• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

NEW TRAILER THAT LOOKS 10000 BETTER

Holy shit. That is legitimately incredible. The gameplay just looks insane, I am so fucking excited. Holy shit. Holy shit holy shit. I used to be on of those "better be fixed camera angle" whiners but fuck that this is delivered from heaven itself and is just glorious. Oh my fucking god.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
Looks absolutely amazing. So stoked for this. This is my favorite RE series of all time. I remember buying the Biohazard special edition for PS2. I will be buying the highest edition for this game just to support it. Fantastic decision to remake this game. So excited it is really happening, I can't describe it

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what Leon reminds me of? Might be wrong, but his design resembles a bit closer to the 1.5 prototype artwork they had going for him. Final in game model for that version did look closer to the final, but artwork seems more on point.

Plus, I have a feeling given Marvin seems to be alive, they might actually be including some elements of 1.5 in this version.
He looks like a young Leo. He's beautiful

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the faces look terrible at all. In fact, I really like how both Claire and Leon look. Leon looks like a younger version of himself compared to RE4, and Claire looks different but her outfit does justice to what she wore in RE2. I love it. If it puts a slightly new spin on a few things, I can accept that. It's a remake.
I actually like the way Leon and Claire look, but fuck me sideays, OTS can suck DSP's hairy ass. Fixed cameras or nothing.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This looks kind of low budget + no gameplay.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Looks like the leak from a week or so ago was legit. Capcom's going full force for the next 2 years.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what's all this talk about both angles present? Could it possibly be true?

What exactly is the problem with the game not having fixed camera? That's not really how remakes work you know.
resident-evil-hd-remaster1.jpg

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
"gameplay modes from the original."

If this game has both OTS and fixed camera, then I truly believe this could go down as the greatest remake ever made. Holy shit!

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Just got a PR from Capcom if someone didnt post it already:

LOS ANGELES – June 11, 2018 – At the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) E3 press conference today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, unveiled the first look at the new Resident Evil® 2, one of the most highly anticipated games of all time. Based on the original genre-defining masterpiece, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom's proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. Resident Evil 2 brings its reimagined brand of horror to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC on January 25, 2019.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that loves RE2 I don't understand what people have against the camera angle. The Over the shoulder looked amazing.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I think RE2 focusing on the horror element might be a good move for the game. Making it the scariest RE to date could work considering the extremely good material that is RE2. They just have to not forget RE2 is also about the characters

The music also have to deliver, I wonder if DuskGolem has any info on the composers for this game ?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
The second trailer is WAY better.
Someone fucked up using the first one. You can tell it was a older build too.
100%. Conference trailer looked really bad. Something was off about the textures and it was really disappointing overall. Looked like a budget title.

The actual gameplay in the trailer posted by Dusk Golem looks fantastic. Back on the train.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The original trailer looked incredibly flat and honestly reminded me of RE6 HD port. Not terrible, but not up to snuff with RE7.

This new trailer is much better.

Character wise, Leon and Sherry are okay. Mayor's daughter is the best. Claire just can't catch a break with the redesigns lol

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So it's closer to RE4. I'm ok with that. They can make it work. Leon's face was ok at first but after that second trailer, I don't like it very much. It's his chin. I know he's a young rookie but I hope this isn't his face now.

Status
Not open for further replies.