• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if I were to buy the DLC with the infinite ammo pistol would it go into the item chest of a game already in progress?

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Decided to start Scenario B with Leon. Damn, why didn't anybody tell me that Scenario B is even harder? I thought Claire A was hard on Hardcore Mode, but in B Zombies put you in Danger state after one bite and fucking zombies follow you around like Mr. X. I was by the locker room and saw a zombie doing somethi9ng by the vending machine and he didn't notice me, but after I went in the locker room like 30 seconds later I heard a pounding on the door and the same zombie from before burst in. Also, two other zombies burst into a room from out of nowhere while I was busy shooting another one.

I don't know if I can do this. Might start over and switch to Standard. I thought I could deal since I did claire on Hardcore, but 1-Danger bites and stalker zombies? Hell, No!
Persevere! The satisfaction will be worth it in the end.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Playing this for the first time on Leon's side. Uhhh Is there anyway to get Mr. X off my ass?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing this for the first time on Leon's side. Uhhh Is there anyway to get Mr. X off my ass?

-He zeroes in on your location if you run, walk as much as you can when he loses sight of you.
-He will come for you if he hears you shoot or if you pick up a key item.
-He can't enter save rooms (like the one under the stairs in the police station). Iirc he also can't enter the STARS office or the clock tower.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Been a couple weeks now.

I was playing hardcore mode for about an hour and a half on Claire's game just from the very beginning of the Police Station - to quite a bit deeper in - and suffered such a stupid, completely avoidable death. Gting trapped by zombies while trying to future proof the east side of the first floor. And I was doing so damn well.

I haven't been back since cuz that death cut me deep lol. But I was having a blast playing. It just hurts knowing I have to do that all over again lol.

In my Leon A hardcore file I'm all the way at the final G form.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
-He zeroes in on your location if you run, walk as much as you can when he loses sight of you.
-He can't enter save rooms (like the one under the stairs in the police station). Iirc he also can't enter the STARS office or the clock tower.
Ok thanks!

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Slight corrections/additions to the above post. Mr. X will only hear the player run if both are very near each other. If the player is in a different room, they can run just fine. Also, the game forces Mr. X upon the player after they grab a key item only once in the game, for a specific item in a specific room. The player can also use the knife freely. A single shot from any firearm will trigger Mr. X gunning for the player instantly; that said, you can avoid that by using the silencer if you play with Claire.

Sep 7, 2018
I'm playing Leon B and I finally made it to G1 Burkin, but I keep running out of ammo. I don't think I'm able to beat this game now. Am I just going to have to restart my playthrough? I really don't feel like it.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I'm playing Leon B and I finally made it to G1 Burkin, but I keep running out of ammo. I don't think I'm able to beat this game now. Am I just going to have to restart my playthrough? I really don't feel like it.

You musta messed up really badly to be truly out of ammo.

What happened?

This game does this crazy thing where it constantly feels tougher than it actually is. Every single time I've played it I've gone through the same song and dance of "do I have too little ammo?" and "do I have way too much ammo?" depending which part I'm at or how good/bad I did at a certain part.

Are you sure you don't just think you're out of ammo?

How much do you have on you/in the chest?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Do you have a knife or two? They really rip through him.

Even better if you have some stun grenades so you can stun him and just slash away.

Sep 7, 2018
I have 6 ammo for the M19 and 5 for the shotgun. I have no ammo for the Matilda and I haven't found the gun for whatever the MAG rounds are for. I also have the grenade that can be found at the bottom of the stairs before the fight.

Oh and I have two hight grade gunpowder in my chest.

Sep 7, 2018
No help?
You musta messed up really badly to be truly out of ammo.

What happened?

This game does this crazy thing where it constantly feels tougher than it actually is. Every single time I've played it I've gone through the same song and dance of "do I have too little ammo?" and "do I have way too much ammo?" depending which part I'm at or how good/bad I did at a certain part.

Are you sure you don't just think you're out of ammo?

How much do you have on you/in the chest?
Do you have a knife or two? They really rip through him.

