over.
Think I just need to get a good first save going. Once I'm out of the RPD, I'm definitely not as worried. I restarted way too many times before my first planned save at the club key that I'm just frustrated. I probably could have kept going a couple of times but I want to make that first save good to give myself a little more time later.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Think I just need to get a good first save going. Once I'm out of the RPD, I'm definitely not as worried. I restarted way too many times before my first planned save at the club key that I'm just frustrated. I probably could have kept going a couple of times but I want to make that first save good to give myself a little more time later.

The RPD is definitely where everything could go wrong. The sewers and lab to a lesser extent because they're so short. I always save after I get the medallions, at the start of the sewers, and at the start of the lab. There's a huge stretch between the first and second saves but it's worked for me more than not. I just feel to paranoid not to save as soon as I'm done with the first part of the RPD.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
The RPD is definitely where everything could go wrong. The sewers and lab to a lesser extent because they're so short. I always save after I get the medallions, at the start of the sewers, and at the start of the lab. There's a huge stretch between the first and second saves but it's worked for me more than not. I just feel to paranoid not to save as soon as I'm done with the first part of the RPD.

I really want to save there too but I'm most terrified of the run from club key => gear / tool => library to solve the puzzle. It's always the hardest stretch of the game for me.
I've also been skipping the portable safes, still debating if I should be getting that hip pouch or not. Would make that section of the game a little harder cause I'd have to run there too.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Still not a fan of that elevator boss as Claire, it's just a big ammo dump.

Agreed, and it's redesign sucks in my opinion.
I absolutely loved the new design for G1, G2, G3 and G5 but the new G4 absolutely sucks, the original ''G doggo'' was way better.

cb3de529f283ff5a6069797e629fa3e0.jpg

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I need to work on my pathing. I got an S+ with Leon A on Standard so decided to give Hardcore a go and after a few bad starts I've made it to my 2nd save right before G2 and I'm at 2:07 lol. Having a good time but it's rough, I'm really bad at remembering pathing and optimal routes in these games. Haven't looked up any particular guides or runs really (other than having puzzle solutions handy) but I might need to wind up doing it here. Having fun regardless though.

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Picking this up soon, back in the day I just played Leon and then Claire, but is there a canon order of things? Claire technically should be the first to play as, right?
Not really. Leon A makes much more sense than Claire A this time, because of the cutscenes in the RPD.

Today I finally got an S in Claire A Hardcore and proceeded to get it in Leon A with the infinite machine gun.
It's been a real headache, and I'm definitely not cut for S+ in Hardcore, so I'm gonna take a break from the game. I still have Hunk and Tofu's achievements to get but the hunt for Hardcore S definitely soured me on the game a bit.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, tofu's all done fairly easily, except for Flan, fucking Flan. You really have to use the rocket launcher on the damn licker in the car park. Was bliss using it again in the very last area though.

All records done too. Now gimme that DLC.

residentevil2_20190216mjrr.png

Also, sorry .....

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I did my best to be fast enough in my 2º run with Claire A but in 1 hour all I get was fighting G1 and get back to the RCPD with the stars badge and large gear. I dont know how you guys do.
I avoided the lickers, to be frank I only killed 1 on my way out the morgue

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did my best to be fast enough in my 2º run with Claire A but in 1 hour all I get was fighting G1 and get back to the RCPD with the stars badge and large gear. I dont know how you guys do.
I avoided the lickers, to be frank I only killed 1 on my way out the morgue
Well for one, all the time you spent getting things like the badge was wasted. Don't bother grabbing it with Claire at all and as Leon only bother with it if you suck at fighting bosses.

The only inventory upgrade you should get is the one in the west office safe so don't bother with the portable safes.

Always know where you're going and always run (unless it's a room where you need to get by a licker)

Avoid getting grabbed outside of specific instances (like the first G adult in the sewers), even if you have a defense item. The animation is a huge waste of time.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to save there too but I'm most terrified of the run from club key => gear / tool => library to solve the puzzle. It's always the hardest stretch of the game for me.
I've also been skipping the portable safes, still debating if I should be getting that hip pouch or not. Would make that section of the game a little harder cause I'd have to run there too.

