• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Son of Sparda Here you go. The first bullet point starts outside the weapons locker because the first couple of steps are pretty quick (go to east hallway, grab some items, escape from zombies (no need to kill them), watch Marvin cutscene, then go to west hallway).

Leon A Scenario
  • Kill zombies outside weapons locker (licker will take over later so it's better if the hallway is clear).
  • Grab hip pouch from West Office safe (9-15-7). Grab handgun upgrade (NED and MRG).
  • If needed, grab handgun ammo from weapons locker.
  • Stop by dark room to drop stuff off. Board up window by staircase.
  • Go up to third floor to pick up spade key. Unlock locker on the way (DCM) and pick up magnum rounds.
  • Pick up boards in C4 room (to board up window in west hallway in front of club door of records room).
  • Start setting up library stacks. Kill zombies if you'd like. Pick up art book.
  • Grab lion medallion (lion-leaf-bird).
  • Insert lion medallion into goddess after cutscene. Drop off mag rounds and extra health items in item box. Keep art book and boards.
  • Board up window in front of record room.
  • Unlock west office door with spade key.
  • Go to east waiting room. Unlock safe for handgun upgrade (6-2-11). Use spade key and discard to get to art room.
  • Go to art room for locker key card. Place art book in hand and place hand on statue to get red ruby.
  • Grab bolt cutters after cutscene.
  • Go to east office. Grab electronic plug and valve. Grab other items (flashbang, gunpowder for shotgun shells) if there's room in inventory. Watch out for zombies coming in through double doors.
  • Use electronic plug on shutters. Drop off any extra items in item box.
  • Go through west hallway to get to operations room. Use bolt cutters then discard. Grab C4 detonator.
  • Go to weapons locker, use keycard, then grab shotgun and shells.
  • Go to second floor. Use valve. Open locked locker (CAP).
  • Go to STARS room (licker in hallway). Pick up battery to combine with detonator and any other items. Grab flashbang for licker in hallway.
  • Go back to hallway (watch out for licker again, may need to throw flashbang). Grab unicorn medallion (fish-scorpion-jug) in room next to library.
  • Go to second floor library to blow up C4. Grab maiden medallion (maiden-bow-snail). Watch out for licker on way out (use flashbang and shotgun) to library.
  • Use maiden and unicorn medallions.
  • Drop off items and prep for G1 battle. First save?
  • Go to jail and pick up crank.
  • Go through kennel. Shoot dogs in cages or use a grenade (may not be necessary).
  • Go to morgue to pick up flashbang and red herb. Don't pick up diamond key.
  • Go to generator room to pick up electronic part. Solve puzzle (3-4) and avoid dogs. Get back 1F RPD.
  • Go to save room to pick up electronic plug. Grab boards from item box and board up windows in hallway.
  • Go through hallway and board up windows. Go up outdoor staircase and pick up boards. Go up to east storage room for gear. Grab any items if there's space.
  • Fall from balcony. Switch hose from R to L. Kill zombies and go to save room for club key.
  • Avoid Mr.X and go to interrogation room. Board up window along the way. Pick up ammo and jewel box.
  • Go to main hall (Mr. X may bust through press room which will give you a shortcut, but if not, go through waiting room). Grab red ruby and gear from item box. Combine ruby with jewel box.
  • Go to west records room (walk to avoid licker), unlock with club key and discard. Grab jack and grenade if there's space. Jiggle heart door to despawn licker in hallway.
  • Go to library. Use jack to free up inventory space, but don't go to clock tower yet.
  • Go to STARS room to pick up magnum. Watch out for licker in that hallway. Mr. X may follow you to this hallway, but he won't enter STARS room. You can wait him out so that you can go back to library without him bothering you.
  • Get to clock tower to get electronic part.
  • Go to east storage room (avoid zombies). Go to outdoor staircase. Get other electronic part from item box. Store magnum. Grab flashbang from item box.
  • Go to jail (avoid dogs). Pick up key card. Avoid Mr. X (there's enough room for you to bait his punch, and run around him) and throw flashbang on zombies.
  • Go to Kendo's shop, pick up shotgun stock and other items.
  • Get through alligator section and do Ada section.
  • Make way to save room. Grab magnum rounds in locked locker (S-Z-F).
  • Get T-bar near cable car. Grab shotgun stock from safe (2-12-8). Don't pick up blue herb (will wake up zombie). Make sure there are at least 5 spaces in inventory.
  • Go to queen/king puzzle room. Avoid G-adults. Grab queen and king pieces and flame thrower.
  • Head towards where rook piece is. Grab rook piece.
  • Set up puzzle and 2nd save before G2.
  • Head towards nap room. Bring only handgun and flamethrower. Pick up any items and keycard upgrade. Combine flamethrower upgrade with flamethrower.
  • Drop off items in item box and head to east area.
  • Go to puzzle room, and unlock both doors (3123 & 2067). Grab dispersal cartridge.
  • Go to drug testing lab and synthesize herbicide (R-G-B-R-G-B-R-G). Grab hand grenade in that room.
  • Go down shaft and into lounge. Kill zombies on ground with grenade. Head towards signal modulator (avoid lickers).
  • Go up staircase and grab signal modulator. Go back downstairs to lounge.
  • Avoid lickers and activate lights.
  • Go to freezer room, and finish herbicide synthesis.
  • Go back to dispersal room through lounge.
  • Drop off items in server room item box. Go through shaft (avoid lickers and ivies).
  • Disperse herbicide, pick up flashbang, and grab keycard upgrade.
  • Avoid ivies and Mr. X. Go back to nap room for hip pouch if good on time.
  • Head to west area and last save before G3 and Super Tyrant.