Even better if you have some stun grenades so you can stun him and just slash away.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC

This post confuses me lol.

---------

I don't think you can get that gun yet? Might wanna find that out first.

You get some ammo during the fight too. A grenade (? or two?) and pistol ammo if I'm not mistaken. You sound really low on ammo though so you might not be able to pull this off.

I assume you know his eye is his weak point? You actually don't need to hit him there but obviously it helps a lot. With your limited ammo you'll wanna hit his eye.

Make that ammo. Sounds like you're gonna need as much as you can get. Well, if you have the gun it's used for that is.

Have you left any ammo or gun powder in the police station? Check. If so, go get it.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Do you not have a knife? Even one will shave a lot of his health off.

Right at the start of the fight he has this long animation before he actually starts attacking you. Slashing away at him with the knife during this animation will cause him to crumple. That's a lot of free damage without a bullet spent.

Also, have you tried running around the boss area? There should be quite bit of ammo, herbs etc. laying around in the area.

Sep 7, 2018
Do you not have a knife? Even one will shave a lot of his health off.

Right at the start of the fight he has this long animation before he actually starts attacking you. Slashing away at him with the knife during this animation will cause him to crumple. That's a lot of free damage without a bullet spent.

Also, have you tried running around the boss area? There should be quite bit of ammo, herbs etc. laying around in the area.
I do not have a knife and the ammo in the arena is not enough.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This I did not know. I figured it would be super weak against him. That's crazy.

I was surprised too, it does great damage even on hardcore difficulty. Ended up saving a ton of ammo.

Works great during the 3rd Burkin fight as well when the weak spot is exposed.

I do not have a knife and the ammo in the arena is not enough.

Like carlosrox mentioned, if you are making every shot count by precision shooting the weak spot and he's still not going down then you may have to restart.

Sep 7, 2018
I got through it. I had to go back and get the Lightning Hawk which wasn't easy. The main hall was full of zombies and Mr. X, but I gamed Mr.X by going down the stairs and back up to make him disappear, but still dodging 5 zombies in the main hall and the other parts of the police station without shooting wasn't easy. Now I'm supposed to be getting the electronic parts with Leon and I'm back to having no ammo again and now the police station has even more zombies and lickers in it. Plus, I don't see where I'm supposed to get the crank for the library so I can get the belltower electronic piece. Only got the one from the morgue so far or wherever I got the first one.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
I finally completed Leon's side yesterday and enjoyed it. Boy am I glad they didn't remaster the big ass spiders from the original. I'm doing Claire's right now. Is there any point to her starter pistol? (the one that starts you off with only 3 bullets)

JMTF

Aug 27, 2018
I finally completed Leon's side yesterday and enjoyed it. Boy am I glad they didn't remaster the big ass spiders from the original. I'm doing Claire's right now. Is there any point to her starter pistol? (the one that starts you off with only 3 bullets)
The 5 shooter? It can be upgraded to a magnum like weapon later.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I got through it. I had to go back and get the Lightning Hawk which wasn't easy. The main hall was full of zombies and Mr. X, but I gamed Mr.X by going down the stairs and back up to make him disappear, but still dodging 5 zombies in the main hall and the other parts of the police station without shooting wasn't easy. Now I'm supposed to be getting the electronic parts with Leon and I'm back to having no ammo again and now the police station has even more zombies and lickers in it. Plus, I don't see where I'm supposed to get the crank for the library so I can get the belltower electronic piece. Only got the one from the morgue so far or wherever I got the first one.

Glad you made it! Came to this thread hoping for an update.

You're gonna have to be really careful cuz by the sounds of it you are still really low on resources and some later parts in the game really eat up your ammo.

Sep 7, 2018
Looked up on YouTube and apparently flash grenades and grenades stop his charge. Managed to beat him and the game. Now I've successfully beaten the game twice on hardcore both times at that! Wish I could've gotten S+ rank though so I could get that Infinite Rocket Launcher.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Looked up on YouTube and apparently flash grenades and grenades stop his charge. Managed to beat him and the game. Now I've successfully beaten the game twice on hardcore both times at that! Wish I could've gotten S+ rank though so I could get that Infinite Rocket Launcher.
Congrats on finishing it. If you're interested, there are some good guides on YouTube that can get you an S+ rank if you follow them closely. I used the "Everymans Guides" for Leon and Claire Harcore S+ rank by a guy called The Darkness and had time to spare at the end of each. He explains things well and gives time checks throughout the guide that let you know if you're on pace for S+.

