• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the true ending today. Great game. Played Leon A and Claire B to do it.

Started another playthrough on Claire B to get S Rank on Standard for the infinite handgun so I can do Hardcore afterwards.

Need some tips though:

What weapons should I be using to S Rank Standard Claire B? What weapons to use on zombies, lickers and what weapons to use on the bosses? Any tips? Is the quickdraw gun good? It seemed pretty powerful when I went through Claire B the first time. but not sure if its a good weapon to use as you cant craft ammo for it only find it? Which grenade launcher is best? Acid or Fire? I noticed you cant create fire rounds either?

Anyway, I feel like I'm stressed playing the game already to get S Rank even on standard difficulty. Feels like i cant waste any time lol. I made it into the police station west side save room by the stairs in about 9 minutes. Also obviously gonna miss a ton of items rushing but i dunno what I need to go for or what not to in regards to weapons, healing, ammo etc. Watching some speed runs on youtube but these gamers are literally flying through the game missing as much as possible. i'm not interested in breaking records just comfortably beating it within 3 hours for the S Rank. I just dont wanna fuck it up by not having enough ammo or healing on a boss because I rushed through it. So far I've already restarted lots of times just to get to the first save point in the police station as quick as possible.

Is there a good video I can follow for Claire B to get the S Rank on standard? There is no way I'm gonna figure out what routes are best myself as I know I'll just fuck it up if I dont follow a guide. I already forgot the order of puzzles and where to go next in a lot of places.

How viable is doing hardcore with the infinite handgun when I get it instead of infinite smg? I don't really fancy doing S Rank Hardcore to get the other infinite weapon. That seems like it would be hell.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel this was very intentional
Yep. It'd be pretty dull if both characters played the same.
I can agree with this. I honestly wasn't expecting to prefer playing as Claire to be honest. Most of the enemies you can do some decent thinking around and you usually feel pretty prepared. With Leon though you're like "Oh fuck it's a Licker, I want no part of this." With Claire you already know you can at most two shot the fucking thing and be done with it if you have to.

SniperWolf1

Nov 8, 2017
It also ties in to Leon A / Claire B being the intended order by Claire's SAA further exacerbating that dynamic.

The games story doesn't point to that being the order at all though. The story, as poorly told and interwoven as it is now, still points to Claire A and Leon B being the canon order just like the original. With Claire always being ahead of Leon. A minor example being the interrogation room mirror always being broken before Leon gets there, and a big one being Claire reaching the lab first, to you know... have the whole ending take place.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I feel like Leon's arsenal is more useful. Claire's grenade launcher is awesome, but I feel like the Spark Shot is mostly garbage and only truly useful against the big G monsters in the sewers. The submachine gun is also trash unless you upgrade it completely, but they requires a huge detour which isn't worth it if you're trying to get a good time.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda lost I found the first Power parts piece for the jail cell area, but can't find the other. Also, I have the Diamond and Spade keys, but can't find the other two. Can someone give me a hint(without spoiling too much) on where I should be looking? Running around looking everywhere, can't seem to find anything.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Kinda lost I found the first Power parts piece for the jail cell area, but can't find the other. Also, I have the Diamond and Spade keys, but can't find the other two. Can someone give me a hint(without spoiling too much) on where I should be looking? Running around looking everywhere, can't seem to find anything.
I heard there's a clock tower somewhere in the police station...

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE

Check the 3F

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, I feel like Leon's arsenal is more useful. Claire's grenade launcher is awesome, but I feel like the Spark Shot is mostly garbage and only truly useful against the big G monsters in the sewers. The submachine gun is also trash unless you upgrade it completely, but they requires a huge detour which isn't worth it if you're trying to get a good time.

I thought this at first but after completing a Hardcore S+ run with both of them, Claire came out on top because of her grenade launcher alone. Since it holds different ammo types, I could use the flame rounds found in the world on enemies while I constantly made acid rounds to use only on bosses. With Leon I was actively using shotgun shells with nothing in reserve since there's only one ammo type. By the end of the game, I had like 15 acid rounds left over with Claire and no shotgun ammo with Leon. The acid rounds also make G3 Birkin absurdly easy because you can stunlock him forever.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
The games story doesn't point to that being the order at all though. The story, as poorly told and interwoven as it is now, still points to Claire A and Leon B being the canon order just like the original. With Claire always being ahead of Leon. A minor example being the interrogation room mirror always being broken before Leon gets there, and a big one being Claire reaching the lab first, to you know... have the whole ending take place.
There is no canon order because there are no A/B scenarios and 2nd run is basically an arranged mode, not something that ties into the story of the first playthrough.

And that order isn't consistent in many spots either, like why are the dogs gone in Claire A then if Leon is trailing her?

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I thought this at first but after completing a Hardcore S+ run with both of them, Claire came out on top because of her grenade launcher alone. Since it holds different ammo types, I could use the flame rounds found in the world on enemies while I constantly made acid rounds to use only on bosses. With Leon I was actively using shotgun shells with nothing in reserve since there's only one ammo type. By the end of the game, I had like 15 acid rounds left over with Claire and no shotgun ammo with Leon. The acid rounds also make G3 Birkin absurdly easy because you can stunlock him forever.
Agreed, Leon's shotgun is great for steamrolling zombies but it's not as good on the bosses imo

His fully upgraded magnum is fantastic though.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So just finished Leon A/Claire B and go the true ending.

