• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
There's a variety of official and unofficial videos for Resident Evil 2 Remake popping up, so I thought I might make a post to collectively post and update this OP with them.

Here is probably the best gameplay video to come out of E3 if you just want to watch one and no others:

Here is the developers sitting down with Sony to play the demo and talk a bit about the game:

GameSpot has uploaded a no commentary direct feed gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPdW-WZCnUY

There's been some other gameplay videos creeping up though.

Capcom Developers showing the entire demo with their commentary (around 25 minutes in, Twitch link for developer playthrough, around 3 hours and 43 minutes in for some mega fans playing the demo, such as cvxfreak)

The First Unofficial Off-Screen Gameplay Recording

Famitsu 15 Minute No Commentary Gameplay

Arketz Gaming 20 Minutes Direct Feed Gameplay

IGN 21 Minutes of Gameplay No Commentary

Will update and post when new videos surface, updating this OP as well as posting upcoming official streams and videos to collect them someplace.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
fuckin incredible

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Official Version of the gameplay was uploaded by Sony, so updated the OP with it, but here it is as well:

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd still prefer a perspective like the originals but I suppose I appreciate this still.

Seems to play more similar to the Revelations games than anything.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Goddamn.

I refuse to be excited about a return to form from Capcom because somehow they'll fuck it up. They always will.

But this game looks fantastic. My favorite Resident Evil returns to my side.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I love how believable the characters look. Photogrammetry is <3 On the other hand.....the zombies all way more terrifying than they used to...

Capcom said while making RE7 that nailing the look of the enemies was a lot harder because they're not scanned in. They don't have that issue here.. ._.

May 26, 2018
I love how much the zombies tank those nasty looking headshots. Really makes them feel scary. Like, jesus when is this thing going to go down?!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I would wish for them to change is add an optional toggle to turn all floating markers for things you can interact with off.

Do it like the OG, let the players press X on everything and see if it's touch-able.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
metroidvania survival horror.... i'm so in. The zombie look hard and i really really like that !

Oct 27, 2017
The only way I can accept this game is if I treat it as a whole new Resident Evil game instead of a remake of 2.

Aside from that, it looks amazing and I will buy it day 1.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to play this myself so bad.

I was skeptical about the OTS camera, but this looks like it makes great use of the perspective to make the experience much more "natural" in a way. Man, this is a dream game.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
Cause no Fix Camera ?

No fixed camera.

Rev2 movement and shooting.

Gated transitions which means the classic open level style and classic progression are probably gone for chapters or linear progression.

I mean sure it looks good visually, but everything else means I'm never touching it and it isn't the remake that was promised.

I guarantee the number of people angry would be higher if it wasn't ots, like I'm done with re tbh.

At least DMCV looks like the game I expected.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I would wish for them to change is add an optional toggle to turn all floating markers for things you can interact with off.

Do it like the OG, let the players press X on everything and see if it's touch-able.

If it's anything like RE7 (which, it looks similar to RE7's UI, so probably is), you'll be able to turn the floating markers on/off from the options menu.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

I think you could do that in RE7, couldn't you? I doubt they'd remove it.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
Oh and there's more, they didn't even use the classic inventory and UI.

Like these are things I identify with visually and mechanically for a remake of re2 or 3 or 1.

This shit is fucking garbage.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
No fixed camera.

Rev2 movement and shooting.

Gated transitions which means the classic open level style and classic progression are probably gone for chapters or linear progression.

I mean sure it looks good visually, but everything else means I'm never touching it and it isn't the remake that was promised.

I guarantee the number of people angry would be higher if it wasn't ots, like I'm done with re tbh.

At least DMCV looks like the game I expected.

Are you really done though? I feel I'm going to see you in another thread about this game with a similar post.