• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think RE2's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 467 21.8%
  • 89-92

Votes: 1,050 49.1%
  • 85-88

Votes: 500 23.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 77 3.6%
  • <80

Votes: 45 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 28, 2017
It's a five fucking minute segment. FIVE MINUTES. Of painfully easy stealth (which is only basically ONE part of the entire thing, the room) People just love to hate things. It's a confirmation bias, you wanted the game to fail, so you're just screaming about what basically amounts to a tiny part of the game that most people loved, and complaining when other people don't like it.
Ok

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Stealth section was fine other than the way Irons says "door's locked" annoyed me for some reason lol

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
If you only care about the A game, that's fine, but why not just admit that the 2nd scenarios aren't very compelling and aren't worth playing?
Never really played RE2 classic, didn't know anything about the 'zapping' system I just googled five minutes ago. I'm really enjoying the 2nd scenario right now and do find it worth playing.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
The only thing I didn't like about the remake was the A/B inconsistencies that Sphere Hunter brings up. Annette's place in both runs is very weird, as is Mr.X/"Tyrant"'s given the context of Claire's run.

Those minor details are really the only things that bug me at all. The stealth Sherry segment didn't really bother me, as the game gives you plenty of time before (and during) to figure out which ways are dead ends and which places are available for hiding.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The only thing I didn't like about the remake was the A/B inconsistencies that Sphere Hunter brings up. Annette's place in both runs is very weird, as is Mr.X/"Tyrant"'s given the context of Claire's run.

Those minor details are really the only things that bug me at all. The stealth Sherry segment didn't really bother me, as the game gives you plenty of time before (and during) to figure out which ways are dead ends and which places are available for hiding.

Yeah, I honestly would've preferred for them to just make a Claire campaign and a Leon campaign, each very different and meticulously crafted to make sense with each other. Only problem I can see is the ending - it feels like you'd need to remove the ability to choose who to play as first, and create the campaigns to be played in a specific order. That, or have a separate third short campaign covering the ending where Leon and Claire work together.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Is it just me or is the second run harder than the first run? I see less ammo, and Mr X appears so early on.

BTW Claire's playthrough is harder than Leon's IMO, the SMG sucks and there's not enough grenade launcher ammo compared to how much shotgun and desert eagle ammo there is for Leon's weapons.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Is it just me or is the second run harder than the first run? I see less ammo, and Mr X appears so early on.

BTW Claire's playthrough is harder than Leon's IMO, the SMG sucks and there's not enough grenade launcher ammo compared to how much shotgun and desert eagle ammo there is for Leon's weapons.

I've played Claire then Leon 2nd Run on Hardcore, and I never got the Spark Shot on the first run, but still finished it fine. I did get the Flamethrower on 2nd Run, and I'm dead sure I would've run out of ammo without it, so I do think 2nd Run is harsher.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Yeah, I honestly would've preferred for them to just make a Claire campaign and a Leon campaign, each very different and meticulously crafted to make sense with each other. Only problem I can see is the ending - it feels like you'd need to remove the ability to choose who to play as first, and create the campaigns to be played in a specific order. That, or have a separate third short campaign covering the ending where Leon and Claire work together.
Yeah, this is mostly how I view it. I would have liked it if there were some mutually exclusive events. It would have added some replay value, too!

I wish more of the game had moments like when Leon grabs the G-virus sample. "That was easy..." he says, and it's because Claire opened up the locker before he got there. It would add a lot of replay value if there was more stuff like that, where one play through doesn't explain everything and you have to play the other to see the interwoven story. You could walk into the Nest as Leon and just find Annette dead in the security room, no explanation until you play as Claire and witness her actually die, rather than the dumb double-G3 Double-Annette timeline shenanigans we witness.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I wish more of the game had moments like when Leon grabs the G-virus sample. "That was easy..." he says, and it's because Claire opened up the locker before he got there. It would add a lot of replay value if there was more stuff like that, where one play through doesn't explain everything and you have to play the other to see the interwoven story. You could walk into the Nest as Leon and just find Annette dead in the security room, no explanation until you play as Claire and witness her actually die, rather than the dumb double-G3 Double-Annette timeline shenanigans we witness.

