• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Finished 4th Survivor and every one of the Ghost Survivor stories. Wow those were tough, especially figuring out which guns/items to prioritize in Forgotten Solider. On my winning run I ended up just skipping the Licker (and grabbing the first aid spray right before it, which helped a ton at the very end).

Didn't think I would get through No Way Out until I stumbled upon the fact that you don't have to worry about damaging yourself with the rocket launcher. I was in the high 80s and completely surrounded by armored, poison, and pale zombies and was just going to shoot a rocket at my feet to go out in the blaze of glory only to find it did no (or very little damage) to me and I was left with one last zombie to safely pick off. So don't be afraid to fire danger close.

Tried Tofu a couple of times and damn. I got close (Licker outside of Iron's office) but knowing that I still had the courtyard to go and I had zero knives makes it seem like I wasn't close at all. I feel like you need at least 3 to get through the courtyard and the stairs. Also, is there anything you can do with the spare red herb Tofu has, or is that just there to screw with you?

Oct 25, 2017
please..

this argument gets tossed around all the time.
just because something has some unrealistic stuff in it, doesn't mean nothing has to make sense.

Sure, but the original point was that it was unrealistic for Claire to jump into the ring with a massive monster, which is just a dumb argument to make. Claire's story arc is a pretty standard hero journey. Step 1, do something for own purposes (look for brother, escape city), Step 2, have external factors influencing your character (meets Sherry, realizes there's something more important than just yourself), Step 3, rise up to the occasion ("I have the capability to stop this thing since Annette is incapacitated, and will do it to protect Sherry").

By saying that it was unrealistic would be saying it's unrealistic for a lot of fiction and media. Then we're just stuck with real life. Thank god that person doesn't write stories for us.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Finished 4th Survivor and every one of the Ghost Survivor stories. Wow those were tough, especially figuring out which guns/items to prioritize in Forgotten Solider. On my winning run I ended up just skipping the Licker (and grabbing the first aid spray right before it, which helped a ton at the very end).

Didn't think I would get through No Way Out until I stumbled upon the fact that you don't have to worry about damaging yourself with the rocket launcher. I was in the high 80s and completely surrounded by armored, poison, and pale zombies and was just going to shoot a rocket at my feet to go out in the blaze of glory only to find it did no (or very little damage) to me and I was left with one last zombie to safely pick off. So don't be afraid to fire danger close.

Tried Tofu a couple of times and damn. I got close (Licker outside of Iron's office) but knowing that I still had the courtyard to go and I had zero knives makes it seem like I wasn't close at all. I feel like you need at least 3 to get through the courtyard and the stairs. Also, is there anything you can do with the spare red herb Tofu has, or is that just there to screw with you?

I think you're meant to combine the red herb with the blue for just the defensive boost and the red with the green. That way you'll make use of them all.

Oct 25, 2017

Base Tofu is all about avoiding enemies. There are a lot of places where you can just rush past all zombies, and I actually ended up having 3 knives left over by the time I got to the courtyard.

And yeah, you're supposed to combine red and blue to give yourself a defense buff. I used it right when I got to the massive room in the sewers with the dogs.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
This person has the hottest take on RE2.

I barely finished the article. Reaffirms my reasons not to take gaming journalism seriously.

I read the article a while ago, I think it's an understandable take on illogical video game logic, especially as it's likely coming from someone who isn't familiar with the original game, or possibly even Resident Evil in general.

We here all know this is based on a game from 1998 made by people coming from a Japanese perspective, but to most other people it's just a modern zombie game with the word "survival" in its description. That immediately brings up comparisons to stuff like The Walking Dead and more popular survival games. Really it's a look at how RE2's content and subject matter hold up in today's world.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ha wow it's pretty bad I didn't think to try that. Cheers!
I always take Tofu's Red + Blue herb around the first Licker because I know that Licker is gonna sneakily hit me hard.

Also, you can always walk past the 2nd Licker in the basement to avoid getting grabbed and wasting a knife. And the one you died too if you stick to the right constantly when you're running past it, it should always miss you.

Jul 24, 2018
Regarding the orphanage in Claire Run 2:
I was really creeped out reading the letter mentioning how all the kids were killed in an incident. He/She cold bloodedly said that there are no worries and we can come with a story to lie to the neighbours regarding how the kids "disappeared". He/She also said that they will bring new "test subjects" to the orphanage.
Gotta have those poignancy points like Dead Space 2.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Danielle is great though and it's an interesting perspective on the game. Don't understand the backlash to this article at all.

