• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
They don't have to go with the suplexes, but something standard where if you time it right you can at least palm a zombie in the side of the head or something if they try to bite you seems like something that Leon or Claire would be capable of. Or maybe a RE3/RER style quick dodge.
Yeah something like this. The fact that the zombies can bite you without any sort of defense mechanic except shooting them, its kinda lame. RE2 pails in comparison of RE4 because of that. Everything else is there.

Like i said, maybe some move to kill the zombies without using a gun. Not exactly as cheese as a suplex. But maybe the kicks from RE4? The combo Shoot -> stun -> kick -> knife was a awesome mechanic for RE4

Nov 18, 2017
I gave them positive feedback.
Told them I was disappointed how A/B weren't more different and that I wanted RE3 and Dino Crisis.

I don't want suplexes and RE6 action, but combat closer to RE4 would have improved the game given the viewpoint switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Action RE needs to be spun off into a different franchise "Devil May Cry" style.

Give action RE fans their own series were they can suplex zombies to their heart's content.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My survey feedback
DzyDr6vWkAAiK4M

You are disgusting.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I told them they should do a cross over costume DLC/update for Leon and Dante knowing the origins of the latter.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Yeah something like this. The fact that the zombies can bite you without any sort of defense mechanic except shooting them, its kinda lame. RE2 pails in comparison of RE4 because of that. Everything else is there.

Like i said, maybe some move to kill the zombies without using a gun. Not exactly as cheese as a suplex. But maybe the kicks from RE4? The combo Shoot -> stun -> kick -> knife was a awesome mechanic for RE4
Come to think of it, it you get knocked down on stairs, they literally will wrench a zombie's head and punch them off. But, only after they've already bitten you of course.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the survey seems kind of double-edged.
"Oh I don't like OTS, I want fixed" well depending on what you put in the box, they might think you just want FPS instead. It's a very limited survey.
Yeap, I think it's just a survey for overall satisfaction or something, the questions are way too unspecific.

I wrote that I will never buy a first person RE game at the end, just to make sure... ~

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The sad part if this is they are going to see these responses, and think the music was bad. The music is actually fantastic, it just isn't used nearly enough. That save room music should play every time you enter a save room. It should comfort me, when I'm running from Mr. X.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just begged for more Outbreak style games. 4p co-op, randomized, story based.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
Tricky to rate the music. I like what is there, it's just the lack of it overall is bad.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I just didn't like the game's sound effects and gave everything else a 5, with player movement a 4.

The sound design did not meet the standards that the rest of the game had set.

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
I used the opportunity to request a physical release of Code: Veronica X on modern platforms. At least on the PS4, it's literally the sole main series installment that hasn't landed on fans' shelves!

On the other hand, I simply recommended a remake of the third installment, Dino Crisis (with Regina as the protagonist) and RE8 with a return to virtual reality.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just didn't like the game's sound effects and gave everything else a 5, with player movement a 4.

The sound design did not meet the standards that the rest of the game had set.
I don't really understand this critique, I was able to dodge Mr X a couple of times simply by sound (without seeing him at all)
I also like the rest of the sound design, especially almost no music but that's subjective, the 3d sound design however isn't and it's superb.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
B scenario, new OST and some effects (reflections) are a total failure. Everything else is fine, a great game. The survey is very useful to improve the wrong things in the next remake.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
I hope people don't conflate the sound design with the music or effects since they're separate (though criticisms can be legitimate for either); some of the binaural implementation in the game is staggering, playing with a good pair of headphone is a game-changer.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Generally don't like how this survey is structured. Because the best part of the game is the design and atmosphere. The map is great, killed enemies stay on the ground permanently for the whole game, level design with the puzzles is well done, the game feels incredibly grounded. It's not just story or visuals. The smart design decisions make that game great. Enemies feel just right.
Also to rate the sound is stupid because what do you rate, OST or the new one?

Negatives for me: gun sounds need more punch, sewers and labs are not on par with the RPD, environments are totally static with no physics.

Also, spiders.

But overall incredible game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope people don't conflate the sound design with the music or effects since they're separate (though criticisms can be legitimate for either); some of the binaural implementation in the game is staggering, playing with a good pair of headphone is a game-changer.
It doesn't really matter, the survey is bad and unspecific.