The Mr. X stuff would get muddled since he dies in Claire's campaign very early. Maybe have both of them fight G4 together?

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
The Mr. X stuff would get muddled since he dies in Claire's campaign very early. Maybe have both of them fight G4 together?

It would be perfectly fine if they removed him dying in Claire's campaign, or just had him show up with a big hole in his chest revealing his heart in Leon's after that point. I don't think it's a huge problem, but it's one of those points that shows that Leon and Claire's campaigns don't actually line up in-game.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
This is my GotG so far, but I do have the same minor nitpicks as most do on here. My expectations were based off what how good the OG REmake was in comparison, where they improved on every aspect of the original while adding new locations, enemies and bosses with nothing on the cutting room floor. I fully expected the 2nd run/B game to very different and unique. I expected a new boss, a new enemy or 2 and an expanded streets section. The extra areas and bosses were literally the best part about REmake 1, so I figured that stuff like that would be added. Zapping though was out of the question as they said that from the beginning so no worries there. I really like what they did to the Ivy's since the original ones were lame and goofy looking. G Mutants also make more sense than a boss.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
It would be perfectly fine if they removed him dying in Claire's campaign, or just had him show up with a big hole in his chest revealing his heart in Leon's after that point. I don't think it's a huge problem, but it's one of those points that shows that Leon and Claire's campaigns don't actually line up in-game.

I wouldn't want them to remove the Birkin vs Mr X scene (that shit was awesome, one of the coolest parts in the game for me), so either have him with the wound in Leon's campaign, or have there actually be 2 Mr X's (with Leon able to find the dead one).

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I wouldn't want them to remove the Birkin vs Mr X scene (that shit was awesome, one of the coolest parts in the game for me), so either have him with the wound in Leon's campaign, or have there actually be 2 Mr X's (with Leon able to find the dead one).

Well luckily, there ARE two Mr. Xes!

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Saw Fungo posted here before, he kinda did a review of the remake.

Pretty garbage review, and Fungo is usually on point with his Rezi videos. All he does is complain about is the lack of fixed camera angles and declare the new version to "souless" for some reason. Going by the likes to dislikes, seems like his viewers think the videos poor quality too.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

Pretty garbage review, and Fungo is usually on point with his Rezi videos. All he does is complain about is the lack of fixed camera angles and declare the new version to "souless" for some reason. Going by the likes to dislikes, seems like his viewers think the videos poor quality too.

I think when he talks about camera angle he does a good job of explaining why it was effective and what it could add to a fixed camera angle. But the point is that REmake accomplishes all that. I was more confortable with zombies close to me in the original one than in the remake. He just seems to assume fixed camera angle are inherent needed to accomplish a certain feeling of horror. And REmake 2 basically proves the contrary. I think RE2 felt a little short in some points, but it's definitely a worth remake, there is no doubt of it in my mind. Indeed, the single best compliment I can give to it is that I want REmake 3 to be similar to it. I also strongly disagree RE2 was made for casual audiences, indeed, I think this game is harder than the original.

Anyway, quoting his analogy, I think it's less about missing ingredients and simply about changing the brand.

Also, I really dislike the sense of entitlement that the video delivers. I can understand why someone would be disappointed with the changes RE2make had and feel it didn't deliver the experience they wanted. But this video would be much better if he just tried to explain why RE2 fails to convey the same feeling of the 1998 game instead of just stating it doesn't. And use developer interviews to attack the game.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

This video really does come across as a guy just whining about a change he doesn't like. A lot of his arguments are just REALLY poorly articulated. I like fixed camera angles quite a bit; I have always been a proponent of them. However, the over-the-shoulder perspective worked extremely well here. I don't think Mr. Fungo really gave it a sincere chance. Instead, he made a video that takes a lot of unfair potshots. He comes across as a bit of an obstinate prick.

Oct 29, 2017
People who use the word soulless never know what the fuck they're talking about and they always come across looking stupid as fuck

Nerrel

Oct 31, 2017

All he does is complain about is the lack of fixed camera angles and declare the new version to "souless" for some reason.

