• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 18, 2017
Anyone who ordered the EU collectors edition GAME UK are taking payment / cancelling orders this weekend so you may need to check your account to ensure the pre-order is honoured.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

JaydensApples

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Well, it for RE4 and 5 it makes sense because those actually still use tank controls. In this RE4 video you can see how a user managed to make it look almost like an old RE game just by using noclip and otherwise normal controls.

Yeah it looks like an old resident evil game sure, but that's not the goal here with resident evil 2 remake, it's mesnt to be an over the shoulder game. It's suposed to be something new. Fixed camera just wouldn't work for a game that it's not meant for. Hence why capcom aren't gonna include it in remake 2. All the games that are over the shoulder and include fixed camera like 4 (mod) 5 and 6 just look and feel super tacked on.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I looked at the non-hidden trophies / achievements and noticed that there's one for not opening the item box once. That's interesting. I wonder if this means that the unlockable bonus weapons will be in the character's inventory right from the start like in the older games when doing a new playthrough using the same save file compared to RE7, where the bonus items had to get taken from the item box (probably because of the opening segment, where you're supposed to not have any weapons).

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I looked at the non-hidden trophies / achievements and noticed that there's one for not opening the item box once. That's interesting. I wonder if this means that the unlockable bonus weapons will be in the character's inventory right from the start like in the older games when doing a new playthrough using the same save file compared to RE7, where the bonus items had to get taken from the item box (probably because of the opening segment, where you're supposed to not have any weapons).

If anything, it probably means the opposite. If you have too many unlocks depending on what they all are. It'd make it impossible to complete if they always start in your inventory.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
If anything, it probably means the opposite. If you have too many unlocks depending on what they all are. It'd make it impossible to complete if they always start in your inventory.

Yeah, you're right. I didn't think of that. Come to think of it: In the original the bonus weapons (there were 3 if I remember correctly) were located in the item box once you unlocked them. And using them reduced your rank to B automatically unlike let's say the remake of RE1, where (I think) you you started with the bonus weapon and it had no influence on your rank whatsoever. I wonder how they're going to handle it in the remake (including the unlocking conditios).

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think REmake even had ranks, did it? Just stats about your time, kills, and healing items?

Yeah, just double-checked. I guess I'm misremembering a lot of things, lol. The requirements for unlocking the rocket launcher were just beating the game in under 3 hours. In the original RE2 you had to beat scenario A in under 2.5 hours with either an A or B ranking and without saving to get the infinite rocket launcher (I sure hope I'm not wrong about this one at least, lol).

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
All I know is that opening 14 minutes is probably going to take me an hour. I'm searching all around every one of those cars, and in every book and cranny on the way you RPD lol.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017
All I'll say is: our review will drop the minute the embargo is up. RE2 is one of my favorite games ever and I am extremely excited to tell you all what I've experienced.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it looks like an old resident evil game sure, but that's not the goal here with resident evil 2 remake, it's mesnt to be an over the shoulder game. It's suposed to be something new. Fixed camera just wouldn't work for a game that it's not meant for. Hence why capcom aren't gonna include it in remake 2. All the games that are over the shoulder and include fixed camera like 4 (mod) 5 and 6 just look and feel super tacked on.

Hoping you'll be eating crow in less than a week (Maybe that's where the crows have gone!). I feel like there is a substantial reason to believe that fixed may be in. Will it be good? Remains to be seen, but I definitely think it's easily within the realm of possibility. We know for a fact that they have at least tried to get it to work during development, the only question is if they were satisfied with the results enough to finish it's inclusion.

JaydensApples

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Hoping you'll be eating crow in less than a week (Maybe that's where the crows have gone!). I feel like there is a substantial reason to believe that fixed may be in. Will it be good? Remains to be seen, but I definitely think it's easily within the realm of possibility. We know for a fact that they have at least tried to get it to work during development, the only question is if they were satisfied with the results enough to finish it's inclusion.
As negative as I sound, I would love for there to be the option for the fixed camera angles, I think that'd be dope as fuckkk! Especially to classic re fans. And I'll gladly eat a crow if I'm wrong...NAY....I'll eat TWO! I just don't see it happening that's all.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I saw Ivy in one of their developer walkthroughs. It looks great IMO. It's changed but it's definitely Ivy.

It's worth noting, however, that they say in the same video that "It was a pain in the ass to implement it, actually." which is another sign that, if stuff got cut, it's because it was too rough on the development team and maybe there wasn't enough time or money to risk it.

Dec 28, 2018
I saw Ivy in one of their developer walkthroughs. It looks great IMO. It's changed but it's definitely Ivy.

It's worth noting, however, that they say in the same video that "It was a pain in the ass to implement it, actually." which is another sign that, if stuff got cut, it's because it was too rough on the development team and maybe there wasn't enough time or money to risk it.
Do you have a link to the developer walkthrough by chance?

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This demo brought me great joy when I had my 14 year old niece try it out. My niece happens to be a fan of The Walking Dead and I've heard her on several occasions say that she would do great in a zombie apocalype. She has been interested in playing this game since I showed her the trailer so yesterday she tried the demo. I saw her go from having confidence to being in bliss when that 30 minute timer was up. What I mean by bliss is that she wanted the ordeal to be over with lol. I've never seen her like I did when she was in utter relief to be done with it and all she could say was that before playing the game she thought she'ddo well in a zombie apocalype and now she feels she wouldn't last a day. I have to thank this game for opening her eyes lol.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Any idea why RE2 isn't a full price game? Is it purely because its a remake?
Probably because they have to estimate money to content-value, in the sense that RE2 is a short kind of game to play, roughly 6-8 hours for many players and this isn't much different. That's 8 hours x2 though with both campaigns but I would not be surprised if the stats say that the majority of players only played one character, and the slightly reduced cost accounts for that I think.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Probably because they have to estimate money to content-value, in the sense that RE2 is a short kind of game to play, roughly 6-8 hours for many players and this isn't much different. That's 8 hours x2 though with both campaigns but I would not be surprised if the stats say that the majority of players only played one character, and the slightly reduced cost accounts for that I think.
Yeah good point.
Where is it not full-priced? It's full-priced here in Canada.
...? It is a full priced game
Its launching in the UK at £40. Usually games launch around £50 - £55.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
From reddit:

en79biim5nb21.jpg

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Hardcore is also slightly remixed ala Madhouse, but I don't know if we have 100% confirmation on that

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
We've known about hardcore mode for a while now.

Good thing to know its unlocked right from the start.

Probably won't be able to get much confirmation on if it is slightly remixed until somebody runs through both mode or once reviews drop Tuesday.