• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 24, 2018
I don't think I consider myself a Resident Evil fan anymore, I like generally all the games with Claire (RE2, Code Veronica) as well as the Remake. The others range from being quite alright to awful so there is that I guess. Was always more of a Silent Hill guy.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Looks out of character. And the sunglasses inside at night is stupid.
You don't have to change just because, Capcom. You need a good real reason.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
melania-trump-1100365.jpg
Guess I'm not the only one who thought that, lol.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Original RE2: We need to make it a surprising plot twist that she's a spy.

Remake RE2: Everyone already knows, screw it.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Man I can't believe Capcom redesigned Ada as one toddler standing on another toddler's shoulders under a trenchcoat. Have some respect for the original character design.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
it has come to my attention that someone at Capcom is a leaky someone

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Haha sick. Maybe when they were hinting at her old look not being completely gone is referring to the fact her actual dress is under the coat.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'm not digging it, if her coat was red though it would look great.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
ResetEra makes yet another cameo in a gaming article lmao

ScreenRant: https://screenrant.com/resident-evil-2-ada-wong-new-design/

Ada Wong became a fan-favorite of the Resident Evil series after Capcom introduced her in Resident Evil 2. While Ada's new look has been a mystery until now, the surprise looks to have been spoiled early.

Leaked on ResetEra, the new Ada fits with the rest of the game's reimagined characters. Although Capcom is yet to confirm that the screenshots are the real deal, it looks like a pretty solid leak of the official Ada Wong. Capcom surely knew that Ada's reveal would be big news after the Resident Evil 2 E3 trailer appeared to kept her hiding in the shadows. Despite someone getting there first and ruining the marketing department's plan for Ada, there's no stopping the hype of the what she could bring to Resident Evil 2.

Some have already poked fun at Ada's appearance, joking that all she needs is a fedora to look like a 1950s detective. With Ada known as a mysterious character with links to faceless corporations with sinister motives, an incognito look fits with her backstory. Hardcore Resident Evil fans will notice that Ada's revamp is a million miles away from the slinky red dress that she wore in the 1998 game. That being said, a beige trench coat and dark glasses are much more practical for a a spy's day to day wardrobe.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I bet that trench coat is coming off halfway through the game, and she'll be sporting her original look within.

Probably not the original look exactly (what we can see of the rest of the outfit already rules that out) but it'll probably have some red to it. If they continue going along with the concept outfit, it might be a separate black miniskirt rather than a dress with the red coming from the top, but they have already deviated from that; for example with adding the heels.