The lack of a real soundtrack and dramatic angles does take a lot out of the game. I don't know if I'd call it soulless, but I did think the mood was often empty and boring compared to the original.

I did a comparison but I can't really post my own vid, so here's an abridged example. You had this scene in the original with such a great score and visuals...
gfs_45372_2_131_mid.jpg

And then in the remake you get this comparatively dull sewer section as the equivalent moment. The soundtrack is pretty weak and quiet, and the sad thing is that this room had probably the most noticeable/prominent music in the entire game (outside of battles).
Resident-Evil-2-Remake-Gameplay-Part-3-2019-01-25-17-18-33.mp4_000558169-1400x788.jpg

The game is great in its own way, but when it comes to things like the soundtrack it's definitely a lot less memorable and lacking in character. And a lot of that stuff is what really defined RE2 to me, so I think it's valid to question whether a total reimagining was the right course for a remake people were asking for over so many years- particularly when REmake was established as the template most people seemed to want Capcom to follow.

If you're going to change everything from the original, at a certain point you may as well just make a new game. You have to capture the appeal of the original when doing a remake, otherwise there's no point in it being "Resident Evil 2." I think this game is really awkwardly riding the line where it has just enough of the original DNA to feel like RE2 while losing enough of the original to also feel like it's a totally different game at the same time.

I enjoyed playing it a lot, but it's totally reasonable for someone to express disappointment with it if it didn't capture what RE2 was to them and I think getting any kind of "backlash" for being critical of the game is bullshit.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed playing it a lot, but it's totally reasonable for someone to express disappointment with it if it didn't capture what RE2 was to them and I think getting any kind of "backlash" for being critical of the game is bullshit.

I would argue that the video is just really bad. I think he is getting "backlash" because people thought the arguments were exceptionally poor. That isn't bullshit, that is the process. If you critique a piece of media your critique will inevitably be critiqued. I mean, just look at that awful, awful metaphor at the end of the video. He is begging for a little backlash, here.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
My problem with RE2 remake so far is that REmake 1 kept all of the content of the original game and enhanced it plus added new stuff whereas with re2 tons of stuff was thrown out including key story and plot elements (the details of the Birkin storyline, how the tragic accident occurred that caused the g-virus outbreak, Ada looking for her husband, etc.) all got cut along with several enemies and the as before mentioned A/B scenarios. I also hate how they cut all of the cool cutscenes rather than redo them (the Birkin transformation scene and how the helicopter crashed into the RPD were really memorable scenes from the original). There are things that are really good in the remake but it also leaves a lot to be desired. It definitely feels like they skimped on content which is really unfortunate. I plan to go into more detail after I finish both campaigns.

Nov 18, 2017
My problem with RE2 remake so far is that REmake 1 kept all of the content of the original game and enhanced it plus added new stuff whereas with re2 tons of stuff was thrown out including key story and plot elements (the details of the Birkin storyline, how the tragic accident occurred that caused the g-virus outbreak, Ada looking for her husband, etc.) all got cut along with several enemies and the as before mentioned A/B scenarios. I also hate how they cut all of the cool cutscenes rather than redo them (the Birkin transformation scene and how the helicopter crashed into the RPD were really memorable scenes from the original). There are things that are really good in the remake but it also leaves a lot to be desired. It definitely feels like they skimped on content which is really unfortunate. I plan to go into more detail after I finish both campaigns.

Agree with all of these points. And I get the people that don't care either weren't that into Resident Evil 2, or some maybe weren't even born I guess, but this isn't an issue that warrants a defense force.

The remake cuts some fundamental stuff to it's detriment. The alternate route to the RPD, and at the beginning Marvin could mention to Elliott another cop has gone to the roof, and then in Scenario B you see that cop, and get a similar cut scene to the original, showing the events leading up the helicopter crash. Why cut something like that other than to skimp on the budget? They literally portray the crash via sound effects. That's a step back from 20 years ago.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Agree with all of these points. And I get the people that don't care either weren't that into Resident Evil 2, or some maybe weren't even born I guess, but this isn't an issue that warrants a defense force.

