• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expressed for them to double-down and continue with the metroidvania-esque progession / exploration in the game.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Felt like Resident Evil as a pro and music as a con. Gave everything 9s and 10s. Pushed for a next-gen RE Outbreak. I would never get off that game if done right.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Asked for first-person option with VR support. RPD and Mr X would be insane in VR

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
My survey feedback
DzyDr6vWkAAiK4M
Ahh, a man of culture I see.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
It's weird because it is a game I don't have any problems with control wise, really, but I still feel so immobile because of how grabby and lungey the zombies can be. I'd love a dodge as well, but then some people argue we are getting into RE6 territory.

This is my main complaint about the combat. I wish there was a bit more leeway between the boolean "zombie grabbed you, zombie didn't grab you" stuff. How about a zombie manages to slow you down a bit but falls off?

I don't really like the challenge modes either. They give you so few bullets that it becomes a game of "how do I stall these guys so I can just run past them"

May 26, 2018
I can understand why from a gameplay standpoint. They don't want you clearing out rooms by stomping on heads. But it really does look odd for them not to do it, especially when it's the likes of Hunk and such.

You could always have a non-fatal headstomp. Maybe do some damage but is never the final blow. Still have to commit resources.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I just finished Leon's story and starting Claire's this week. I honestly wasnt expecting to like it as much as I have so far. Really want to see Nemesis remade now...

Last edited:

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
I have faith that they will take time to read these after making such a great game. I think there's room for both kinds of RE, action horror and survival horror.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You could always have a non-fatal headstomp. Maybe do some damage but is never the final blow. Still have to commit resources.

I would be okay with that, or even a swift kick to the face. Damaged zombie head, but they still crawl at you on the floor. My zombies ended up all being legless with one arm all over RPD.

Speaking of music, would anyone say the OG DLC music is worth it? I only got the standard physical edition at launch.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Loved almost everything about RE2. I let them know the boss fights kept the experience from being perfect.

Also asked for REmakes of 3 and 4

Oct 28, 2017
That's fair. I wouldn't want them to half-ass it either. If anything, I'd like to see them essentially make a game like RE4 again. Just to show the style still works and can stay alongside more classic styles as well. Definitely no need for it to be a one or the other deal.
It's honestly a travesty that we only ever got one game like RE4. Don't tell me RE5 and 6 were anything like it. They weren't. RE4 was Action RE. RE5 and 6 were co-op action. Big difference. I want a single player action game finely crafted as a single player experience like RE4. Action didn't ruin Resident Evil. Co-op did.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
For the comments I just said I loved Claire more than Leon - because I did. I like Leon but Claire was great in the remake. I also said I like 3rd person perspective the most - not because I actually liked this more than other things, but because I would like future RE games to be in 3rd person. Gave mostly 5s for grades and 10 overall.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
For the comments I just said I loved Claire more than Leon - because I did. I like Leon but Claire was great in the remake. I also said I like 3rd person perspective the most - not because I actually liked this more than other things, but because I would like future RE games to be in 3rd person. Gave mostly 5s for grades and 10 overall.

Leon is the face of RE 2 though. He was perfectly implemented in the Remake. Claire is a nice extra.

aevanhoe

Aug 28, 2018
Leon is the face of RE 2 though. He was perfectly implemented in the Remake. Claire is a nice extra.

How did you come to this conclusion? They are both on the cover/splash screen of the game. They both have the same screen time. They are both done with the same attention to detail. How is this a "nice extra"? Also, doesn't everyone agree Claire A, Leon B is canon?

It's ok to like Leon, but Claire is in no way "an extra". She's one of the two protagonists. You have a problem with that?

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
Filled this one out. I asked for more remakes in this style. I want RE3 and Code Veronica first but would love a remake of Zero that fixes the inventory problems. Also said that they should keep first person for RE8. I think that gives great variety to the series and we know that both styles work. And I know they would never do this but I'd love smaller downloadable only side stories that are shorter and utilize the fixed camera angle.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
done

For the last question, I praised the level design of the police station and how much of an achivement it was, with how crisscrossy it was. I added that I wish the NEST lab had been more like that instead of the short compartimentalized design it had.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
How did you come to this conclusion? They are both on the cover/splash screen of the game. They both have the same screen time. They are both done with the same attention to detail. How is this a "nice extra"? Also, doesn't everyone agree Claire A, Leon B is canon?

It's ok to like Leon, but Claire is in no way "an extra". She's one of the two protagonists. You have a problem with that?

I always played Claire A - Leon B. I'm actually doing it again on the original game as it does provide the best comprehensive experience.

On this Remake I started with Leon and the whole thing just flows much better with him. Rookie cop in his work place just matches perfectly. Claire just looking for Chris seemed like a lesser narrative.

I like them both, but I do feel Leon works better as a protagonist of this contained story.

aevanhoe

Aug 28, 2018
I always played Claire A - Leon B. I'm actually doing it again on the original game as it does provide the best comprehensive experience.

On this Remake I started with Leon and the whole thing just flows much better with him. Rookie cop in his work place just matches perfectly. Claire just looking for Chris seemed like a lesser narrative.

I like them both, but I do feel Leon works better as a protagonist of this contained story.

Sure, if you like Leon more, that's great and nothing wrong with that. But that doesn't make Claire an extra. She's one of the two leads. Personally, I like her character and story more - but that doesn't mean I consider her "the face of RE2" and Leon "just a nice extra". Both are good, I prefer Claire, you prefer Leon and that's just fine.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Sure, if you like Leon more, that's great and nothing wrong with that. But that doesn't make Claire an extra. She's one of the two leads. Personally, I like her character and story more - but that doesn't mean I consider her "the face of RE2" and Leon "just a nice extra". Both are good, I prefer Claire, you prefer Leon and that's just fine.

We are aligned.

(Although he did come as the main cover in the Deluxe version I got, Claire got the reversible one)

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Speaking as someone whose first encounter with these characters was this game:

Leon worked great as the "first" story that establishes the police station and the G-Virus.

Claire worked great as the "second" story that delves deeper into the Birkins and as the one to face the final boss.

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
3 minutes? Re3? I fucking see.

I wanna see the combat back for like a NG+ or future mercenaries/raid mode but not right out of the bat.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Asked for a fixed camera dedicated RE game in the future. And Dino Crisis & RE3 remade in RE Engine and to carry on with the same course they have now, since it works for me.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Done! I didn't like the story since it's a bit confusing how the continuity works, considering both characters do the same stuff. While I liked the characters, the overall story was kinda meh.

Plus the boss fights were lacking or straight up bad.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

Rookie Leon is BY FAR my favorite version of the character. Beyond that, I think the remake has the best version of him... but Clare was just on another level. Her remake incarnation is amazing. She now feels like the hero of Resident Evil 2 to me.