• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Mod edit: Topic title edited to remove references to featured characters

Has a lot of story cutscenes in it, so if you don't want spoilers you probably shouldn't watch it.

Demo released in New Zealand, and here's the brief new trailer showing off several new things, including glimpses of HUNK and Tofu.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
LMAO at the shot of Leon running over that hi-tech bridge. His animations don't even match the actual movement. Other than that, looks great, hyped!

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Probably should be marked spoilers... Some people will want to play the demo themselves and find out that was rather than reading a topic title here.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I guess since I now know that Tofu and Hunk are in the game I might as well watch this (as those were the only two things I was trying to not be spoiled on).

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
New stuff shown but not that spoilery for people who have played the original game. If you haven't it depends.

But Tofu
They gave him the fucking hat and flashlight lmao

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I consider resident evil 2, gears 5, anthem and kh3 blockbusters so I guess this problem is fixed for me
Probably should be marked spoilers... Some people will want to play the demo themselves and find out that was rather than reading a topic title here.
I agree! The internet shouldn't spoil eeevery surprise
Well, I guess since I now know that Tofu and Hunk are in the game I might as well watch this (as those were the only two things I was trying to not be spoiled on).
Tofu and HUNK were confirmed by the developers themselves back at the game's E3 reveal multiple times. I'll respect the other mods decision, but they've been known to be in the game for over half a year now and been re-confirmed multiple times.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Tofu and HUNK were confirmed by the developers themselves back at the game's E3 reveal multiple times.

Yes, but people didn't know what was going to be in the trailer... Some people, myself included, was looking forward to playing the demo and finding out what was in the trailer myself, not read it in a Resetera topic title. That elemenst of excitement I would have felt seeing this for the first time has now gone.

EDIT: Just seen you are a moderator? Surely you should know this? If in doubt mark spoilers. Oh well, it's done now.

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Tofu and Hunk were confirmed months ago. This is not new.

It was new to me and I'm not even on a hardcore spoiler blackout for this thing (it IS a remake afterall). I'm not even a person who generally cares about spoilers but I really didn't know if (playable) Hunk and Tofu were gonna be in but it would've been nice to discover on my own.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Do we know if the Zombies will differ a lot in looks?
Do we have a certain set of Zomibe models?
Or are they randomly generated to look like diffrent persons?
I would love unique looking Zombies, would make it even more realistic.

Not going to Play the demo becasue this buy is a lock for me, I want to Play it fresh on my new PC.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the Zombies will differ a lot in looks?
Do we have a certain set of Zomibe models?
Or are they randomly generated to look like diffrent persons?
I would love unique looking Zombies, would make it even more realistic.

Not going to Play the demo becasue this buy is a lock for me, I want to Play it fresh on my new PC.
There's a lot of zombie models, yes. Not every single zombie is unique, but there's literally dozens of different models.

Oct 27, 2017
It's incredible how I've played the original countless times yet this remake (which technically doesn't show any new story bits) feels spoilery as shit!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why the blacks look so faded on this particular video.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
lovin' the Tofu

5Rlzcuy.gif

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of those Leon running scenes looks awfully similar to a fixed camera RE. Could the rumors be true that this game supports both?

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Find it funny that people would get up in arms about Hunk and Tofu being spoiled the devs confirmed ages ago that they'd be in and it's a remake of a 20 year old game it's not like it's that surprising.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Im playing the demo right now....the faces look as good as they did during E3. They're fantastic.
Leon looks amazing, so does Marvin.
Your comment scared me. I thought the game got downgraded
Kinda dumb to base that off this early capture trailer, the audio isn't even synced up...

Looks fine in the actual demo.
Oh it absolutely looks fantastic. But I responded to the poster claiming this was uncanny valley territory, which I do not agree with.