So, this is a pretty rocky start. Out-of-hand claiming that everyone who doesn't default to your position simply lacks experience is just a dismissive, shitty claim to make. I have been a fan of the franchise since the beginning. I love the original. However, I think the remake did an excellent job. I don't fit so comfortably into your narrative.

What if a defense force is just separate people who are all sharing their opinion? I sure as hell wasn't part of any formal organization, I wasn't recruited, I just added my two cents. I think it is a little problematic to start throwing around words like "defense force" as it is a shallow attempt to deligitimize people's opinions. It feels disingenuous and in bad taste.

You guys are really defensive over this game, huh

Pretty low effort, Ara. Maybe try to engage more sincerely in the future?

Nov 18, 2017
The new Resident Evil 2 is great, I love it and understand the praise it is getting, but... it is an objective fact: it cuts significant content from the dual-scenarios.

Please feel free to make the case for why you prefer they skipped content like the helicopter crash, alternate routes, alternative bosses and the interweaving narrative.

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
I absolutely love this version, I'm currently watching maximillian dood playing through resident evil 3 nemesis. It's strange to see the RPD station I think one day before resident evil 2. Not sure they can not change a few things if and when they do a 3 remake.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
The new Resident Evil 2 is great, I love it and understand the praise it is getting, but... it is an objective fact: it cuts significant content from the dual-scenarios.

Please feel free to make the case for why you prefer they skipped content like the helicopter crash, alternate routes, alternative bosses and the interweaving narrative.
Skipped helicopter crash was handled in-game as all the encounters also were. It was an effective way to cut on costs (since I doubt there's actually a helicopter in the air if you noclip it) and it's no secret that for all their expenses they ended up cutting corners, but the tradeoff is that the game is more playable in areas where the original wasn't, particularly dynamics between player, zombies and Mr. X.

Now, Mr. X's first encounter in the original was pretty brilliant too, but when push comes to shove, the way it works is that you have a limited time to unload magazines on him until he goes down before he walks to where you stand. It's a completely scripted encounter in that sense and it's cool because it adds tension, but I have to give kudos to how Capcom managed to implement him this time, to how it was suggested that he would follow you in the original. Granted, you don't see his hand reach over the railing right at the POV of the fixed camera in this game and it's less surprising when he idly finds your location versus a prescripted surprise, but again, it's the dynamics here that impress more. That's also what they were going for.

I can make a case for how I like playing this game more than the original but honestly I just see them as two games that are more or less just as good but in different ways. That said, I agree that the lack of true A and B scenarios which was essentially 4 playthroughs, is a big minus but for what it's worth they essentially took all the most iconic encounters from each scenario and stuck them into each campaign instead. The lack of spiders, moth and crows is my biggest issue, but that said crows always confused me just a little in RE2 originally. It made sense because they could've come from the Raccoon forest where it was suggested they spread the T-virus, but in RE2 it's suggested that rats spread the G-virus, so I would've loved to see mutated rats instead lol.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018

How can you say "objective fact" then use a subjective word like "significant"?

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I've seen this sentiment these last few days about A/B scenarios and my doubt remains the same: isn't A significantly larger in this version than in the original? The game is more substantial now than it ever was, with some important 2nd Story elements having made the transition to the first playthrough. B's now a different experience to what we saw in the 1990s, "lesser" wouldn't be an inappropiate word to describe it, but it's only as a consequence of A being expanded/improved and a change of priorities at Capcom (a "remake" not following the original step-by-step).

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I've seen this sentiment these last few days about A/B scenarios and my doubt remains the same: isn't A significantly larger in this version than in the original? The game is more substantial now than it ever was, with some important 2nd Story elements having made the transition to the first playthrough. B's now a different experience to what we saw in the 1990s, "lesser" wouldn't be an inappropiate word to describe it, but it's only as a consequence of A being expanded/improved and a change of priorities at Capcom (a "remake" not following the original step-by-step).
I've made this same point many times. Content hasn't been cut from A/B, it's just been included in BOTH. It's the people complaining about cut content that are actually advocating for content to be cut. They want stuff cut from A and only included in B and vice versa.

