• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
This frankly reads like the thing is already greenlit, which according to one poster here on Era is the case, but none the less here are translated comments since we actually haven't had anyone at Capcom confirm it yet:

Original Japanese:
https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1166656.html

Translation
https://gearnuke.com/resident-evil-2-producer-explains-capcom-remaking-resident-evil-3/
In an interview with GameWatch, Hirabayashi was asked that since Resident Evil 2 (1998) and Resident Evil 3 (1999) were supplementary titles released a year apart from each other taking place in the same city using many of the same elements, if there was a possibility of using the similar elements they incorporated in Resident Evil 2 Remake for a possible remake of Resident Evil 3.

Hirabayashi commented that Resident Evil 2 was remade after 21 years because fans continued to tell them that they wanted a remake. They couldn't possibly remake Resident Evil 3 without the fans' permission, so if players really enjoy the remake of Resident Evil 2 and voice their enthusiasm then we could use that as a good indicator.

Please excuse me if this thread itself is a remake.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I think RE2 Remake's sales are gonna show them how many people want it.

Jun 14, 2018
Yes please. But (sorry to be that guy), can we have Dino Crisis first? Before you remake Resident Evil 4, though, maybe remake the original?

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the extremely positive reception of RE2 2019, I'd be surprised if they weren't already working on it.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
tenor.gif

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
I hope RE2 exceeds expectations because the amount of care put in this remake is amazing. I want RE3 asap

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom greenlit RE3make the moment first week sales numbers came in

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
3 is the only mainline game I've never played so I'd be all over this, especially given how good the RE2 Remake is.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine a lot of the stuff created for RE2 could just be straight transplated into a potential RE3.

Zombies
Dogs
The stalking Tyrant
Guns
All sorts of animations.

I'm not going to say 'half the work is done' or anything. But its a big head start.