It's not a poorly written article but it's a stupid perspective to write from. Feeling bad about looting when everyone is dead and you are trying to survive!? WTF, its a goddamn survival horror game, you know what you're getting into when you play the game. This article seems like its written by a college student in an english class by a kid trying to find shit to complain about that they think their professor will find insightful.

Then there is this bit:

Early on, protagonists Claire and Leon hear a radio message instructing all citizens to head for the station.

That notion is wild, the police station as fortress/safe haven is laughably naive (particularly for people of color). It certainly was in the 90s as well, and really, when has policing in America ever actually been about keeping neighborhoods safe as opposed to keeping a racist status quo up and running?

I mean, most people can agree that some cops are racist pieces of shit, but good lord, proclaiming that nobody would consider a police station a safe haven and that all policing is about is keeping people of color down is inflammatory and idiotic.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I was really creeped out reading the letter mentioning how all the kids were killed in an incident. He/She cold bloodedly said that there are no worries and we can come with a story to lie to the neighbours regarding how the kids "disappeared". He/She also said that they will bring new "test subjects" to the orphanage.
Considering this was tied to the lap and those working in it, with obvious involvement of the Birkins as they were in charge, I really hate how Annette gets a redeeming end despite being as much of a despicable human.

Annette I think is interestingly gray in her standing, and so on.
I don't think anyone involved in the lap is gray. ^

Last edited:

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Considering this was tied to the lap and those working in it, with obvious involvement of the Birkins as they were in charge, I really hate how Annette gets a redeeming end despite being as much of a despicable human.

Anette - "It's too late she's infected"
Claire - "are you fucking serious"
Anette - "Actually I have this lab with the cure i GUESS we could take my daughter there but peace"
I love the dumbass story in this game

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Something even more fucked up that I only just noticed. At the end of Claire's scenario

a file in the NEST about G virus testing mentions two test subjects with a previous existing relationship that were used to test the reproductive properties of G. The test subject number corresponds with Oliver's from the file you mentioned. So basically what happens is Tom, who from his diary we find was best friends with Oliver's, is infected with G and implants Oliver.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
re: Danielle Riendeau's Waypoint article

First, I think most people just have a hot take viewpoint on criticism.

The most common attribute people will assign to criticism is that it only occurs when someone disagrees with something about the media or art piece, and I will grant you that this is the most common occurrence.

I do not think that that is necessarily Danielle Riendeau's intent.

Criticism exists to be constructive. Criticism does not always equate the idea of "the thing failing to achieve a certain subjective desire" to "this thing is a failure."

Riendeau's article is basically stating, "I have some personal first responder and aid training that would be useful to a survival scenario like the one that my play time in Resident Evil 2 is putting me through. It sure would be great if we could apply some of the scenario based design of RE2 to a game where my kind of training fits in!" It's not saying Claire is a jerkbutt, it's just pointing out that Claire and Leon exist to respond to the situation with violent means. Is that new, unusual, or even particular bad in videogames? No, and Riendeau isn't really arguing that, and she even concedes that she knows why this is the prevalent videogamey response and videogamey logic to it all.

Riendeau publishing this viewpoint is not suggestive of the idea that Resident Evil 2 is bad, it's just not particularly stand-out or creative or unique within the realm of videogames. Some of you are even coming forward and saying, "Yeah there's nothing really that interesting about all of RE's story or characters -- they're endearing within my framework of understanding for what an action game is, but they sure aren't Shakespeare!"

Well, yeah. That's fine. That's even great. I like that stuff myself. RE2 Remake is probably my 2nd favorite game ever made now. Leon and Claire are iconic in my mind, both from being a fan of the original way back in 1998 to adoring this remake.

I still want to see a game that Riendeau suggests off of the back of her personal experience and the back of her play experience with RE2. I don't want to see that game exist as something that aims specifically to present itself as a work of art or media that surpasses Resident Evil 2 -- I just think it's a cool idea. Riendeau thinks that would make a survival horror more relateable to her, and I get that.

Anyway, tl;dr y'all being meaninglessly defensive and uptight, chill the fuck out.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I wholeheartedly agree, she's a horrible human being even if she had a moment of clarity towards the en in Claire's run.