Oh and another big tip that I feel like isn't well known is that when you pick up items that can be combined with other items, you can combine them right away without needing to free up inventory space. I.e. If I pick up a red herb and there's a green herb already in my inventory, I can just combine the two right away without having to put the red herb in a different space.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Hardcore S+ for Leon A campaign, clocked at 01:58:24. The actual amount spent after dying and restarting over and over was 7 hours haha. I recommend getting the unbreakable knife before aiming for Hardcore S+ rank! its a life saver!

Special thanks to YouTuber uhTrance for his walkthrough

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Fair point with the lickers, would have to be after Leon since the lickers kill the remaining dogs in the cages that Leon sees alive. It's just weird because it feels like they tried to have some continuity at certain points while flat out ignoring it in others. It's like a mishmash of RE1 and RE2's storytelling which just doesn't work for me. Arrange mode is definately a good way of looking at second run. I'm just gonna have to accept the story is not interwoven like the original, which bums me out cause that was my favorite part about it. Oh well, hell of game otherwise though.

My question is, were the dogs already zombies by the time the lickers killed them? I'd hate to think of poor doggos being eaten by lickers when they can't even defend themselves.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phew, got S+ (3 saves) on my first Leon B run, but just barely at 2:39. Got the last of those pesky raccoons, too. Finally wrapped up all of the stories on Standard difficulty. I think I'll take a bit of a break before attempting hardcore (if ever) and trying Hunk's run.

This sure is a hell of a game, isn't it?

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Think I'm still pretty early in, just finishing solving the Goddess Statue, but really enjoying this so far. I feel it's been just the right amount of tension so far on standard difficulty. Think I'm doing ok on ammo and healing items, but always feel a bit paranoid that I don't have enough lol.

Also really love the way they handled the map in this game. Really handy when it marks not only when a room is clear, but also the items I don't pick up so I can come back for them later when I clear inventory.

OniBaka

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Honestly I say the game provides you enough bullets during a boss fight provided you make good use of them, unless you literally have zero resources going in.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Nice progress :). Annin was tough because he only has one knife. If you are unlucky the Ivy's or Mr X can insta kill you.

Yeah Annin is the only Tofu I haven't completed. I keep trying to save the knife towards the end but I keep using it earlier on pure instinct. I got to the courtyard once with Annin so I know I can do it soon. I find when I leave and come back to it after a day I beat each Tofu 2nd or 3rd try.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Yeah Annin is the only Tofu I haven't completed. I keep trying to save the knife towards the end but I keep using it earlier on pure instinct. I got to the courtyard once with Annin so I know I can do it soon. I find when I leave and come back to it after a day I beat each Tofu 2nd or 3rd try.

