• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
"We have a game for people like you. It's called "Resident Evil 2."
2013-05-21t185432z_1241246774_tm4e95l15b401_rtrmadp_3_microsoft-xbox.jpg
that would make sense if it were a new game. It isnt its a remake. Keyword here is remake.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what Leon reminds me of? Might be wrong, but his design resembles a bit closer to the 1.5 prototype artwork they had going for him. Final in game model for that version did look closer to the final, but artwork seems more on point.

Plus, I have a feeling given Marvin seems to be alive, they might actually be including some elements of 1.5 in this version.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, conference is over so I will write some now. Firstly, I feel people will get a better idea on the game as it's playable at E3, so we'll probably be getting some gameplay/impressions soon. Strangely, this trailer is not the thing I saw, which confuses me since it looks worse than what I had seen.

I also knew that the core team of the game finished development this month actually. There's still people working on it mostly for polish, but it's mostly done.... Buuuuuuuuuuut I think I was misinformed a bit. I have a solid guess on something here

Anyways, as I've said over time, it's OTS angles primarily, they completely redid the RE Engine's lighting and shadow system, this is a horror game that has classic RE features. I also know the game has an option for fixed camera angles, but they didn't include it in the trailer. ORIGINALLY, when REmake 2 first started development they actually just recreated RE2, original fixed cameras and all, and just recreated location. They ultimately went for an OTS style, but kept Fixed Cameras and First-Person in the coding. However, they knew many fans had been waiting a long time for Fixed Angles, so they continued work on the Fixed Angles they started, they needed more polish last I heard, but the game had time for polish. I DID NOT hear they continued the First-Person Mode, which I think you see in the trailer (it's hard to say since frankly, the trailer has so little gameplay), but it looks like they might've.

I expected more of a gameplay trailer, but I assume they might've delayed it more than I heard for more polish and maybe features, to be seen. There will be gameplay coming as it is playable this E3 though.

So, a few things I can talk about which I've been waiting for this to be revealed to do so. Firstly, OTS IS THE PRIMARY CAMERA, but this is a horror game. In fact, I think they decided to make this reveal less a 'hype' trailer, and more to show it's a horror game. It may even very well end up being the scariest RE game, they're doing some interesting things mechanically and stylistically. They redid the lighting engine since RE7's lighting was flat, and they wanted 'darkness' for RE2, one of the driving forces for RE2 was the theme of 'darkness', which Capcom has always sorta' associated with RE2. It's a game at its heart about tragedy and characters having to overcome a city gone to hell, and from that angle you can see they definitely tried to show the horror aspect in this trailer. I think they tried not to show much gameplay in the reveal since people might think it was an action game if they saw guns, but want to establish early this is a horror game.

The thing I've heard a LOT is this game is a reimagining in many ways. RE2 is there, but this game is MUCH longer than RE2 originally was. There's a Leon and Claire campaign, and last I heard (but this may have changed) they got rid of the A/B scenario, but then they've delayed it a bit so who knows?

What I've heard is that this Remake is around 80% new stuff, 20% old stuff (as opposed to REmake's 70% new stuff, 30% old stuff). A lot of locations have been reimagined. They didn't show off much of the city actually, but the city was completely reinvented at one point in the game, they had the opening hour of the game almost done but then scrapped it and redid it again to improve it. Several RE2 monsters weren't shown, but the game does have enemies like the dogs, giant spiders, you briefly saw a Licker, but all the RE2 enemies are in the game. There's some new enemies as well, but I think they want to hold off showing them off. Ada is playable in the game, but they didn't show her here.

---

Right in the middle of writing this, they released a new trailer. I actually think they got trailers mixed up, but will watch then write more:

I'll write more once I watch this, but want to see the new trailer first.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this cancel it Nuke reality.

Fucking trump presidency and a goddamn remake 2 that is an ots piece of shit game that is like the games that ruined this fucking series.

Legit fucking mad, never should have bought remake hd or zero hd.

Fuck everything.
Resident Evil 5 is the best mainline Resident Evil game and i drink these tears

also dude.... its a remake, calm down

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was going hysterical too much to actually notice but they didn't actually show any gameplay huh? I'm sure all the footage we saw was in game and it will like that when we play it but I'm sure I remember seeing a true gameplay clip of Leon running in an ots view, guess I imagined it in my hype.

Anyway I need more, more, more, more, more. Oh my god I am so god damn excited.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Not a massive fan of the OTS camera but everything else was on point and it looked like they're keeping the horror aspect so you're not just running around kung fuing zombies. I hope the rumour that it will have both cameras in it are true though.

EDIT: Just saw the second trailer, this is legit hook it into my veins.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at new trailer. Is it me or I see fixed angle style at times, RE4 style AND FPS!?

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The theater I'm in watching the conference erupted. SHOCKED. Can't wait it will be my first time.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, conference is over so I will write some now. Firstly, I feel people will get a better idea on the game as it's playable at E3, so we'll probably be getting some gameplay/impressions soon. Strangely, this trailer is not the thing I saw, which confuses me since it looks worse than what I had seen.