REmake is hailed as the high point of the series. I made a point about would REmake be better if they cut Crimson heads from Jill and only had it in Chris or cut one snake fight from each of Chris and Jill or cut Lisa from Chris and only had it in Jill etc... would that be a better game? Yet to get a response.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

I would argue that the helicopter crash is more immediate in the remake. The problem with cutscenes is that they force your perspective away from the protagonist. I don't think it was a budget decision to keep the narrative firmly tethered to your chosen protagonist at all times. The helicopter crash feels far less cinematic, but it also feels more visceral (more like it actually happened). That was, in my opinion, a creative decision.

I think losing the alternate routes was unfortunate. I think the interweaving narrative was done better in the original. However, I still feel like the end product is exemplary, and those missing elements didn't diminish that experience for me.

I can see why you have a problem with it, but don't dismiss other people's opinions simply because they do not.

Nov 18, 2017
The helicopter crash is more immediate in the remake. The problem with cutscenes is that they force your perspective away from the protagonist. I don't think it was a budget decision to keep the narrative firmly tethered to your chosen protagonist at all times. The helicopter crash feels far less cinematic, but it also feels more visceral (more like it actually happened). That was, in my opinion, a creative decision.

I think losing the alternate routes was unfortunate. I think the interweaving narrative was done better in the original. However, I still feel like the end product is exemplary, and those missing elements didn't diminish that experience for me.

I can see why you have a problem with it, but don't dismiss other people's opinions simply because they do not.

I think the end product is exceptionally strong, but there are frequent cut scenes elsewhere throughout the game, and the crash is tethered to whichever character is witnessing it, so I think the helicopter was most likely cut due to a budgeting decision.

Everybody dismisses or endorses certain opinions. I've said repeatedly I appreciate people can be very happy with the game and not care about the issues raised, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them or sit on the fence and say everyone is right!

Nov 18, 2017
I've made this same point many times. Content hasn't been cut from A/B, it's just been included in BOTH. It's the people complaining about cut content that are actually advocating for content to be cut. They want stuff cut from A and only included in B and vice versa.

REmake is hailed as the high point of the series. I made a point about would REmake be better if they cut Crimson heads from Jill and only had it in Chris or cut one snake fight from each of Chris and Jill or cut Lisa from Chris and only had it in Jill etc... would that be a better game? Yet to get a response.

You're creating a strawman argument. The "cut content" those people refer to isn't Mr. X, but clearly if he was exclusive to B Scenario it would help to differentiate the two modes, given they're very similar in this version compared to the original.

Your REmake comparison isn't appropriate either. I would be fine if Lisa or Crimsonheads were seperated into different scenarios, because they would still be in the game, that wouldn't be cut content.

What IS cut content is the stuff from RE2 that is no longer in REmake 2, which has been outlined plenty of times in terms of routes, narratives, enemies, bosses, cut scenes.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Haven't read the past 49 pages, but I want to reinforce how amazing the PC port is of this game. On a high end machine, it's runs like a dream with max settings at 4K and in some spots looks next gen to me, especially the architecture I'm the first and last thirds of the game.

I haven't played the original since January of '98, so I have no comments on the remix of the story or cut content, but I believe there is enough content to warrant the price of entry. With the DLC that's coming soon, I'm really looking to checking back in.

About to start my Leon A/Claire B run tomorrow sometime.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody dismisses or endorses certain opinions. I've said repeatedly I appreciate people can be very happy with the game and not care about the issues raised, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them or sit on the fence and say everyone is right!

I never said you should have to agree with everyone. I said that you shouldn't instantly paint everyone who doesn't see it as a problem as being a lesser fan of the original version of Resident Evil 2, or having never played it in the first place (which is an assertion you made based on nothing). That was my bone of contention. Not that you disagreed, but that you tried to invalidate the opinions of others.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
You're creating a strawman argument. The "cut content" those people refer to isn't Mr. X,
Eh? I never even mentioned Mr X so the strawman is on your part. The gameplay elements of the original A/B are all more or less found within REmake2 but now more of them appear in both.

but clearly if he was exclusive to B Scenario it would help to differentiate the two modes, given they're very similar in this version compared to the original.
Again nothing " differentiate the two modes" in REmake yet I've never ever seen that as complaint leveled against it. The consistency is not there with this type of critique. Seems like nitpicking for the sake of it.