What if I love the binaural sound and new OST and hated the old OST (because it doesn't fit at all)?

The whole survey is vague like that I don't see how it can be useful other than how people liked it overall without going into specifics why.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't really matter, the survey is bad and unspecific.

What if I love the binaural sound and new OST and hated the old OST (because it doesn't fit at all)?

The whole survey is vague like that I don't see how it can be useful other than how people liked it overall without going into specifics why.

It is bad, you're right, and I doubt they'd put much stock in its findings. Hopefully they don't, anyway, because it'll just read like a bunch of numbers with zero specificity or minutiae.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
It's been 7 years since the last action title that wasn't umbrella Corps. I'd like to see stuff akin to RE4 again, you know the highest rated title in the series.

Most Fans know that RE4-6 =/= RE0-3 and CV.

Resident Evil 2 is for the classic RE fans, when the game wasn't all about shooting and kicking matrix style.

I don't mind seeing spinoffs that plays like RE4-6 tho, i just want the core games to be like what made us love resident evil series in the first place.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Most Fans know that RE4-6 =/= RE0-3 and CV.

Resident Evil 2 is for the classic RE fans, when the game wasn't all about shooting and kicking matrix style.

I don't mind seeing spinoffs that plays like RE4-6 tho, i just want the core games to be like what made us love resident evil series in the first place.

That's what I'm saying. There's more than enough space for both to co-exist. Definitely doesn't need to be one over the other.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It's been 7 years since the last action title that wasn't umbrella Corps. I'd like to see stuff akin to RE4 again, you know the highest rated title in the series.

How long between REmake and RE7? Some 15 years? So 7 years is not that long a wait. I do think at least one of the three RE in development will have a bigger focus on action, not R3make or RE8, but the other one.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
How long between REmake and RE7? Some 15 years? So 7 years is not that long a wait. I do think at least one of the three RE in development will have a bigger focus on action, not R3make or RE8, but the other one.

Now that's the thing, we shouldnt be in a "well I had to wait this long so you should be fine waiting too". There's enough teams at capcom where they should be able to manage some variety. 2 survival horror for every 1 action title seems fair. Even if it's a spinoff.

I always remind people that during RE4-6's reign, I was constantly saying they need to bring back survival horror and not just middle ground rev games lol.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I do miss kneecapping zombies and having follow up attacks on staggered enemies

But its not really neccessary when all the modes and campaign can be completed without requiring kills

It'd just be a nice change of pace from the campaign. I really enjoyed how the RE7 DLC had those options. Gives a bit more incentive to replay due to some new mechanics,

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Now that's the thing, we shouldnt be in a "well I had to wait this long so you should be fine waiting too". There's enough teams at capcom where they should be able to manage some variety. 2 survival horror for every 1 action title seems fair. Even if it's a spinoff.

I always remind people that during RE4-6's reign, I was constantly saying they need to bring back survival horror and not just middle ground rev games lol.

I agree. And I do miss action RE and I think Capcom haven't forgotten it, but at the same time I believe they realize just how much people like their old Survival Horror. It's an irony, but they should use Revelations 3 to bring back some action. And Jill. That's the important part.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Hey, I think RE5 is my favorite RE game (with Remake and Remake 2 being very close) but at this point I would say that's not what they should put in mainline games.
I live in Germany I bought RE6 for the mercenaries mode which I'd loved to try - though luckily for me (sarcasm) you need to beat the complete story first before unlocking mercenaries in Germany (because reasons only Capcom knows)
The story is bad , it's a slog, the UI is terrible, everything is so slow, it's no fun at all, refunded after trying to cope with this poor Uncharted clone for about 20 minutes, it's awful (and I never got to try mercenaries, yay)

RE7 is first-person, and as such only Resident Evil by name, it's kinda really insulting having that as a mainline RE game.

I will never buy a first person "Resident Evil" game...

I really like Revelations but it's in a weird twighlight between classic horror and modern action RE, I think they should just go full action with that.
Leave mainline RE to classic survival horror without suplexes and matrix style enemies (as much I love Wesker, heh)

I think RE2 Remake has proven that's what people want and that's what brings the series forward, it's Resident Evil and not some weird conglomerate that tries to chase after the "COD crowd" a criticism I'm often seeing in connection with RE5 (and I can see why)