Also remember that only pausing the game stops the clock. Time spent in your inventory or viewing the map does not. And no infinite weapons except for the infinite knife.

Sep 7, 2018
Congrats on finishing it. If you're interested, there are some good guides on YouTube that can get you an S+ rank if you follow them closely. I used the "Everymans Guides" for Leon and Claire Harcore S+ rank by a guy called The Darkness and had time to spare at the end of each. He explains things well and gives time checks throughout the guide that let you know if you're on pace for S+.

Also remember that only pausing the game stops the clock. Time spent in your inventory or viewing the map does not. And no infinite weapons except for the infinite knife.
That's actually who I was looking up whenever I got stuck on a part. Won't be doing another run anytimne soon, though it took me way too long to do both of those runs.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Backlog work has finally put this game in my system tray, and boy does it live up to the hype. I'm still so pleased that Resident Evil of all things made the jump to 60fps this gen; playing this reimagining on the X is sublime.

I have a feeling, since just I just came back into the police station, I'm about to have Mr. X mix things up. A good amount of dread is following me through each room now.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3h in and I'm not sure if I'm feeling the game just yet. I honestly prefer both The Evil Within games to this, so far at least. I think I like the stealth gameplay of those games better than the shooting focused gameplay of the Resident Evil games. That said, it's pretty awesome how good RE2 looks and how well it runs. The controls are ace too.

The_Freeman

Nov 5, 2017
Hoping someone can help - I'd go through the whole thread but I don't want to accidentally spoil myself. I've just got the key card to escape the station and I've stumbled upon the gun shop with the guy and young girl. But I've got a few rooms left to do in the police station itself. Can I go back and sort them out, and will Mr X show up again to stop me from doing this?

Sep 12, 2018
Hoping someone can help - I'd go through the whole thread but I don't want to accidentally spoil myself. I've just got the key card to escape the station and I've stumbled upon the gun shop with the guy and young girl. But I've got a few rooms left to do in the police station itself. Can I go back and sort them out, and will Mr X show up again to stop me from doing this?
You can totally go back at a later stage. There's a direct line back up through a later area.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember if Mr. X is still active at this point, but if you want to avoid spoilers all I'll say is that you're not at a point of no return if what you're worried about is missing stuff.

You're about to go through a path that'll prevent you from turning back so if you're feeling completely empty on resources might be a good idea to turn around, but ultimately you'll find a way to return to the station. There is an actual point of return but it should be pretty obvious. Hint: it'll be a vehicle

The_Freeman

Nov 5, 2017
Cheers both. I headed back inside as I hadn't got the Lightning Hawk from the STARS office. So far no sign of Mr X - although I did run into a hallway filled with zombies and 2 lickers. That wasn't fun -_-'

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if anyone can help me.

I lost my computer like a month ago and my play through of RE2 got interrupted. I just moved from the basement up to the break room. I opened the previously closed door where the cop got cut in half by putting in the electrical thing in the wall. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing :lol

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
You'll find the way to progress on the 2nd floor of the east wing
There's shutter you can open with the crank handle

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Cracking into this for the first time tonight (also my first foray into RE2 as a whole, other than watching vids). Very excited.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I got to G3 on Leon A Hardcore and haven't played in a while.

I tried to start a Claire A Hardcore and was making very good progress til I died in the stupidest of ways (mobbed by a couple zombies while trying to be proactive with the boarded up windows on the west side of the station). I basically wasted 2ish hours. Got me shook. Will go and do better next time.

I still haven't even tried any of the side scenarios yet either!

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
All right, made it out of the station. Mr. X wasn't too bad. Only got in one bad spot with him that also involved a licker.