That said, IIRC both in the original game and probably in this remake she was actually developing the vaccine, not the virus itself, so she might have not been so 'hands-on' as William was. At least she understood that the (unfinished) G virus shouldn't be out there, unlike her pos husband.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I read the article a while ago, I think it's an understandable take on illogical video game logic, especially as it's likely coming from someone who isn't familiar with the original game, or possibly even Resident Evil in general.

We here all know this is based on a game from 1998 made by people coming from a Japanese perspective, but to most other people it's just a modern zombie game with the word "survival" in its description. That immediately brings up comparisons to stuff like The Walking Dead and more popular survival games. Really it's a look at how RE2's content and subject matter hold up in today's world.
I don't think this is just a matter of outdated game meets modern expectations. We still have plenty of games that are just pure shooters, so expecting it to have more detailed role playing choices or being able to rummage through the scenery isnt some universal fact of modern gaming. Your average Fortnite player would expect less non-shooting mechanics.

I think it's more like person with limited experience with "apples" tries "oranges". The writer specifically mentions Life is Strange and walking simulators as her frames of reference. These are another kind of niche game that don't define our current landscape, and are honestly a baffling set of games to bring up here. I think she just has a particular history with a narrow slice of games dominated by narrative choice and not action gameplay, and her expectations are therefore completely askew.

Oct 25, 2017

The most common attribute people will assign to criticism is that it only occurs when someone disagrees with something about the media or art piece, and I will grant you that this is the most common occurrence.

Criticism exists to be constructive. Criticism does not always equate the idea of "the thing failing to achieve a certain subjective desire" to "this thing is a failure."

Riendeau's article is basically stating, "I have some personal first responder and aid training that would be useful to a survival scenario like the one that my play time in Resident Evil 2 is putting me through. It sure would be great if we could apply some of the scenario based design of RE2 to a game where my kind of training fits in!" It's not saying Claire is a jerkbutt, it's just pointing out that Claire and Leon exist to respond to the situation with violent means. Is that new, unusual, or even particular bad in videogames? No, and Riendeau isn't really arguing that, and she even concedes that she knows why this is the prevalent videogamey response and videogamey logic to it all.

Riendeau publishing this viewpoint is not suggestive of the idea that Resident Evil 2 is bad, it's just not particularly stand-out or creative or unique within the realm of videogames. Some of you are even coming forward and saying, "Yeah there's nothing really that interesting about all of RE's story or characters -- they're endearing within my framework of understanding for what an action game is, but they sure aren't Shakespeare!"

Well, yeah. That's fine. That's even great. I like that stuff myself. RE2 Remake is probably my 2nd favorite game ever made now. Leon and Claire are iconic in my mind, both from being a fan of the original way back in 1998 to adoring this remake.

I still want to see a game that Riendeau suggests off of the back of her personal experience and the back of her play experience with RE2. I don't want to see that game exist as something that aims specifically to present itself as a work of art or media that surpasses Resident Evil 2 -- I just think it's a cool idea. Riendeau thinks that would make a survival horror more relateable to her, and I get that.

Anyway, tl;dr y'all being meaninglessly defensive and uptight, chill the fuck out.

Eh I don't know, I'm all for applying a different lens in how we judge/view/assess our video games, but the assertions within her article seemed still too much of a reach and ignores a lot of the context surrounding this game. To use one of your points, she's applying the sort of analysis you would for Shakespeare to a piece of media that's more akin to a popcorn action movie.

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
NnwfvvN.jpg

Has anyone run into this texture issue with Claire's Noir costume? Verifed game files, did a full reinstall and Im still getting a greenish texture.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I had hoped the SSR would be fixed in patch 1.03, but it's still ugly as always... oh well now I am sure it's intended behaviour of the engine. I guess I will have to wait for the PS5 version, then. 🥴

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Eh I don't know, I'm all for applying a different lens in how we judge/view/assess our video games, but the assertions within her article seemed still too much of a reach and ignores a lot of the context surrounding this game. To use one of your points, she's applying the sort of analysis you would for Shakespeare to a piece of media that's more akin to a popcorn action movie.

I'd further argue that no piece of media is free of having any other lens applied to it, including "Shakespeare level analysis," regardless of the media's intent or intellectual level, too.