I had the same trouble with Annin. Glad I am not alone on this. I use sub weapons on pure instinct as well. Auto trigger :p. You can do it. You have to be a little bit lucky as well.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I say the game provides you enough bullets during a boss fight provided you make good use of them, unless you literally have zero resources going in.
Thanks to the adaptive difficulty I'm pretty sure it's possible to beat every boss even if you go inwith absolutely nothing on you (except the weapons of course).

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I'm in LOVE with the game again :)

I can't say how much I could not stand the ADA section with no ammo and no health ; what they're were thinking ( said the NERD style ) ?

I love the Sewers ! I now remember I use to love that part back in the day. Hopefully, the game remains great until the end. I hope I won't see Mr X again, but that's wishful thinking :(

Can't wait to be back from work and play it hours.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in LOVE with the game again :)

I can't say how much I could not stand the ADA section with no ammo and no health ; what they're were thinking ( said the NERD style ) ?

I love the Sewers ! I now remember I use to love that part back in the day. Hopefully, the game remains great until the end. I hope I won't see Mr X again, but that's wishful thinking :(

Can't wait to be back from work and play it hours.
The Ada section doesn't have health but it does have multiple ammo pickups and a flash grenade.

While the Ada section isn't great, it's better than the Ada section in the original game IMO. The Sherry section on the other hand. I regret ever complaining about the box pushing in the original.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
The Ada section doesn't have health but it does have multiple ammo pickups and a flash grenade.

While the Ada section isn't great, it's better than the Ada section in the original game IMO. The Sherry section on the other hand. I regret ever complaining about the box pushing in the original.

I still think it not enough ammo. But on the other hand, I'm might be terrible at aiming. I feel I have headshot by chance. Maybe I need ti be more precise.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta agree that it's a waste to kill the zombies in Ada's section. Should only have to stun shoot 3 max if you're quick enough.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

Yeah the new Sherry section sucked and felt like a waste of opportunity imo.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm close to the end of Leon A and will play Claire B, but I don't think I'll do Claire A-Leon B.

From what I can gather it's just that

Person A is playable in the gas station, then is immediately in the precinct with major story cutscenes (longer first half)
Person B saves Person A at the gas station, then outside the precinct (shorter first half)
Leon always ends up in the sewer with Ada (same second half for Leon A and B)
Claire probably has the exact same second half in both A and B too, not sure what it is yet

So if I played Claire A, I'd just do with her what I did with Leon in the first half of Leon A and then redo Claire B second half

Correct me if wrong.

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'm close to the end of Leon A and will play Claire B, but I don't think I'll do Claire A-Leon B.

From what I can gather it's just that

Person A is playable in the gas station, then immediately in the precinct with major story cutscenes (longer first half)
Person B saves Person A at the gas station, then outside the precinct (shorter first half)
Leon always ends up in the sewer with Ada (second half)
Claire probably has the exact same second half in both A and B too, not sure what it is yet

Correct me if wrong.
No, you're right. The story, cutscenes, locations, all that major stuff, stays exactly the same, no matter the scenario. Item placements and puzzle solutions are a little tweaked, but mainly in the beginning of the game. Probably the biggest change you'd see is being able to try out a different pistol you didn't have access to in your A playthrough.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I tried for S+ again on Leon B and but I think I'm just about few minutes too late to be able to tackle it in time. 1:29:33 at the save point prior to G2. I assume that'll take 5 minutes, and the lab will take at least 15, but that gives me only 10 minutes to beat G3, beat the Tyrant, and beat G5. I feel like I'll pretty reliably be at least 2 mintues over every time.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I did a stream for S+ for leon on hardcore and it was on PS4 if you need to watch for tips.

Didn't know you had a full speed run video Oni. I'll def check that out! The fact that you are doing this on PS4 makes it even better.

Son of Sparda Here you go. The first bullet point starts outside the weapons locker because the first couple of steps are pretty quick (go to east hallway, grab some items, escape from zombies (no need to kill them), watch Marvin cutscene, then go to west hallway).