Your REmake comparison isn't appropriate either. I would be fine if Lisa or Crimsonheads were seperated into different scenarios, because they would still be in the game, that wouldn't be cut content.
None of the significant events from A/B akin to Lisa or the Crimsonheads has been cut so this isn't an appropriate comparison by you.

What IS cut content is the stuff from RE2 that is no longer in REmake 2, which has been outlined plenty of times in terms of routes, narratives, enemies, bosses, cut scenes.
And it's been outlined plenty of time why none of that is "factually objectively significant" as you previously stated and some of that is outright false. What REmake2 added in terms of complexity and depth far outweighs what RE1 -> REmake did and far outweighs "cutting" stuff like a one and done jump scare/set piece with crows. If cutting crows dampens the experience for you so much that it totally negates the gameplay improvements made then I don't know what to tell you. Fair enough if that's your opinion, but don't make it out as if it's "facts" that people need to adhere to or else they're underage/not real RE fans. That's pathetic gatekeeping.

Nov 18, 2017
Eh? I never even mentioned Mr X so the strawman is on your part. The gameplay elements of the original A/B are all more or less found within REmake2 but now more of them appear in both.

Again nothing " differentiate the two modes" in REmake yet I've never ever seen that as complaint leveled against it. The consistency is not there with this type of critique. Seems like nitpicking for the sake of it.

None of the significant events from A/B akin to Lisa or the Crimsonheads has been cut so this isn't an appropriate comparison by you.

And it's been outlined plenty of time why none of that is "factually objectively significant" as you previously stated and some of that is outright false. What REmake2 added in terms of complexity and depth far outweighs what RE1 -> REmake did and far outweighs "cutting" stuff like a one and done jump scare/set piece with crows. If cutting crows dampens the experience for you so much that it totally negates the gameplay improvements made then I don't know what to tell you. Fair enough if that's your opinion, but don't make it out as if it's "facts" that people need to adhere to or else they're underage/not real RE fans. That's pathetic gatekeeping.

They cut a lot of stuff not just "crows". Scenario B in the original had totally different bosses inc. Mr X, a different route which interlinked with Scenario A, rather than overlapping it, with new areas, there were in total 4x playthrough variants each with unique cut scenes and dialogue and Scenario A & B were significantly different.

REmake 2 bulks up the campaign, NEST is far superior in the remake. But it also subtracts elements, and especially in terms of the Scenario B the creative direction and prioritisation is bit odd. For example, let's remove x but spend resources on an orphanage subplot that didn't exist in the original game.

It would be like the REmakes devs using Lisa or crimsonheads as justificationg for cutting: crows, spiders, the plant, the shark and the snake.

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
They cut a lot of stuff not just "crows". Scenario B in the original had totally different bosses inc. Mr X, a different route which interlinked with Scenario A, rather than overlapping it, with new areas, there were in total 4x playthrough variants each with unique cut scenes and dialogue and Scenario A & B were significantly different.

As good as it is, that would have been a better game. It is too bad they didn't deliver with the different scenarios.

Nov 18, 2017
As good as it is, that would have been a better game. It is too bad they didn't deliver with the different scenarios.

It's a very minor complaint, but even the rendition of the initial city run from the original is altered in this - I was thrilled to see it's inclusion later on - but it feels much less organic and claustrophobic as they opened up the roads around the basketball court and contrived a corridor out of crashed cars. Something about it just felt off.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This game might just end up as not only my game of the year, but my second-favorite game of the generation, right after Bloodborne.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished Scenario B last night, and I think this ended strong. I think having Mr. X such an immediate, persistent thread for Claire in Scenario B works well, even when it can be infuriating in the moment. And the story scene that abruptly ends that threat is a hell of a moment. The secondary character parts for both Ada and Sherry help with the overall pacing. Admitedly, I stowed so much ammo and power weapons that went unused for Claire/Leon, I sort of wish they telegraphed the bigger fights just a wee-bit more.