Ready to do it again with Claire meeting Marvin. Would that be a new game or 2nd scenario in the options menu?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So random question about the Sewers big puzzle I've finished the area and gone back and done all the stuff I missed in the police station as far as I know at least. Why does the room with the chess piece puzzle still show as red on the map and none of the chess piece plugs have red check marks?

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
I want to go for the platinum, but I haven't even started Claire's route. I don't really do horror games that well honestly. I'm too scared lol

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So random question about the Sewers big puzzle I've finished the area and gone back and done all the stuff I missed in the police station as far as I know at least. Why does the room with the chess piece puzzle still show as red on the map and none of the chess piece plugs have red check marks?

It's a glitch/oversight

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
General comment, but does anyone else find the Resident Evil games (the first four + Code Veronica at least) to be very comforting and invoking of that "cozy" feeling? Despite their survival horror content and constant feeling of tension, I always find them to be really comfy games, especially on subsequent runs.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
theoretically all chess pieces still have a use to open the doors where you got king/queen or to lower that platform near the elevator. you can take all the chess pieces from their plugs to turn the room blue

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
It's going to be hard for me to cut this down further.

PS_Messages_20190210_213847.jpg

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Leon B with an S ranking. Add that to my S with Claire and I have completed all 4 scenarios. Zero interest in Hardcore mode or 4th Survivor so my time with the game (for now) comes to an end. What a fantastic experience, probably jumps all the way up to my second favorite RE or at least neck-and-neck with REmake (4 still the king).

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man. 4th survivor is only like 10 minutes but its so good, like I played it just three times today.

That feeling of anxiety and tension is even greater than full game. Its the best of RE2 distilled into one hell of a vertical slice. I like how powerful yet simultaneously vulnerable Hunk feels, dude's geared up but the nature of the game means even with all his tools, the situation can go south fast. If Capcom returns to action RE, this is what it should feel like.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
G3 became a lot more manageable for me after I realized that almost all of his moves utilize his right arm, so you need to stick to his left side to dodge his attacks. There's absolutely nothing in his design that would indicate that he favors that arm (like the Cleric Beast for instance) so it took a lot longer to make that connection and I had to learn from just continuously getting smacked around.

But for anyone struggling on that boss, there ya go. Learn from my pain.
Thanks for the tip.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Man. 4th survivor is only like 10 minutes but its so good, like I played it just three times today.

That feeling of anxiety and tension is even greater than full game. Its the best of RE2 distilled into one hell of a vertical slice. I like how powerful yet simultaneously vulnerable Hunk feels, dude's geared up but the nature of the game means even with all his tools, the situation can go south fast. If Capcom returns to action RE, this is what it should feel like.
This is war....survival is your responsibility.

Hunk is so badass.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
They should add a game mode where Mr. X actually starts following you after you pick up the club key. Like actually follows you. Like no where is safe, not the Save rooms, not the clocktower, or the STARS office. He'll enter those rooms. He'll also follow you into the basement too and he won't stop until he's dead in the game.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE

The shooting is so much better than it was in RE6.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I just tried 4th survivor earlier today and had the exact same thoughts, it's a lot more fun than I expected it to be. It's satisfying to be able to blow zombies heads off basically whenever you want, but you have to make so many split second decisions about what to shoot or evade whatever that it stays incredibly tense.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just tried 4th survivor earlier today and had the exact same thoughts, it's a lot more fun than I expected it to be. It's satisfying to be able to blow zombies heads off basically whenever you want, but you have to make so many split second decisions about what to shoot or evade whatever that it stays incredibly tense.
Yep, it's a fantastic mode. The mode you unlock for beating it is also great.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
They should add a game mode where Mr. X actually starts following you after you pick up the club key. Like actually follows you. Like no where is safe, not the Save rooms, not the clocktower, or the STARS office. He'll enter those rooms. He'll also follow you into the basement too and he won't stop until he's dead in the game.

God, I would be crying throughout the whole RPD. I feel like the game would need to give us alot more flashbangs etc. in order to survive that mode

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017

tumblr_inline_oigt4m8Rsg1rsh35f_540.png

Hard: whenever you sit down in real life, Mads Mikkelsen sits on your lap, facing you. This is a very hard level because you might get a boner but if you shove him off you lose Mads knocks your lights out and you have to start over. This is the setting Kojima recommends playing as it's the most true to his vision

They can also add multiple Mr Xs as a permanent feature, and have them fatally explode if they get too close to the player. Maybe they can also be invisible?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Oh boy new challenges up on RE Net. Can't wait until I get home from work.

- Hardcore, no shotgun/grenade launcher or sub weapons (knife, grenade, flash).

- Survivor mode, take dmg 3 times or less counterattack 1 time or less.

Oct 27, 2017

I would pay for DLC that you play through the full game as Hunk. Either a "shits and giggles" run through the game tooled up (but still relying on ammo pick ups, so not like the unlockable weapons), or still tooled up but greatly increase the amount of zombies and Lickers to keep the difficulty/tension up.

manunkindh

Jun 7, 2018
So I had 2 runs until now: Leon A and Claire B. Should I start Leon B? Is it very different from the runs I already had? You can use spoiler tag if you want. Thanks.