I'm not trying to put you down -- in fact as far as this thread goes you're one of the users I respect the most for your robust tip-giving (which has directly aided my play experience) and your various achievements within the game... I just don't think we're really seeing the forest for the trees as a community in response to the article and we're focusing a negative response back at something that never intended to tear down the game at all.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'd further argue that no piece of media is free of having any other lens applied to it, including "Shakespeare level analysis," regardless of the media's intent or intellectual level, too.

I'm not trying to put you down -- in fact as far as this thread goes you're one of the users I respect the most for your robust tip-giving (which has directly aided my play experience) and your various achievements within the game... I just don't think we're really seeing the forest for the trees as a community in response to the article and we're focusing a negative response back at something that never intended to tear down the game at all.
I don't think it's meant to tear down the game, I agree. But I don't really understand the point the article is trying to make either. Like I read it twice and I really don't get it. I guess she wants a gameplay mechanic where you rescue other survivors? Just sounds like she wishes it was a different game altogether

Coffee

Oct 27, 2017
Malmö
I love this game so much, beat it twice again today just for kicks. I found myself with no ammo at the last boss of my S+ Claire A hardcore run... lucky for me, turns out you can just slash G down from the back with a knife once he falls to his knees.

That infinite ammo minigun is sooo gooood

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't think it's meant to tear down the game, I agree. But I don't really understand the point the article is trying to make either. Like I read it twice and I really don't get it. I guess she wants a gameplay mechanic where you rescue other survivors? Just sounds like she wishes it was a different game altogether

My entire interpretation of the article is basically this:

" I am playing Resident Evil 2. Resident Evil 2 is a game that features characters thrust into a clear emergency problem. I participate in a profession that responds to emergency problems, but not quite like the videogamey approach that these characters take: armed with guns and strong combat prowess and confident attitudes. I think it might be neat if there were ever a game that presented a scenario like the one in Resident Evil 2 but allowed me to apply my actual first responder skillset and mentality, and maybe made the characters a bit more vulnerable to the realities of the situation and social realities that existed prior to the emergency they find themselves in. That would be an interesting game and I think from my personal experience responding to emergencies, might be able to convey a more powerful story to its players."

To be clear, I don't think anywhere in her article does she necessarily say "I wish Resident Evil 2 was THE game that I'm saying that I wish existed." She's just saying she played RE2 and feels like it has a videogamey disconnect from her actual experiences dealing with emergency situations, and provides areas using RE2's framework where a game with a more poignant message and portrayal of emergency realities might exist. RE2 is the platform for her criticism but it is not a teardown of RE2 itself.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
My entire interpretation of the article is basically this:

" I am playing Resident Evil 2. Resident Evil 2 is a game that features characters thrust into a clear emergency problem. I participate in a profession that responds to emergency problems, but not quite like the videogamey approach that these characters take: armed with guns and strong combat prowess and confident attitudes. I think it might be neat if there were ever a game that presented a scenario like the one in Resident Evil 2 but allowed me to apply my actual first responder skillset and mentality, and maybe made the characters a bit more vulnerable to the realities of the situation and social realities that existed prior to the emergency they find themselves in. That would be an interesting game and I think from my personal experience responding to emergencies, might be able to convey a more powerful story to its players."

To be clear, I don't think anywhere in her article does she necessarily say "I wish Resident Evil 2 was THE game that I'm saying that I wish existed." She's just saying she played RE2 and feels like it has a videogamey disconnect from her actual experiences dealing with emergency situations, and provides areas using RE2's framework where a game with a more poignant message and portrayal of emergency realities might exist. RE2 is the platform for her criticism but it is not a teardown of RE2 itself.

That makes sense but the article doesn't really read that way to me, and then the criticism of the police station being a safe zone seems off-topic if it's not a criticism of how the actual game is presented.

The headline -
I Wish 'Resident Evil 2' Let Me Be a More Compassionate Hero

and blurb:
'Resident Evil 2' is a scary, effective fantasy of permission and scarcity. But I want to be a different kind of survivor

suggests to me that she wishes RE2 were a different type of game, not that it gave her an idea for a cool EMT rescue zombie game.

Sep 12, 2018

Thanks for putting into words what I couldn't.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That makes sense but the article doesn't really read that way to me, and then the criticism of the police station being a safe zone seems off-topic if it's not a criticism of how the actual game is presented.

