• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
The Resident Evil 2 Remake is set to track player decisions in the style of Telltale games, with data from playthroughs of the game across the globe being compiled and made viewable to other players. Borrowing from games such as The Walking Dead, Resident Evil 2 will allow players to see "global totals and trends," and let them compare their data to the rest of the world.
This news comes following the recent launch of the Resident Evil 2 One Shot demo, which allows players to experience 30 minutes of the upcoming survival-horror game. Along with seeing their individual game progress on the official RE2 website, players will also be able to see how others are getting on, too. This includes displaying whether Leon Kennedy or Claire Redfield is the most popular protagonist and the completion rate for both characters.
With Leon and Claire having two separate campaigns in the RE2 Remake, players will have to choose which character they want to experience the game with. As shown on the Resident Evil 2 website, they'll then be able to have what percentage of players chose which character, how many times each character has been played, and how many times each character has cleared the campaign.
more at link

Mod Edit: This thread title has been updated for clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
First thing I thought of were the Resident Evil 3 Live Selections.

Resident-Evil-3-Nemesis-Fight-or-flight-police-station.jpg

Though it seems to be just a stats tracking system? I can't say that I'm surprised, either way it'll be interesting to see the percentage of people who went with Claire first.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No excitement from me for this feature.
Devs have been collecting player data for how long now? Making the data available to the public in nice looking clothes won't effect my playthrough or enjoyment of the game. Or give me any kind of benefits.
It's marketing, personally I couldn't care less.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Devs have been collecting player data for how long now? Making the data available to the public in nice looking clothes won't effect my playthrough or enjoyment of the game. Or give me any kind of benefits.

Man, if curmudgeonly could be summed up in a single post...

I really like seeing this kind of data. Can't wait to play this

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, if curmudgeonly could be summed up in a single post...

I really like seeing this kind of data. Can't wait to play this

Lol, why?

I'm very excited about the game. Just don't give a fuck about player data. It's an useless feature to me. But it is something that can be used on twitter and talked about on forums. It's marketing and
If you like it, great for you. I'm fine with being the only one thinking that it's empty.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Title is pretty misleading. This is just about stats and not '___ will remember that' type decisions.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol, why?

I'm very excited about the game. Just don't give a fuck about player data. It's an useless feature to me. But it is something that can be used on twitter and talked about on forums. It's marketing and
If you like it, great for you. I'm fine with being the only one thinking that it's empty.

Dude. U don't need to be negative about everything. It is not the end of the world having it. It is not like the game will delay because of that.

TGR Onix

Nov 3, 2017
Nofun.gif

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know how many players examine the keys so their real names show up in the inventory.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Thread title made it sound like as if the actual game tracked your decisions, kind of like Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

If it's just a stat tracker, then meh.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I'd say it was more of a Quantum Break-style or general achievement/trophy-style player stat tracker.

There aren't going to be dozens of branching paths in the game.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
This sounds to be the same thing they did with the last couple of games where it tracks stats. I think both Revelations games had it, RE7 had it, even Umbrella Corps had it IIRC. Maybe it will be somehow a bit more advanced here?

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if it will have moments like older RE's where there was some small variance that they could track with this system(i.e. whether you fight and defeat the giant snake the first time, getting certain characters out alive, taking the submachine gun or the extra inventory space, etc) The series isn't known for choice and consequence but there is some fun stuff sprinkled through out the series.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Choosing one of two campaign before the game starts is nothing akin to the decision making system inherent throughout the telltale games.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, that title really had me worried for a second there. Luckily it's just the kind of analytic stuff.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was turned off for a sec but if it's just simple stats that's perfectly good.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Isn't this basically what RE.net has been for all these years?

I see nothing different in this article than what they've done with RE.net in the past. Especially RE7's integration. As people above have mentioned, just a click grab.

I'm not sure anyone would know! That's that thing you click 'no' to when you first start up every recent Resident Evil game right?

This made me chuckle.

Jun 18, 2018

Some of us are trying to avoid any spoilers on any form of RE2Make content, and the thread title gives away the introduction of a new feature.

I was the kind of fan that rinsed the original RE2 demos (RE2:DC and timed versions) before starting RE2 itself. This time around, I want to go into RE2Make without knowing anything beyond the initial trailer. I'm not even touching the demo.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Some of us are trying to avoid any spoilers on any form of RE2Make content, and the thread title gives away the introduction of a new feature.
If your blackout is so strict then you shouldn't really be on gaming forums I think.

This is just RE.net stat tracking anyway, it isn't a new feature. They've been doing it since 5.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
RE.net always sends me emails and I forget to look at it but I'll give it a shot for RE 2