I also knew that the core team of the game finished development this month actually. There's still people working on it mostly for polish, but it's mostly done.... Buuuuuuuuuuut I think I was misinformed a bit. I have a solid guess on something here

Anyways, as I've said over time, it's OTS angles primarily, they completely redid the RE Engine's lighting and shadow system, this is a horror game that has classic RE features. I also know the game has an option for fixed camera angles, but they didn't include it in the trailer. ORIGINALLY, when REmake 2 first started development they actually just recreated RE2, original fixed cameras and all, and just recreated location. They ultimately went for an OTS style, but kept Fixed Cameras and First-Person in the coding. However, they knew many fans had been waiting a long time for Fixed Angles, so they continued work on the Fixed Angles they started, they needed more polish last I heard, but the game had time for polish. I DID NOT hear they continued the First-Person Mode, which I think you see in the trailer (it's hard to say since frankly, the trailer has so little gameplay), but it looks like they might've.

I expected more of a gameplay trailer, but I assume they might've delayed it more than I heard for more polish and maybe features, to be seen. There will be gameplay coming as it is playable this E3 though.

So, a few things I can talk about which I've been waiting for this to be revealed to do so. Firstly, OTS IS THE PRIMARY CAMERA, but this is a horror game. In fact, I think they decided to make this reveal less a 'hype' trailer, and more to show it's a horror game. It may even very well end up being the scariest RE game, they're doing some interesting things mechanically and stylistically. They redid the lighting engine since RE7's lighting was flat, and they wanted 'darkness' for RE2, one of the driving forces for RE2 was the theme of 'darkness', which Capcom has always sorta' associated with RE2. It's a game at its heart about tragedy and characters having to overcome a city gone to hell, and from that angle you can see they definitely tried to show the horror aspect in this trailer. I think they tried not to show much gameplay in the reveal since people might think it was an action game if they saw guns, but want to establish early this is a horror game.

The thing I've heard a LOT is this game is a reimagining in many ways. RE2 is there, but this game is MUCH longer than RE2 originally was. There's a Leon and Claire campaign, and last I heard (but this may have changed) they got rid of the A/B scenario, but then they've delayed it a bit so who knows?

What I've heard is that this Remake is around 80% new stuff, 20% old stuff (as opposed to REmake's 70% new stuff, 30% old stuff). A lot of locations have been reimagined. They didn't show off much of the city actually, but the city was completely reinvented at one point in the game, they had the opening hour of the game almost done but then scrapped it and redid it again to improve it. Several RE2 monsters weren't shown, but the game does have enemies like the dogs, giant spiders, you briefly saw a Licker, but all the RE2 enemies are in the game. There's some new enemies as well, but I think they want to hold off showing them off. Ada is playable in the game, but they didn't show her here.

---

Right in the middle of writing this, they released a new trailer. I actually think they got trailers mixed up, but will watch then write more:

I'll write more once I watch this, but want to see the new trailer first.

Everything in the bolded is the greatest news I could have ever heard, im so fucking excited.

Nerrel

Oct 31, 2017
What exactly is the problem with the game not having fixed camera? That's not really how remakes work you know.
The greatest remake in gaming history says otherwise?
remake_overview.jpg

NEW TRAILER THAT LOOKS 10000 BETTER

It's fucking Resident Evil 6. Jesus.
ORIGINALLY, when REmake 2 first started development they actually just recreated RE2, original fixed cameras and all, and just recreated location. They ultimately went for an OTS style, but kept Fixed Cameras and First-Person in the coding. However, they knew many fans had been waiting a long time for Fixed Angles, so they continued work on the Fixed Angles they started, they needed more polish last I heard, but the game had time for polish.

If true, I'm really unsure about this. The zombie counts and speed seen in the trailers just does not seem compatible with the original style.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this cancel it Nuke reality.

Fucking trump presidency and a goddamn remake 2 that is an ots piece of shit game that is like the games that ruined this fucking series.

Legit fucking mad, never should have bought remake hd or zero hd.

Fuck everything.
Lol. If this isn't a joke or a meme, then this is absolutely embarassing.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I was like "wtf is that" and the faces were hideous but somehow the second trailer looks SO MUCH BETTER.

Fantastic second trailer.

Epitome

Oct 27, 2017
So fucking down for this. RE2 is one of my favorite games ever, and this looks incredible. And it's out pretty soon.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They ultimately went for an OTS style, but kept Fixed Cameras and First-Person in the coding. However, they knew many fans had been waiting a long time for Fixed Angles, so they continued work on the Fixed Angles they started, they needed more polish last I heard, but the game had time for polish. I DID NOT hear they continued the First-Person Mode, which I think you see in the trailer (it's hard to say since frankly, the trailer has so little gameplay), but it looks like they might've.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Need to see gameplay now

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think the faces look terrible at all. In fact, I really like how both Claire and Leon look. Leon looks like a younger version of himself compared to RE4, and Claire looks different but her outfit does justice to what she wore in RE2. I love it. If it puts a slightly new spin on a few things, I can accept that. It's a remake.

Oh, and I'm still expecting fixed angles. Don't disappoint us Dusk Golem!

Status
Not open for further replies.