The headline -
I Wish 'Resident Evil 2' Let Me Be a More Compassionate Hero

and blurb:
'Resident Evil 2' is a scary, effective fantasy of permission and scarcity. But I want to be a different kind of survivor

suggests to me that she wishes RE2 were a different type of game, not that it gave her an idea for a cool EMT rescue zombie game.

Like I've been trying to say -- RE2 is the framework for her critique, so it of course gets used that way. It's not entirely literal, I'd argue. She has to state what RE2 is actually doing and what she would rather see in its place. It should be more read between the lines as "I wish [a game like] Resident Evil 2 Let Me Be a More Compassionate Hero." She just springboards off of things like police stations being a safe haven and exploring the theme of that safe haven being taken away more intimately within the theoretical protagonists mind, or springboarding off of Marvin being a POC police officer and how real world politics might actual impact his ability to perform his duties in an emergency situation. It's not saying RE2 has a racism problem by NOT exploring that, she's just highlighting that as something she noted with her lens as she played RE2 and kinda wished there were a game that explored that opportunity a bit more. She is not necessarily saying that RE2 itself fails -- she has to constantly switch back to "well this is the way that RE2 actually presents it" as a means of holding up her thoughts, not as "well RE2 is a trash game for not bothering" statement.

Like, to be perfectly honest, I totally saw Claire just hip-carrying her pistol at the beginning of the game as she approached the convenience store and was like "oh wow they redid Claire to be an open-carry kinda gal." Even though in real life open-carry folks kinda creep me out and they immediately create an unease in me, I don't necessarily think I held onto that thought and let it "ruin" RE2 in any way. But it definitely made a pretty bold statement about the type of character Claire was going to be in this remake, and ultimately her other statements and actions over the course of the game have catapulted her to being one of my favorite RE characters in the entire franchise -- she is truly a badass and I feel that she is genuinely a caring person, but she kinda shows that by a lot of logic that in real-world context might make me feel a bit uneasy (open carry). That said, there's a clear distinction to me in the context of the RE universe and my long-held love for the franchise and my real-world experience and response to the types of people that Claire and Leon are. Contextually, they're fine, but there were moments where I was looking at the game with my real-world lens -- like me seeing Claire at the beginning before shit has popped off and being like "wow Claire is all about open carry now." And yet RE2 is my 2nd favorite game ever made. I love it to bits. Hell, I love Claire, but she didn't change my mind about feeling uneasy around open carry folks in real life.

And that's what I'm saying -- Danielle was probably still having a great time but probably just finding things a bit at odds with her own experiences responding to emergencies, similar to the way I kinda noted mentally that Claire now open carries her firearm. There's no other game besides Resident Evil 2 where I thought that was kinda suspect in recent memory.

And this happens to me frequently in games, and it doesn't really stop me from enjoying them. I don't write about games professionally so I'm not posting it to a site like Waypoint, but that's really what Waypoint aims to be about, so I don't... get why people find that upsetting. RE2 certainly tries to sell a sense of authentic dread and urgency to its scenarios, and Danielle is probably wired to just think about different things when it comes to that, like I'm wired to feel skeezed out by people that are proudly proclaiming that they're armed with visible open carry.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Why are all the player death scenes so disapponting?
Apart from the zombie ripping your throat out, most of them are obscured or kinda weird and tame.
Like the plant guys can bite your head off and Birkin can crush your head but you don't really see it.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
When you strip everything down, RE2 is an action/puzzle game. The reason it's so great is because it (and RE7) brings that action/puzzle formula to levels of design evolution and production values hitherto unseen, but it's still pretty much just an action/puzzle game. That fact might be off-putting to someone who isn't familiar with RE games and comes into RE2 from a completely different frame of reference, not knowing this was made specifically for fans of a game from 1998.

Like, to be perfectly honest, I totally saw Claire just hip-carrying her pistol at the beginning of the game as she approached the convenience store and was like "oh wow they redid Claire to be an open-carry kinda gal." Even though in real life open-carry folks kinda creep me out and they immediately create an unease in me

To be hones this brings up things I've intuited about Claire and Chris for a while now.

