• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

If you can't watch the video
  • Talk about the numerous new effects to the game (3D Audio, Area Designs, Blood Effects, Music)
  • Easter Eggs in the game (Hidden "we do its", OG RE2 pics hidden in-game,
  • Dev Team Debates (Tyrant Designs, Story Moments)
  • Canned Development Ideas (Approach to lab, Driving Section, Jump Scare Enemy, Longer Alligator Sequence, G2 fight used to be similar to G1 but had different effects)
  • Fixed Camera was cut
  • Fps was tried at one point
  • Message from the Developers
  • Kamiya will be in the next roundtable!
Cut Enemy
faflcjib.png

Fixed Camera
fafakgk5g.png

First Person
fps7ij5x.png

Last edited:

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Very cool! Man, I wish all those cut locations would have stayed in, as it could have made a great '2nd Scenario' feel more unique.

I'd kill for a randomizer mode to keep things unpredictable, too. I want it all.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Where is that Location where Marvin pointing the shotgun at Leon?

Looks like at one point you'd meet Marvin at Kendo's Gunshop. Then going from a video pulled from the data files. You apparently would walk him over back to the RPD. I could see why it was cut, Marvin likely would've already come from there and taking him back just to die after a set amount of time is a bit odd.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had a feeling that, if they were going to use fixed camera, they would go the way of Code Veronica and/or RE3.5. I wish they actually worked on it instead of cutting it, it would have been a fun addition to the game.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is a fantastic little series! The sneak peak at Kamiya at the end has me eager to see the next video!

Does anyone know if Capcom will do something like this for DMC5? I'd watch this for any game I like, honestly. Maybe even ones I'm not fond of!

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
That cut enemy looks like the White Heads. There were a few more in the concept art that looked pretty cool. I really wish they can release a Director's Cut with the cut content and put that in the 2nd run.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Would have loved to see a more fleshed out Alligator encounter and the part where Clarie and Leon are together.

Amazing game but wish they were more liberal with adding new content/areas like they were with the first ReMake

Oct 28, 2017
It's interesting how a lot of the early test areas seem to be based entirely on the original RE2 layout. That street area with Claire accompanying Leon is obviously a 1:1 recreation of the alley behind Kendo's Gunshop. Would've been nice if they had used the route you took in the original version as the streets area in 2nd Run.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some cool looking stuff got cut but it's understandable with how good the finished product is. Maybe we will get some of it as DLC? Who knows. They did a great job on the game though.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
A cable car level above ground looks so much more interesting than what we got. Too bad they cut out that enemy in the orphanage too. It looked creepy as fuck. These cuts depress me lol.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
From how they were talking about fixed, seems it was a case of resources and being very pleased with how OTS turned out.
Since they mention "It was going to be both, but we saw how good OTS was and decided it wasn't needed" essentially.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
with how much of the strategy of this game revolves around aiming at specific parts of the zombie, I'm glad that fixed camera was cut, even as cool as that would be

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
They need to do a randomiser mode for the game.
Letting you randomise items (to some extent) and enemies would add some much replayability.

Oct 27, 2017
That cut enemy looks scary as shit. No regrets on cut content though—game delivered in all aspects. I'm glad they went over the shoulder instead of fixed camera.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice Condemned shout-out in there! So they tried making this play like Dead Aim, pretty cool. And I gotta say, that fixed camera looked fucking good.

I think what we got is amazing, though.

Sharivan

Dec 29, 2018
Belgium
From how they were talking about fixed, seems it was a case of resources and being very pleased with how OTS turned out.
Since they mention "It was going to be both, but we saw how good OTS was and decided it wasn't needed" essentially.

I agree that the OST worked fine and the game is great, but that fixed camera looked REALLY cool.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
As a life long RE fan, I don't care about the fixed camera at all. It would have been a cool novelty on subsequent play throughs though. I'm more upset about the cut locations and enemies lol. Like many have said, it would have been perfect for the 2nd run.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"We made her (Jill's) boyfriend a dog"

REmake 3 gonna have to start with Jill killing her zombie dog :(

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I also echo all the "I forgot about fixed perspective after I played it" people. I'd still buy it as dlc but yeah, as is, the game is amazing, even without. I am not adverse to playing the original either so I can always do that, were I to want fixed camera. Win win.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Posting some gifs and pictures from the video that are worth the spotlight:

typed.png

worth.png

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Cause you can't aim your guns properly.

The game is balanced around being able to aim at specific parts of enemies with fluidity. Probably more dev time than its worth to have to re-balance the fixed camera mode.

They could have made a fixed camera that switches to an ots perspective with the press of the shoulder aim button.

But yeah, they would need more time and resources. Maybe in an update. First person perspective would be a lot easier to do anyway.

Oct 30, 2017
They made all the right choices and decisions for the game.. and they ended up with the best survival horror game in the last decade.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I also echo all the "I forgot about fixed perspective after I played it" people. I'd still buy it as dlc but yeah, as is, the game is amazing, even without. I am not adverse to playing the original either so I can always do that, were I to want fixed camera. Win win.
Same. Pre-release I wasn't exactly "fixed cameras or bust!" but I definitely thought they had to be in there as an option. I don't feel that way anymore. It'd be a neat addition that I'd love to have, but they completely sold me on the direction they ended up going with. It's a remarkable game.