Leon A Scenario
  • Kill zombies outside weapons locker (licker will take over later so it's better if the hallway is clear).
  • Grab hip pouch from West Office safe (9-15-7). Grab handgun upgrade (NED and MRG).
  • Go up to third floor to pick up spade key. Unlock locker on the way (DCM) and pick up magnum rounds.
  • Pick up boards in C4 room (to board up window in west hallway in front of club door of records room).
  • Start setting up library stacks. Kill zombies if you'd like. Pick up art book.
  • Insert lion medallion into goddess after cutscene. Drop off mag rounds and extra health items in item box. Keep art book and boards.
  • Go to east waiting room. Unlock safe for handgun upgrade (6-2-11). Use spade key and discard to get to art room.
  • Go to art room for locker key card. Place art book in hand and place hand on statue to get red ruby.
  • Go to east office. Grab electronic plug and valve. Grab other items (flashbang, gunpowder for shotgun shells) if there's room in inventory. Watch out for zombies coming in through double doors.
  • Go through west hallway to get to operations room. Use bolt cutters then discard. Grab C4 detonator.
  • Go to STARS room (licker in hallway). Pick up battery to combine with detonator and any other items. Grab flashbang for licker in hallway.
  • Go back to hallway (watch out for licker again, may need to throw flashbang). Grab unicorn medallion (fish-scorpion-jug) in room next to library.
  • Go to second floor library to blow up C4. Grab maiden medallion (maiden-bow-snail). Watch out for licker on way out (use flashbang and shotgun) to library.
  • Go through kennel. Shoot dogs in cages or use a grenade (may not be necessary).
  • Go to generator room to pick up electronic part. Solve puzzle (3-4) and avoid dogs. Get back 1F RPD.
  • Go to save room to pick up electronic plug. Grab boards from item box and board up windows in hallway.
  • Go through hallway and board up windows. Go up outdoor staircase and pick up boards. Go up to east storage room for gear. Grab any items if there's space.
  • Fall from balcony. Switch hose from R to L. Kill zombies and go to save room for club key.
  • Avoid Mr.X and go to interrogation room. Board up window along the way. Pick up ammo and jewel box.
  • Go to main hall (Mr. X may bust through press room which will give you a shortcut, but if not, go through waiting room). Grab red ruby and gear from item box. Combine ruby with jewel box.
  • Go to west records room (walk to avoid licker), unlock with club key and discard. Grab jack and grenade if there's space. Jiggle heart door to despawn licker in hallway.
  • Go to library. Use jack to free up inventory space, but don't go to clock tower yet.
  • Go to STARS room to pick up magnum. Watch out for licker in that hallway. Mr. X may follow you to this hallway, but he won't enter STARS room. You can wait him out so that you can go back to library without him bothering you.
  • Go to east storage room (avoid zombies). Go to outdoor staircase. Get other electronic part from item box. Store magnum. Grab flashbang from item box.
  • Go to jail (avoid dogs). Pick up key card. Avoid Mr. X (there's enough room for you to bait his punch, and run around him) and throw flashbang on zombies.
  • Get T-bar near cable car. Grab shotgun stock from safe (2-12-8). Don't pick up blue herb (will wake up zombie). Make sure there are at least 5 spaces in inventory.
  • Go to queen/king puzzle room. Avoid G-adults. Grab queen and king pieces and flame thrower.
  • Head towards nap room. Bring only handgun and flamethrower. Pick up any items and keycard upgrade. Combine flamethrower upgrade with flamethrower.
  • Go to puzzle room, and unlock both doors (3123 & 2067). Grab dispersal cartridge.
  • Go to drug testing lab and synthesize herbicide (R-G-B-R-G-B-R-G). Grab hand grenade in that room.
  • Go down shaft and into lounge. Kill zombies on ground with grenade. Head towards signal modulator (avoid lickers).
  • Drop off items in server room item box. Go through shaft (avoid lickers and ivies).

Oh and another big tip that I feel like isn't well known is that when you pick up items that can be combined with other items, you can combine them right away without needing to free up inventory space. I.e. If I pick up a red herb and there's a green herb already in my inventory, I can just combine the two right away without having to put the red herb in a different space.
Thanks man.

Yeah I knew about the combine thing before picking stuff up. It's really helpful.

My favorite RE content creator, and one of very few speed runners that are good at talking/commentating.

His channel is a treasure if you like classic REs.