Oct 25, 2017

Like I said, I don't mind looking at this game (or any piece of fiction) in a different lens. I just don't think she developed a well thought-out thesis in her article. From the way I read it, I saw several points that have some validity to them and are worth bringing up, but she just applied them to this specific game in a way I felt just doesn't fit. It's like she wants to make a much larger point about thematic issues in games, but then launches into a non sequitur about her previous EMS experience and wants that to fit into what the game clearly is not.

Maybe her article would have resonated with me better if it had used examples of several survival horror games (or even games in other genres), critiquing tropes within them, and then making her point. Because as it stands, she's trying to fit a lot of the common issues with modern gaming into just one singular game.

And no worries. I don't see your comments as a put down at all.

Nov 1, 2018
Sure, but the original point was that it was unrealistic for Claire to jump into the ring with a massive monster, which is just a dumb argument to make. Claire's story arc is a pretty standard hero journey. Step 1, do something for own purposes (look for brother, escape city), Step 2, have external factors influencing your character (meets Sherry, realizes there's something more important than just yourself), Step 3, rise up to the occasion ("I have the capability to stop this thing since Annette is incapacitated, and will do it to protect Sherry").

By saying that it was unrealistic would be saying it's unrealistic for a lot of fiction and media. Then we're just stuck with real life. Thank god that person doesn't write stories for us.

I'd have written a far more believable Claire. Some of the interactions and reactions were too far fetched, regardless of the prior situations and experiences they were put through a couple hours earlier in the night. Thank god you don't write stories for us.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
And this happens to me frequently in games, and it doesn't really stop me from enjoying them. I don't write about games professionally so I'm not posting it to a site like Waypoint, but that's really what Waypoint aims to be about, so I don't... get why people find that upsetting.

It's not upsetting. I just think it's unclear and winds up not actually saying much and lacks a clear purpose. Criticize a game all you want and use it as a springboard for a comparison, sure. I'm just not getting much out of this article. I like plenty of Waypoint content and I appreciate the stuff they do and I love the writers. This just falls flat for me.

Like I said, I don't mind looking at this game (or any piece of fiction) in a different lens. I just don't think she developed a well thought-out thesis in her article. From the way I read it, I saw several points that have some validity to them and are worth bringing up, but she just applied them to this specific game in a way I felt just doesn't fit. It's like she wants to make a much larger point about thematic issues in games, but then launches into a non sequitur about her previous EMS experience and wants that to fit into what the game clearly is not.

Maybe her article would have resonated with me better if it had used examples of several survival horror games (or even games in other genres), critiquing tropes within them, and then making her point. Because as it stands, she's trying to fit a lot of the common issues with modern gaming into just one singular game.

And no worries. I don't see your comments as a put down at all.
Yeah that's what I'm getting at. Just kind of seems all over the place.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing wrong with criticism- the ones in the article are just awfully dumb observations.

so I don't... get why people find that upsetting.
I doubt anyone's "upset" by a random article's opinion on the internet about REmake 2. I found it totally out there, like the dog ending from Silent Hill 2. It's like a medical scientist chiming in that you know, the science behind this G Virus thing is kinda iffy. These characters don't sound like real developed people- that's like asking sailors what they feel about the motivations of Captain Crunch.

Like, to be perfectly honest, I totally saw Claire just hip-carrying her pistol at the beginning of the game as she approached the convenience store and was like "oh wow they redid Claire to be an open-carry kinda gal."
I would also never in a million years make this connection nor apply that kind of logic to a video game, let alone the Resident Evil series.

Anyways. 4th Survivor is hard, I keep getting to the lobby and then losing it trying to find another way out.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did they change Claire to a college student or is it something mentioned in the original that I just completely can't remember? I know Elza Walker was definitely a Raccoon University student and I'm wondering if they took it from Elza or if she's always been a college student?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change Claire to a college student or is it something mentioned in the original that I just completely can't remember? I know Elza Walker was definitely a Raccoon University student and I'm wondering if they took it from Elza or if she's always been a college student?
She's always been a college student. They may have originally taken it from Elza, but it's been that way since the original RE2.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About to try the 14000 steps trophy, anybody have any tips or guides? It'll be my fifth playthrough but kinda hard for me to remember where everything is across the different scenarios.
If you want a video guide, this guy did a great guide for knocking out the 14000 footsteps, no heals and no box all in one playthrough. I did it yesterday, went really smooth and only took 1:40 so if you wanted to be a bit riskier you could do it on standard and get an S rank trophy if you need it too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCX3eBH5LRs