I skip that pouch because that stretch of the game is the hardest for me too and I wanna spend the least amount of time on it possible. That means I skip the SMG/Magnum too. Also, I like to move one of the book shelves in place before going to the first boss since it makes moving the other two while Mr. X is chasing me a lot easier.

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that I had $2 of PSN credit that I didn't know I had. Time to buy that Classic OST. Gonna wait for the low poly skins to release and then it'll be the GOAT.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
I skip that pouch because that stretch of the game is the hardest for me too and I wanna spend the least amount of time on it possible. That means I skip the SMG/Magnum too. Also, I like to move one of the book shelves in place before going to the first boss since it makes moving the other two while Mr. X is chasing me a lot easier.

You know that you can move them all at the same time by just using the left most one

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
You know that you can move them all at the same time by just using the left most one

Yeah but you don't need to move them all in the first place. You only need to move three starting from the second to last from the left, the one next to the shelf jammed with the jack. I like to move the one on the right once to the left before even triggering Mr. X that way once it comes time to complete the puzzle, I just have to do two movements instead of three. You can just grab the one all the way to the left and push everything to the right all at once once you remove the jack, but that takes three movements and gives Mr. X more time to catch up to you.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Normal. I wasn't really trying to speedrun it but if the possibility is there I would put a little hustle in my step haha. So fucking stupid locking so much behind speedrunning when most people have no interest in that or don't play that way :/

You have three hours. It's doable... But is this your first playthrough? Don't rush your first playthrough.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Normal. I wasn't really trying to speedrun it but if the possibility is there I would put a little hustle in my step haha. So fucking stupid locking so much behind speedrunning when most people have no interest in that or don't play that way :/
It's doable on standard. Assuming this isn't your first playthrough and you know what you're doing both in terms of where to go and puzzle solutions.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, goddamn Birkin 2 & 3 -_-

G3 became a lot more manageable for me after I realized that almost all of his moves utilize his right arm, so you need to stick to his left side to dodge his attacks. There's absolutely nothing in his design that would indicate that he favors that arm (like the Cleric Beast for instance) so it took a lot longer to make that connection and I had to learn from just continuously getting smacked around.

But for anyone struggling on that boss, there ya go. Learn from my pain.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Well for one, all the time you spent getting things like the badge was wasted. Don't bother grabbing it with Claire at all and as Leon only bother with it if you suck at fighting bosses.

The only inventory upgrade you should get is the one in the west office safe so don't bother with the portable safes.

Always know where you're going and always run (unless it's a room where you need to get by a licker)

Avoid getting grabbed outside of specific instances (like the first G adult in the sewers), even if you have a defense item. The animation is a huge waste of time.
nah, I deleted the game, it just not for me

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't do a no-save run simply because the game could potentially crash at some point. Actually happened to me once in my first playthrough.
On standard the game is constantly auto saving so not doing manual saves isn;t a big deal. Even if the game crashes or you lose power you won't lose too much progress.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
DzE-sdEWkAAcCBM.jpg:large

S Rank standard was a lot easier than completing Hardcore. I thought it would be the opposite. Now onto Leon A S rank. I doubt I'll go for S rank Hardcore because I struggle a lot with that mode.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I noticed while listening to the RE3 music that the Nemesis theme has that same bass tone as the Mr X theme.

I can only imagine how badass the Nemesis theme will sound in the Remake.

Oct 25, 2017
Just cleared Claire A with a B rank. It's not an S, but it's improvement. I'm really going to need to watch S runs to know how they did it.
I wouldn't do a no-save run simply because the game could potentially crash at some point. Actually happened to me once in my first playthrough.
I saw a streamer attempting this only for a random dog in the parking garage to end his run after escaping from X multiple times and having to start dealing with the fuse stuff. He tried to juke a dog, but it was too quick, shit was a weird mix of hilarious and sad.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm running through Leon B right now and my god, my main thought sometimes is

"NO MR. X-DONO NO YAMATE", my god, he shows up in so many worse situations than in the A playthrough