I checked out one of his RE2 speedruns before and while he is def a pro at doing this, he also uses the knife trick which isn't possible in the PS4 version of the game. Thanks for linking this tho.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Having played through the scenarios a bunch of times now. I prefer playing Claire A then Leon B.
Having Claire explore the gas station and Leon shoot the zombie in the cutscene is a better reference to the original. While it seems more appropriate for Leon to interact with Marvin, I find Claire's interactions more story and character relevant. In her search for Chris, it's better that she talks to a RPD officer. Leon finding his uniform in the that storage room in the courtyard is an actual scene in scenario B. Feels like a scene is missing of Marvin giving it to Leon in A. The ending with Leon fighting G5 is a character beat that works far better. Sherry and Leon meet for the first time seconds before this segment starts. Leon is so out of touch with Claire that his only response to Sherry is literally "Okay". I can't imagine from a character perspective Claire telling Leon to look after Sherry while she fights G5, nor Leon just being okay with guarding Sherry while Claire goes to fight. (Although I don't think anyone needs to look after Sherry at this point, both characters should participate in this fight, with Sherry doing her best to get the train cars ready for separation).

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Having played through the scenarios a bunch of times now. I prefer playing Claire A then Leon B.
Having Claire explore the gas station and Leon shoot the zombie in the cutscene is a better reference to the original. While it seems more appropriate for Leon to interact with Marvin, I find Claire's interactions more story and character relevant. In her search for Chris, it's better that she talks to a RPD officer. Leon finding his uniform in the that storage room in the courtyard is an actual scene in scenario B. Feels like a scene is missing of Marvin giving it to Leon in A. The ending with Leon fighting G5 is a character beat that works far better. Sherry and Leon meet for the first time seconds before this segment starts. Leon is so out of touch with Claire that his only response to Sherry is literally "Okay". I can't imagine from a character perspective Claire telling Leon to look after Sherry while she fights G5, nor Leon just being okay with guarding Sherry while Claire goes to fight. (Although I don't think anyone needs to look after Sherry at this point, both characters should participate in this fight, with Sherry doing her best to get the train cars ready for separation).

I agree with all of that, but the Leon-Ada relationship is so fun that it's hard to wait for the second run.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
They've stated that there is a new enemy type in ghost survivors. I'm hoping it's not just the poison gas zombies that seem to be in one of Kendo's screenshots.

I really hope it's either the big spider or the evolved licker. They really need to put either of those two in the main game.

I'd kill for a PS5 re-release of this game with ALL the enemies from the original being added, maybe even more bosses and a bigger lab.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks man.

Yeah I knew about the combine thing before picking stuff up. It's really helpful.

No problem. Writing things out really helped me get that S+ with plenty of time to spare (I finished in a little less than 2 hours). I mostly carried the handgun without the stock, upgraded shotgun, and ammo for both as a default. That's 5 spaces taken up in the inventory, and I usually carried just one health item (or none if I knew I was going to be picking up a full heal in between item boxes). I only carried defensive items when I knew I absolutely needed them (boss fights, jail Mr. X sequence, NEST lounge, etc.), and more of than not, I used those offensively.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Sherry section would have been a lot more fun if there was more interactivity or solutions like in other stealth games. As it is it's pure trial and error which is lame.

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know, I really would like the option to unlock unlimited ammo for all weapons. Fully upgraded shotgun and magnum with unlimited ammo would be fun.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Sherry section would have been a lot more fun if there was more interactivity or solutions like in other stealth games. As it is it's pure trial and error which is lame.

If the game gave you just a one time chance, an item or prompt, to get out of Irons grasp that would make that section fine. It just really sucks to fail it and have to repeat. It's easy once you know his path, but the first time your a bit amped up and prone to make a mistake.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Leon A Scenario

Is this walkthrough relevant for console (ie. no Knife Trick/Glitch)? Would like to try when Ghost Survivors is out, while I have the game out again.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this walkthrough relevant for console (ie. no Knife Trick/Glitch)? Would like to try when Ghost Survivors is out, while I have the game out again.

Yeah I played on Xbox. The only time I used the knife (outside of using it defensively) is the very beginning of G1 since he's stuck in the opening animation for a good chunk of time.